Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM

334 posts, read 489,412 times

Advertisements

the parents are somewhat responsible...but I am sure they are fine now, plus their son accepted Christ and what greater joy can a (christian) parent have. I am sure they have sadness..

Old 07-30-2011, 01:38 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,133,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
That is your opinion. We may do evil things but the action is not the person as it is merely a reflection of that person. Even evil people are Love because Love is who we are. They just don't know it yet.
I apologize if I was rude.

I may not understand your UR way of thinking, but I have no right to verbally abuse you or to condescend.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,044,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
I apologize if I was rude.

I may not understand your UR way of thinking, but I have no right to verbally abuse you or to condescend.
No worries. I didn't take it personally. This is a forum and people tend to get a little edgy at times. All is well.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:41 PM

I believe we will see Dahmer in heaven, if he was sincere. So christians who are tearing him up...realize he may be in heaven even now...no one is better than anyone else it's humbling to all of us to come to grips.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
I believe we will see Dahmer in heaven, if he was sincere. So christians who are tearing him up...realize he may be in heaven even now...no one is better than anyone else it's humbling to all of us to come to grips.
The problem I have with that line of thinking is that in the bible Jesus said we will all "pay to the last farthing". IF He died for us, why would He say that knowing that His death covered all sins? It doesn't make sense to me. He also said we would reap what we sow. If Dahmer didn't reap anything while here, surely he would reap it all in the spirit world before entrance into heaven.

I believe that even if we professed Jesus as lord and savior that we will still have to reap what we have sown. It doesn't automatically erase evey evil act we did because we would need to overcome those tendencies. Professing in Jesus is only professing in Jesus. It doesn't erase anything.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
The problem I have with that line of thinking is that in the bible Jesus said we will all "pay to the last farthing". IF He died for us, why would He say that knowing that His death covered all sins? It doesn't make sense to me. He also said we would reap what we sow. If Dahmer didn't reap anything while here, surely he would reap it all in the spirit world before entrance into heaven.

I believe that even if we professed Jesus as lord and savior that we will still have to reap what we have sown. It doesn't automatically erase evey evil act we did because we would need to overcome those tendencies. Professing in Jesus is only professing in Jesus. It doesn't erase anything.
the thief on the cross...Jesus told him he will enter to heaven.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:53 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,463,845 times
Quote:

This! This is what I see as a major failing of traditional Christian doctrines. They don't really address that in order for people to truly be free the tendencies towards beliefs and actions that are harmful (unloving) to ourselves and each other need to be overcome, not just "covered".

Old 07-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose111 View Post
the thief on the cross...Jesus told him he will enter to heaven.
From the messages from Jesus, He didn't tell them anything.

"And while it is true that there were two others who were crucified with me, one on each side, yet they did no talking to me, and neither did one mock me, nor did the other seek any pardon from me or seek the Kingdom of God from me, nor did I tell him that that night he would be in Paradise with me. For it is obvious that I had no authority to forgive sin as it is stated in various passages of the New Testament, and the only way for man to achieve forgiveness of sins is through the obtaining of the Divine Love or through purification of the natural love, a long and tedious process that fits the individual soul for a place in the Sixth Sphere."

Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,977,257 times
That was one sick puppy:

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM

I've already seen the wiki and seen youtube too. He was very sick, that's why i started this thread. But we are all on equal basis before we repent...since we are all headed to hell by default.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity