Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: how do you view this passage?
saves ALL people without exception 14 37.84%
offeres salvation to all 21 56.76%
something else 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You keep saying this in your mistaken belief that ancient OT scriptures are God's Word . . . instead of Jesus Christ. This is a major mistake. So either support the bold statement with Christ's Word or stop saying it.
Christ said it.

Matthew 7-21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness."

Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If you truly longed for God you would long for his word for God is his Word. We know His love through His word.
And His Word is Jesus Christ . . . not ancient OT scriptures.
Quote:
You have made the feelings in yourself your god. You don't even accept the word as God so you will be stuck in your feelings and not in what Christ said. HIS WORD which lives and is the true bread of life ,peace and understanding.
Your belief that the scriptures are God is blasphemous idolatry! The ONLY Word of God is Jesus Christ. Stop pretending you are God and judging people. You lie about sparrow (and so many others here). There will be a price for that, Taratova. Love cannot exist without God and His Word is Jesus Christ. All who "love God and each other" are born of God.
Quote:
How do you minister to those who are in dire trouble? Do you float around in your own self fulfillment without any burden for those who are lost? Are you concious of those who need Jesus ? Or do you say,they are all saved and me too. Oh how blissful!
The hateful and fear-ridden message you carry is NOT God-given and I would not want you ministering to anyone I love.
Quote:
This is not Christ's message to us. Christ said to seek and save that which is lost. Do you deny that we have a calling to seek and save them here ?
Christ came to save the lost and He did! It is our job to build on His foundation. God calls . . . and He needs no help from us. He certainly does not require us mere humans to force or badger or in any other way try to impose God's will on anyone. God is not impotent!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What is worse is that you abandon your responsibility to discern between good and evil and blindly accept what our ignorant ancient ancestors believed without sincerely using what God has "written in our hearts." Mindless robotic adherence to words "written in ink" does not edify or elevate our souls . . . it stagnates them at the level of primitive savages.
I am thoroughly familiar with the passages you distort for your own purposes. Jesus IS the ONLY Word of God and NOWHERE does Jesus say "either you accept the full scriptures." He talks about ACTS not scriptures when he says " Depart from me . . . I never knew you ."

No one disputes God's sovereignty . . . but Christ has revealed what Love is and God IS Love. From 1 Cor 13 we can discern what a loving God would or would not do. It is called spiritually maturing and exercising sound judgment to properly divide the scriptures. Our ignorant savage ancestors (pre-Christ) had no such guidance. We do not disagree about Jesus . . . just the anti-Christ beliefs you hold about God.We do not cast off God's Word . . .we embrace it fully . . . unlike you who corrupt Christ's message. You incorrectly identify God-inspired scriptures with God's Word who is Jesus Christ, period.Follow your own advice . . . either follow God's Word Jesus Christ or follow the OT descriptions of Jehovah . . . they are complete opposites. I choose Christ.

Christ and God are the same. The God in the old testament is God. Like it or not. The Christ in the new testament is our new covenant with God through Christ. You degrade the God who was working with fallen man and the law. It was the history of God and man in the fallen state . SINFUL MAN WAS UNDER THE LAW. IT WAS THE LAW OF GOD WHICH IS RIGHTEOUSNESS. MAN FOLLOWED SATAN AND GOD SEND HIS SON TO REDEEM MANKIND.

If you deny the God of the old testament you are denying Christ too for that God made the way for us to know Christ .You cannot deny the root of Christ nor the law or fallen man . Yet you say it is not the true God. I say it is! Plus your words on Christ do not make any sense at all.

So you say the God inspired scriptures are not Christ. They were all inspired and penned through the HOLY GHOST.
The word HOLY is on the Bible for a reason.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Yeah...I know what you mean...some think it is a little too "New Agey" even though it is exactly the same in terms of the carnal man or the old man. I personally don't get hung up on words but try to make what I say applicable to EVERYONE whether they be believers or not.
Understood. I just feel that it doesn't hurt to speak in terms that are familiar to the majority of the people who are probably participating in a conversation because they MAY get hung up on certain words.

Quote:
That's only because the "baptism" has to be done from WITHIN by dying to self (carnal man/old man/egoic self)...washing on the outside doesn't make one clean on the inside.
I don't disagree that "washing" the outside isn't the goal or effective in changing the inside. I just also believe that the inside "washing" doesn't change us in an instant (thus the problem of the floaty dead guy).

Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Understood. I just feel that it doesn't hurt to speak in terms that are familiar to the majority of the people who are probably participating in a conversation because they MAY get hung up on certain words.

I don't disagree that "washing" the outside isn't the goal or effective in changing the inside. I just also believe that the inside "washing" doesn't change us in an instant (thus the problem of the floaty dead guy).
You are correct "the renewing of the mind" is a long and sometimes painful process which requires a great deal of patience and perseverance...but it is well worth it my friend. Seek first the Kingdom and all else will be added to you.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Christ and God are the same. The God in the old testament is God. Like it or not. The Christ in the new testament is our new covenant with God through Christ. You degrade the God who was working with fallen man and the law. It was the history of God and man in the fallen state . SINFUL MAN WAS UNDER THE LAW. IT WAS THE LAW OF GOD WHICH IS RIGHTEOUSNESS. MAN FOLLOWED SATAN AND GOD SEND HIS SON TO REDEEM MANKIND.

If you deny the God of the old testament you are denying Christ too for that God made the way for us to know Christ .You cannot deny the root of Christ nor the law or fallen man . Yet you say it is not the true God. I say it is! Plus your words on Christ do not make any sense at all.

So you say the God inspired scriptures are not Christ. They were all inspired and penned through the HOLY GHOST.
The word HOLY is on the Bible for a reason.
They want you to believe that Jesus talks directly to them, and they relay the message to others, and that message overrides whatever the Bible says. If their message was in sync with the Bible, it could be believable, but since it contradicts the scriptures, it is hard to believe it. I mean, do they really want people to to abandon the Bible and believe "Mystic" instead?

I wish they understood this problem, but they don't see it, and they get angry when people do not believe them.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-06-2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
What other verses sound like 1 Timothy 4:10.......

John 3:15
that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life

John 6:47
I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Acts 13:39
Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

Romans 10:4
Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes
  • No where does it say all will believe (eventually)
1 John 5:1
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God
  • No where does say all are children of God
To claim that "all" are saved in 1 Timothy 4:10 is wanton belief based on discarding the larger truth.

To claim "all" because of Isaiah 45:23 or Romans 14:11 is wanton distortion of the purpose why every knee is bowing
(based on all scriptures being the truth)

Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM

672 posts, read 665,462 times
sciot:

Quote:
That is your perrogative to believe that what I have faith in is false.
Yes, its in direct opposition to scripture.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM

672 posts, read 665,462 times
plain:

Quote:
You're a universalist,
No I am not, thats your label of me, and unjustly at that.

You avoided my question as well :

Let me ask you, The Saviour you are referring to, does He actually save the world He came to save ? Secondly, is that world all humanity without exception ?

The Saviour I worship, He saved The world of His elect, which did not include all men without exception.

There was a world that God sent Christ to save which is saved Jn 3:17

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

This world He gives Life [spiritual] unto as per John 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life [Spiritual] unto the world.

He is talking about the world of His Sheep John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they[Sheep] might have life, and that they [His Sheep] might have it more abundantly.

But then there is a world, that Christ does not Pray for John 17:9

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

And this world is condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Now, if you are an honorable person, you will admit that you have made a rash Judgment concerning me and what I believe.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
To claim that "all" are saved in 1 Timothy 4:10 is wanton belief based on discarding the larger truth.

Philippians says that all will confess Jesus as Lord which is believing in Jesus as Lord, which is "whosoever" in John 3:!6.

So, while true that 1 Timothy 4:!0 all by itself does not necessarily mean that, we can see from scripture that it is entirely plausible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity