Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It's nothing but pure heresy to declare that the blood of Jesus covers those who continue in known sin. Fact is, willful sinners don't have the love of God in them to refrain from sin; they either never had it or they lost it by their own indifference and/or lusts.

Furthermore, God's Word declares that heresies are a work of the flesh, and those who engage is such things will not inherit the kingdom of God (source: Galatians 5:19-21). So, this doctrine that you teach is rejected by this Bible-believing, blood-bought, redeemed servant of God.
Those who have never known the blood of Christ look to their own righteousness to justify them. Just like you're doing here. And in so doing have testified that they, like Israel, have not submitted to the righteousness of God:

Rom 10:2 For I testify to them that they have zeal to God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they did not submit to the righteousness of God.

Your doctrine of justification was rejected 2000 years ago, by Jesus on the cross. That same doctrine of justification by works that you proclaim here today will still be rejected when you stand before Christ.

You need the righteousness of Christ my friend, not your own. And that righteousness is found in Christ alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Redeemed those under the law from the curse of the law. Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Through faith in His blood. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. The price is paid, and all we need to do is believe in Christ and we will have eternal life: John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
In John 3:5... "Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

As Jesus said, no one can enter into the Kingdom of God except those who have been purified (born of water) by the Holy Spirit. He's referring to God's Divine Love, which is the ultimate purifier of sin.

In Luke, 4:1... "And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost..."

And in Luke 4:18, Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel..."

What is Jesus saying? My Father has anointed me with His Divine Love brought by the Holy Spirit.

In John 4:10, "Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water."

What is the "gift of God?" It's God's Divine Love, the very essence of God that makes us at-one with Him whereby we become Born Again in spirit. It is what Adam and Eve rejected and the reason for their fall from Grace. And it wasn't bestowed upon God's children until Jesus' birth. This is why Jesus is so important, because if he would have done what Adam and Eve did and rejected God's Love, we wouldn't be able to receive it to this day. But thank God that Jesus had insight and love and guidance not only from our Heavenly Father but the highest angels as well.

What is believing in Christ? Christ is the principle of God's Divine Love.

"Jesus became the Christ only because he was the first to receive this Divine Love into his soul, and to manifest Its existence. And this Christ Principle is one that all men may possess, with the result that they will become at-one with the Father in His substance of Love and Immortality. It would be impossible for Jesus, the man, to get into or become a part of any mortal; and it would be equally impossible for Christ, as the man Jesus - even though perfect and free from sin - to become a part of anyone."

Christ May Be in You - What it Means (http://tinyurl.com/2e83d5p - broken link)

Getting back to the OP's question then, there are two ways to become redeemed. One is by purification of our souls with God's Divine Love, whereby we are assured of immorality, and the other is by purification of our natural love whereby we have no assurance of immortality. We have these two options to choose from now, but that won't always be the case, because the privilege of receiving God's Divine Love will, once again, be removed.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Those who have never known the blood of Christ look to their own righteousness to justify them. Just like you're doing here. And in so doing have testified that they, like Israel, have not submitted to the righteousness of God:

Rom 10:2 For I testify to them that they have zeal to God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3 For being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they did not submit to the righteousness of God.

Your doctrine of justification was rejected 2000 years ago, by Jesus on the cross. That same doctrine of justification by works that you proclaim here today will still be rejected when you stand before Christ.

You need the righteousness of Christ my friend, not your own. And that righteousness is found in Christ alone.
Amen

Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Default The Law (Justice) versus Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Redeemed those under the law from the curse of the law.

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Through faith in His blood

God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood.

The price is paid, and all we need to do is believe in Christ and we will have eternal life:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Good response Finn -- Just a further note, While many claim to seek 'Justice,' none of us can satisfy the 'Just wages of sin' -- The LAW is a schoolteacher to show us that NONE can keep it and that ALL are subject to JUSTICE.

Since Christ satisfied Justice on our behalf, those who accept/receive what Christ has done on their behalf, are no longer under the LAW, but are 'Saved by Grace'

Old 12-12-2010, 04:43 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:

Jesus makes God's servants holy and righteous through His blood; it's living reality, not a mirage. Those who reject the highway of holiness and righteousness are not redeemed, but still slaves of sin.

For I [Jesus] say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. - Mathew 5:20

1 Corinthians 6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The redeemed are made holy through the blood of the Lamb. The unrighteous are outside the gates on their way to hell. Separate yourselves from sin!

Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Good response Finn -- Just a further note, While many claim to seek 'Justice,' none of us can satisfy the 'Just wages of sin' -- The LAW is a schoolteacher to show us that NONE can keep it and that ALL are subject to JUSTICE.

Since Christ satisfied Justice on our behalf, those who accept/receive what Christ has done on their behalf, are no longer under the LAW, but are 'Saved by Grace'
For it is by graced you are saved , through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do

Would you care to answer what this means jghorton ?. "and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God"

These 3 verses are packed with what God has done, i have underlined them in the hope you might see my point.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:11 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus makes God's servants holy and righteous through His blood; it's living reality, not a mirage. Those who reject the highway of holiness and righteousness are not redeemed, but still slaves of sin.

For I [Jesus] say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. - Mathew 5:20

1 Corinthians 6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

The redeemed are made holy through the blood of the Lamb. The unrighteous are outside the gates on their way to hell. Separate yourselves from sin!
The unrighteous are those who stand before Christ clothed in their own works of righteousness and tell Jesus what they did, rather than what Christ did for them:

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, lord, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name cast out demons? and in thy name done many mighty things?

The righteous have no self righteousness of their own. Christ is their righteousness.

1Co 1:30 and of Him ye--ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption,

Php 3:9 not having my righteousness, which is of law, but that which is through faith of Christ--the righteousness that is of God by the faith,

It is this righteousness (Christ's righteousness) imputed to us that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees. Those who are justified (declared righteous) are righteous in the name of Jesus, not by their works or anything they do:

1Co 6:11 And certain of you were these! but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were declared righteous, in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in the Spirit of our God.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:42 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Default Even Faith is a Gift of God, lest any man boast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
For it is by graced you are saved , through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do

Would you care to answer what this means jghorton ?. "and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God"

These 3 verses are packed with what God has done, i have underlined them in the hope you might see my point.
PCamps, Even the 'faith' to believe God, is a gift of God. Grace means that God is never 'indebted' to man (eg; man will never be able to say, "look at my great faith - God must now ...(save me or ??") In fact, Romans 1:18-20 tells us that those who suppress this inborn knowledge of God's eternal power and deity ... are without excuse. God's Grace remains an entirely unmerited, unearned gift -- which we can either accept or reject/ignore.

When we use the 'faith' God has given us to trust in Christ and His completed work for our Salvation and Life, we are reborn as a new, spiritual creation. God then provides opportunities for us to participate in His work. We do not enable God or add anything to God. On the contrary, the 'works' allow God to bless His work in us. When we see God working in/through us, our faith and relationship with God grows ... which is the 'work' God has prepared for us to do. (Faith is both a 'fruit of the Spirit' and a 'Gift of the Spirit).

Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
PCamps, Even the 'faith' to believe God, is a gift of God. Grace means that God is never 'indebted' to man (eg; man will never be able to say, "look at my great faith - God must now ...(save me or ??") In fact, Romans 1:18-20 tells us that those who suppress this inborn knowledge of God's eternal power and deity ... are without excuse. God's Grace remains an entirely unmerited, unearned gift -- which we can either accept or reject/ignore.

When we use the 'faith' God has given us to trust in Christ and His completed work for our Salvation and Life, we are reborn as a new, spiritual creation. God then provides opportunities for us to participate in His work. We do not enable God or add anything to God. On the contrary, the 'works' allow God to bless His work in us. When we see God working in/through us, our faith and relationship with God grows ... which is the 'work' God has prepared for us to do. (Faith is both a 'fruit of the Spirit' and a 'Gift of the Spirit).
I think the bolded part of your post should read "God gives us the faith to believe", then it fits perfectly with all that Ephesians 2:8-10 is telling us, it's all His doing. I can never understand why christians cannot accept this, what is they to lose by this ?, accept our pride.Think about it.

It takes God to open our eyes, and when he does, we recognize him, until this happen we will never recognize him.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:
The unrighteous are those who stand before Christ clothed in their own works of righteousness and tell Jesus what they did, rather than what Christ did for them:

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, lord, have we not in thy name prophesied? and in thy name cast out demons? and in thy name done many mighty things?

The righteous have no self righteousness of their own. Christ is their righteousness.

1Co 1:30 and of Him ye--ye are in Christ Jesus, who became to us from God wisdom, righteousness also, and sanctification, and redemption,

Php 3:9 not having my righteousness, which is of law, but that which is through faith of Christ--the righteousness that is of God by the faith,

It is this righteousness (Christ's righteousness) imputed to us that exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees. Those who are justified (declared righteous) are righteous in the name of Jesus, not by their works or anything they do:

1Co 6:11 And certain of you were these! but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were declared righteous, in the name of the Lord Jesus, and in the Spirit of our God.
So, according to your doctrine, and for the record, are people redeemed and made righteous through the faith in Jesus' name even though they may continue to be fornicators, adulterers, liars, thieves, alcoholics, drug abusers, smokers, back-biters and so forth? Is this your definition of Christ's righteousness being imputed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity