Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:03 PM

223 posts, read 269,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
I've already seen the wiki and seen youtube too. He was very sick, that's why i started this thread. But we are all on equal basis before we repent...since we are all headed to hell by default.
Proof-positive you do not worship a "just and merciful" God.

You worship a sadist. You lift your hands to the air and put money in a collection plate in honor of a bi-polar sadist.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 PM

334 posts, read 488,547 times
Orenative,

You said you know the Bible. Let me introduce you to a well known verse-all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. In other words, all are going to hell by default. Evverything else you say is your biased opinions.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Orenative,

You said you know the Bible. Let me introduce you to a well known verse-all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. In other words, all are going to hell by default. Evverything else you say is your biased opinions.
And the verse you quoted (along with all verses in the bible) are the "biased opinion" (or perhaps deliberate attempt at deception) of desert-dwellers 2,000 years ago who would've mistaken running water for black magic.

But you keep running with that ball, OJ.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:11 AM

334 posts, read 488,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
And the verse you quoted (along with all verses in the bible) are the "biased opinion" (or perhaps deliberate attempt at deception) of desert-dwellers 2,000 years ago who would've mistaken running water for black magic.

But you keep running with that ball, OJ.
that is very naive...

Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,614,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
What makes you think it was their fault?
Even if it was not their fault it's not unusual for parents to blame themselves in these cases. I seem to remember Dahmer's father discussing his own violent adolescent fantasies and fearing that somehow was inherited, plus exaggerated and acted on, by his son. As I recall Jeffrey told his Dad not to blame himself, which I guess was a glimmering of humanity in the man.

Although looking it up I guess Dahmer was listed as a sex-offender in 1988. He had already killed some people, though the law didn't know it, but it sounds like a majority or sizable minority of his killings were after that. So possibly if he lived now he would've been watched more after his arrest for sex-crimes with a thirteen-year-old.

Quote:
I think the Romans had something like running water. Also it's irrelevant anyway unless we're talking about what the Bible says about plumbing.

Many atheists seem to suffer from this kind of "chronological/novelty" fallacy. Atheists like to point out that something being traditional doesn't mean it's true, but even granting that something being old or traditional doesn't mean it's false. The square-root of 2 being irrational was discovered by "people who believed thunder came from Zeus and illness from imbalances in the humors." Sunspots were first discovered by people, the Chinese, who then believed you needed to time copulation by astrology so you would conceive a good son. Newton believed in alchemy and lived in an age without toilets. So what?

Last edited by Thomas R.; 07-31-2011 at 01:16 AM..

Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
0the Romans had something like running water. Also it's irrelevant anyway unless we're talking about what the Bible says about plumbing.

Many atheists seem to suffer from this kind of "chronological/novelty" fallacy. Atheists like to point out that something being traditional doesn't mean it's true, but even granting that something being old or traditional doesn't mean it's false. The square-root of 2 being irrational was discovered by "people who believed thunder came from Zeus and illness from imbalances in the humors." Sunspots were first discovered by people, the Chinese, who then believed you needed to time copulation by astrology so you would conceive a good son. Newton believed in alchemy and lived in an age without toilets. So what?
People who believed the sun revolved around the earth were throwing out a wild guess about the origin of the universe, and you don't see a problem with this? How can you say one word to atheists? How can you even attempt to lecture me with references to historical perspective?

The plumbing reference was not meant to be taken literally. It was an illustration. But if you like, I can discuss the innumerable discoveries in biology since 2,000 BC and how they've rendered the bible a historical farce.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
that is very naive...
You believe the son of a space god descended from earth on a suicide mission to save people from "sin", then was murdered and resurrected 3 days later. Yet I'm "naive"?

Old 07-31-2011, 11:26 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,649,909 times
Quote:
Proof-positive you do not worship a "just and merciful" God.

You worship a sadist. You lift your hands to the air and put money in a collection plate in honor of a bi-polar sadist.
Oh yes, many of us DO worship a just and merciful God, and then there are those who worship a sadist. But try not to hold that against the ETer's because they have all been conditioned to believe a total lie about God handed down through many generations now and it's going to take a lot of miracles to break down that system. But there's always hope.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Oh yes, many of us DO worship a just and merciful God, and then there are those who worship a sadist. But try not to hold that against the ETer's because they have all been conditioned to believe a total lie about God handed down through many generations now and it's going to take a lot of miracles to break down that system. But there's always hope.
Either way, you all worship something that does not exist. Biggest waste of time and energy in the history of human existence.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,649,909 times
Quote:
Either way, you all worship something that does not exist. Biggest waste of time and energy in the history of human existence.
Oh God very much exists, you just haven't experienced Him yet. When you do, (and you will) you will see and understand what we've all been talking about and believing in that you think is so silly and unbelievable. But until God draws you to him you are unable to believe and I understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity