Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 10:25 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,535 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by rodgertutt
From my UR point of view, within the wise counsel of His decretive will, which is that which MUST occur, God does want people to get involved in sinning, otherwise He simply wouldn't let them.

As a UR, I believe that God will eventually fit every individual into His master plan in a positive way that necessitates their unique temporary involvement in evil and suffering that will enable God to manifest, and glorify, and magnify the many facets of His character in a way that uniquely involves that person, and everyone else involved in that person’s life too.

As a UR, I also believe that God has the desire, and the ability, and the determination to save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will, and, sooner or later, He will not fail to do so.

And as a theistic fatalist UR, I believe that everyting HAS to happen the way that it does, including all of our attempts to assist, or prevent it from happening.

Since we always, without exception, choose (after due deliberation, or not) what our combined reasonings and feelings convince us is the choice that we prefer the MOST, it is not even possible that we could have chosen any differently than we did choose at that particular point in time.

Theologically that is called God's decretive will, or, that which MUST occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Or Calvinistic Universal Reconciliation...
Yes, I think that is quite a good way to describe what I believe!

God's grace 100%, plus nothing.

Any cooperation is the result, not the cause of God laying hold on us by His sovereign grace and making Jesus "choice" in our heart, just like He did for Lydia, and Saul of Tarsus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,068,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To win your brother over to life,peace and happiness.Like I said if eternal hell is real, I know a Good Shepherd that would go the distance to save all from it.
So, what you are saying is that if a person lives life, peace and happiness that that person will go to heaven....

Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The doctrine of ET positively drips with sadism and vengeance. It has inspired more hateful religious bigotry than any other doctrine.

Dig deeper than what centuries of supposedly 'inspired' theological thinking says about the matter.
Uh-huh...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
So, what you are saying is that if a person lives life, peace and happiness that that person will go to heaven....
If they follow what Christ commanded . . . to "Love God and each other" . . . they are golden!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,540,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If they follow what Christ commanded . . . to "Love God and each other" . . . they are golden!
Amen!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:03 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Yes because Jesus Christ said that he came that we might have life and life more abundantly, and this my friend is life and peace.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know a lot of people that do that and do not believe in Christ....

Old 10-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes because Jesus Christ said that he came that we might have life and life more abundantly, and this my friend is life and peace.
And what of believing on the only begotten Son?...I seem to remember that being part of it....

Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,410,535 times
Exclamation God's grace can never be defeated

Quote:
And what of believing on the only begotten Son?...I seem to remember that being part of it....
Sooner or later everyone will believe on God's only begotten Son and will be saved, just as surely as Lydia, and Saul of Tarsus did when God laid hold on them by His sovereign grace and caused Jesus to be "choice" in their heart.

We know this because "God will have all men to be saved."

It's a matter of God's timing for each individual.

God's grace can temporarily be resisted to teach lessons.
But God's grace can never be defeated.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Exactly the one who came that we might have life and life more abundantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity