Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
From a UR point of view, within the wise counsel of His decretive will, which is that which MUST occur, God does want people to get involved in sinning, otherwise He simply wouldn't let them.

As a UR, I believe that God will eventually fit every individual into His master plan in a positive way that necessitates their unique temporary involvement in evil and suffering that will enable God to manifest, and glorify, and magnify the many facets of His character in a way that uniquely involves that person, and everyone else involved in that person’s life too.

As a UR, I also believe that God has the desire, and the ability, and the determination to save all fallen creatures from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will, and, sooner or later, He will not fail to do so.

And as a theistic fatalist UR, I believe that everyting HAS to happen the way that it does, including all of our attempts to assist, or prevent it from happening.

Since we always, without exception, choose (after due deliberation, or not) what our combined reasonings and feelings convince us is the choice that we prefer the MOST, it is not even possible that we could have chosen any differently than we did choose at that particular point in time.

Theologically that is called God's decretive will, or, that which MUST occur.
Or Calvinistic Universal Reconciliation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:21 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is easy for Nitschke to say that, it is another thing for him to do it...
Doesn't change the sentiment of what he said though Richard, Jesus taught us to go the extra mile to win our brother,if the hell you believe in is as real as you say,how many more miles do we go to win our brother from ending up there?. I know for sure how many miles the Good Shepherd would go.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:55 PM

11,298 posts, read 11,064,633 times
I believe that our God is a just God who hates wickedness.

I also believe that He is a loving God who desires that all are with Him in the end.

It seems as though the UR and ET camps are are a pure impass, and no one will know until they die what the truth really is.

So, with that being said, I have a question for the ET crowd.

Why does our loving God not give EVERY human being alive a brief, yet extremely vivid, glimpse of both Heaven and Hell so every man and woman can see the truth, without resorting to blind faith? And, if even after this they still reject Him, then and only then, their fate is sealed after death.

Surely this merciful gesture is within God's power to grant us, right? After all, we're talking about eternity here. I would surely like to believe that a loving God would want every man and woman to truly know what awaits them with the choice they make while on this earth during the little time that we have here.

Without a simple gesture of love like the one I mentioned above, I just don't see how the doctrine of an eternal Hell can actually be true. And if it really is the way ET'ers say it is, I don't want to spend eternity with such a vengeful creature.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,582,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

I also believe that He is a loving God who desires that all are with Him in the end.

It seems as though the UR and ET camps are are a pure impass, and no one will know until they die what the truth really is.

Why does our loving God not give EVERY human being alive a brief, yet extremely vivid, glimpse of both Heaven and Hell so every man and woman can see the truth, without resorting to blind faith? And, if even after this they still reject Him, then and only then, their fate is sealed after death.

Surely this merciful gesture is within God's power to grant us, right? After all, we're talking about eternity here. I would surely like to believe that a loving God would want every man and woman to truly know what awaits them with the choice they make while on this earth during the little time that we have here.

Without a simple gesture of love like the one I mentioned above, I just don't see how the doctrine of an eternal Hell can actually be true. And if it really is the way ET'ers say it is, I don't want to spend eternity with such a vengeful creature.
Thought-provoking!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Doesn't change the sentiment of what he said though Richard, Jesus taught us to go the extra mile to win our brother,if the hell you believe in is as real as you say,how many more miles do we go to win our brother from ending up there?. I know for sure how many miles the Good Shepherd would go.
So, if E-Hell weren't real then why would Jeshua be adament about one going the extra mile?...

Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,956,089 times
I just like saying it.

"This is the FINAL SHOWDOWN" in the Movie trailer voice.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
And what is wickedness?...

Quote:
Then why would Jeshua state that He was sent only unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel?...

Quote:
It is all in the Scriptures(OT), regarding Hawyaws character and attributes...

Quote:

If it is seen then it is not of Faith...If it be of works then it is not of Grace...

Quote:
It is not of us that the choice is made, but of Hawyaw who is the Caller...'I sought you, you did not seek Me', 'I chose you, you did not choose Me'...

Quote:
Once you allow Hawyaw to form you in His image, then you will understand what godly character is...There are many gods out there that one may choose from, pehaps the True God is not for you, choose one more to your liking and see what that one can do for you...Form a god in your own image...And then worship it...

Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,636,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I just like saying it.

"This is the FINAL SHOWDOWN" in the Movie trailer voice.
LOL I know, ridiculous isn't it?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, if E-Hell weren't real then why would Jeshua be adament about one going the extra mile?...
To win your brother over to life,peace and happiness.Like I said if eternal hell is real, I know a Good Shepherd that would go the distance to save all from it.

Last edited by pcamps; 10-05-2011 at 10:20 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,135,151 times
The doctrine of ET positively drips with sadism and vengeance. It has inspired more hateful religious bigotry than any other doctrine.

Dig deeper than what centuries of supposedly 'inspired' theological thinking says about the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity