Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:56 AM

154 posts, read 210,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
There is no sin in sacrificing animals to God. But it will not remove sin either. Only Christ's shed blood will reconcile one to God the Father. But that does not mean that you can continue to sin and NOT keep the Commandments, the Spiritual Law of God, either.
I do not promote continuing in sin. How could I when Yeshua said "be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect". I promote obedience to the doctrine of the apostles given to them by Yeshua.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,684,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
This is all good and true but it does not address the issues of what belongs to the OT vs what is of the NT. Those issues have already been made clear by myself and others. Yes all Christians are Jews at heart by being grafted in to the common wealth of Isreal but the New Testament Jew is not under the laws dominion either but under the wealth of blessings by Grace in Christ to love God and our fellow man.

JN 1:17 "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." The Sabbath and Sabbaths are not requirements in Christ but you are free to do so and others are free not to. Spare me and others by using the laws to condemn but rather preach the blessings of Grace in Christ and let Him be the teacher in the "Way" that everyone should go. Or do you not believe that He is able to teach when man gets his mouth out of the way from shouting and coercing others with threats of God will not save unless you keep the Sabbath.
#1. You're wrong that the seventh day Sabbath - the Fourth Commandment, is not a requirement of the children of God to honor in order to have eternal life.

#2. Don't tell me what to preach...thank you.

#3. It is the pure word of the Living God that I teach as mandated by Him to do so...if you feel threatened or your heart feels condemned...it isn't because of me...it is because of THAT Double Edged Sword that pierces your heart each time you hear what I have to say.

#4. The so-called (by you), "issues that you and others have already made clear" come from a veiled perspective of the truth (because of your unbelief) that sets a man TRULY ! free from bondage to sin.

Do not be deceived.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I do not promote continuing in sin. How could I when Yeshua said "be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect". I promote obedience to the doctrine of the apostles given to them by Yeshua.
Respectfully Michael,

If you know you are to keep the Commandments of God (which you do), and you do not REMEMBER to keep the Sabbath holy unto God (which you do as well), and you teach others not to do so as well (which you do), you DO promote continuing in sin...you, yourself, continues to live in sin (willfully I might add)...therefore, you do NOT promote obedience as you falsely proclaim you do...and your doctrine is your own and NOT the Word of God.

I pray God blesses you and shows you His truth some day...and you abide in Him for eternity.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM

855 posts, read 628,903 times
Whenever I eat shrimp or wear cotton-polyester blends, I think of this topic.
(see post
#64)

-

Old 09-10-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Respectfully Michael,

If you know you are to keep the Commandments of God (which you do), and you do not REMEMBER to keep the Sabbath holy unto God (which you do as well), and you teach others not to do so as well (which you do), you DO promote continuing in sin...you, yourself, continues to live in sin (willfully I might add)...therefore, you do NOT promote obedience as you falsely proclaim you do...and your doctrine is your own and NOT the Word of God.

I pray God blesses you and shows you His truth some day...and you abide in Him for eternity.
I am under the New Covenant wherein is not found one single verse that backs your position. There are several lists of sins (works of flesh) listed in the New Covenant scriptures. I challenge you now to look at them without your Mosaic glasses on and then show me ONE time sabbath breaking is mentioned as a sin. If you can I will gladly start keeping sabbath.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
I am under the New Covenant wherein is not found one single verse that backs your position. There are several lists of sins (works of flesh) listed in the New Covenant scriptures. I challenge you now to look at them without your Mosaic glasses on and then show me ONE time sabbath breaking is mentioned as a sin. If you can I will gladly start keeping sabbath.
O.K. There is a verse in Scripture, in Deuteronomy, the 8th chapter, verses 2 & 3, it states:

"That man doth not live by bread only, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

...and "EVERY WORD" includes His Ten Commandments...literally written by the Finger of God upon two tablets of stone then...and are now written upon the hearts of those who DO them today. The same Commandments today as they were then...the only difference is where they are engraved. The Ten Commandments include the Fourth one, where God specifically states that we should, "REMEMBER..." that we should never forget about. Why do you think He said to "REMEMBER" it...maybe because He knew in all of His divine wisdom that it would be forgotten...? You think ? I do...and Scripture totally backs me up Michael...the problem is, is that because of your unbelief in EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD, your spiritual eyes have been blinded to the truth.....you could change that you know...you have the power...you are the only one who can "choose"...choose love Michael...choose life Michael...abide in His love...

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and I abide in his love.” John 15:10.

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands.

1 John 2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

This is a test...and before you will receive the crown of life, you must pass this test....EVERY WORD Michael...EVERY SINGLE WORD.

I pray for your salvation Michael...because I know you ARE a faithful seeker of Christ...and He knows that about you too. Do not be deceived...and do not allow pride to prevent you from coming to know Him.

...may God Bless you mightily.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
O.K. There is a verse in Scripture, in Deuteronomy, the 8th chapter, verses 2 & 3, it states:

"That man doth not live by bread only, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."

...and "EVERY WORD" includes His Ten Commandments...literally written by the Finger of God upon two tablets of stone then...and are now written upon the hearts of those who DO them today. The same Commandments today as they were then...the only difference is where they are engraved. The Ten Commandments include the Fourth one, where God specifically states that we should, "REMEMBER..." that we should never forget about. Why do you think He said to "REMEMBER" it...maybe because He knew in all of His divine wisdom that it would be forgotten...? You think ? I do...and Scripture totally backs me up Michael...the problem is, is that because of your unbelief in EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD, your spiritual eyes have been blinded to the truth.....you could change that you know...you have the power...you are the only one who can "choose"...choose love Michael...choose life Michael...abide in His love...

“If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and I abide in his love.” John 15:10.

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

This is a test...and before you will receive the crown of life, you must pass this test....EVERY WORD Michael...EVERY SINGLE WORD.

I pray for your salvation Michael...because I know you ARE a faithful seeker of Christ...and He knows that about you too. Do not be deceived...and do not allow pride to prevent you from coming to know Him.

Thanks for the blessing and I pray them on you also. As I knew you cannot give me any scripture in the New Covenant that shows its wrong to not keep sabbath. I have studied the word for decades and gave the same opportunity to others.

You are not rightly dividing the word of truth. There is an old covenant there is a new covenant. Seriously. If I want to prove fornicating is a sin I can go to the various lists and demonstrate. Likwise other things that stop us from entering the kingdom. But never sabbath-breaking. If it were you would post it.

When Moses said keep every word they were definitey supposed to be circumcising amen? Since that is one of the every words that he gave do you believe we must circumsize? There are many other words Moses gave.

Stone adulterers. Fornicators and gays. Rebellious kids. Will you be lost if you do not obey "every word" concerning all the other commands of Moses?

All part of the every word. Yeshua was not wrong obviously. He was made of a woman made under the law.

Sabbath keepers always assume "commandments" to be those of Moses. Yeshua is the mediator of a new covenant.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:20 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,468,118 times
Quote:

As is typical, you were asked to show one instance from the NT where Sabbath-breaking is called out specifically as a sin, and you come up with an OT passage (fail), and one that just generically refers to "commandments."

What you should have said if you were honest is, "I can't... but here's the inference I make:" at which point we can argue it's a bad inference.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
'...I knew you cannot give me any scripture in the New Covenant that shows its wrong to not keep sabbath. I have studied the word for decades and gave the same opportunity to others...

...You are not rightly dividing the word of truth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
As is typical, you were asked to show one instance from the NT where Sabbath-breaking is called out specifically as a sin, and you come up with an OT passage (fail), and one that just generically refers to "commandments."

What you should have said if you were honest is, "I can't... but here's the inference I make:" at which point we can argue it's a bad inference.
You both are as wrong as you could ever be!

There is absolutely Scripture that states: IT IS A SIN NOT TO REMEMBER AND TO KEEP THE SABBATH HOLY. It is the Fourth Commandment, correct ? YES! It is 1/10th of the Law of God, coirrect ? YES!

Therefore ! ...

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

...and neither one of you will enter into eternal life if you die in your sin...for sin will not enter into heaven...no way no how.

"Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:19.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:08 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,552,889 times
Quote:
You both are as wrong as you could ever be!

There is absolutely Scripture that states: IT IS A SIN NOT TO REMEMBER AND TO KEEP THE SABBATH HOLY. It is the Fourth Commandment, correct ? YES! It is 1/10th of the Law of God, coirrect ? YES!

Therefore ! ...

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

...and neither one of you will enter into eternal life if you die in your sin...for sin will not enter into heaven...no way no how.

"Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:19.
On a scale of 1 to 10 the Sabbath would be the least. A day of rest does not compare to murder or stealing one's liveing or breaking up whole families by commiting adultery. According to Jesus they who break the least of His commandments would still be in the Kingdom and not in hell as you imply. It is as Jesus said "You ommit the weighter matters of the law which is righteous judgement and mercy" because you have no clue.

Joseph was called righteous because He did not have Mary the mother of Jesus stoned but rather was willing to end the relationship privately. You saw what the extremist Muslims do when handling the law. They show no mercy because they have no righteous judgement. Besides all this because it is only an exercise in reason, there is no command to keep the Sabbath today.

Last edited by garya123; 09-11-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity