Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,266,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
None at all. Never has lobster or any other unclean food touched my lips, and I pray that I continue to follow the Word of God.
If you follow the food guidance of the Old Testament you will be healthier, but we are allowed to eat anything now. We are freed from the law. "All things are allowed, but not all things are beneficial." There are many more sins than are detailed in the law. We are to avoid sinning, resist temptation, flee from evil, but we are not to be legalistic. We are free indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM

173 posts, read 136,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
No one is trying to "shake your faith in God" WK. He IS Faithful, to be sure, to carry out His every word...His every word...something you fail to understand in the light of truth. He can be counted on to bring forth His every word...He isn't the problem here...your pride and unbelief in His every word of THE GOSPEL OF GRACE prohibits you from being able to see past your own nose all the parts of Scripture that clearly teaches us that we...if we are to become a member of His family...spiritual Israel...a born again...repentive, son of God...who will inherit eternal life and ALL that goes with that within His Kingdom...requires much from you than simply professing your belief...to be sure.

You do not have all the answers sir...as much as you think you do...you are mistaken on so many levels and you go around here speaking as if you've got it all tied up in a nice little bow...but you do not. You do not know the depth of His grace and what all that entails sir...please don't wait too long to discover that.
I am sure your feel your right. But it is you who are wrong here. I am called of God and know for a certainty that you have been mislead by someone and have the true gospel confused and mixed up with the law. I am sorry to have to be so blunt but I will not lie to you. I must do as God has called me. The church is not "spiritual Israel". That's a man made doctrine and not of God. l know this for a fact. You really need to open your eyes and heart to God and His word as a whole and learn the truth. I am praying for you and I know God is willing when you are.

God bless.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,390,994 times
Hi everyone! Guess what! I owe you nothing but to love y'all! (romans 13:8). As much as I'd like to follow the entire Torah law, I don't think my brother would find it very loving if I told him I would be sure to give him an heir through his wife if he died without one...do I really need more examples?.. GENTILE CHRISTIANS OF THE 21ST CENTURY..REPRESENT'IN! lol

Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 AM

154 posts, read 210,958 times
Some say God was only talking about doing away with what they call "ceremonial" law.

Quote:
The law that was added because of transgressions was the ceremonial ritualistic law of Moses. It was a reminder of sin or rituals that pictured God's Holy Spirit and they did not define what sin actually is.

Jeremiah 7:
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

These were added after the Old Covenant was ratified. This ceremonial part of the Law of Moses is what Paul is speaking against.
Explain why James had Paul DO the ceremonial law and why Paul went along with it.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take , and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly , and keepest the law. 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe , we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them Acts 21:23-26

Does this mean that the JEWS were still under the ceremonial law? Explain. James was saying by performing the ceremonial law Paul would be still proving he kept THE LAW.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Some say God was only talking about doing away with what they call "ceremonial" law.

Explain why James had Paul DO the ceremonial law and why Paul went along with it.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them; 24 Them take , and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly , and keepest the law. 25 As touching the Gentiles which believe , we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication. 26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them Acts 21:23-26

Does this mean that the JEWS were still under the ceremonial law? Explain. James was saying by performing the ceremonial law Paul would be still proving he kept THE LAW.

If it was the "Ceremonial law" then when speaking about what was required of the Gentiles does it mention only food items and fornication? Not on mention of anything ceremonial about the Gentiles!

Old 09-06-2012, 04:56 AM

951 posts, read 1,057,363 times
Quote:

The Spiritual Law has not been done away with.

Read this for a good explanation:

http://godslawtoday.com/sitebuilderc...derfiles/3.pdf

Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM

154 posts, read 210,958 times
Quote:

I guess the Law People dont want to go there.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The Spiritual Law has not been done away with.

Read this for a good explanation:

http://godslawtoday.com/sitebuilderc...derfiles/3.pdf
Same ole, same ole! It's called "Horse Poo" in the greek! Got anything that has not been dis-proven a million times already? Of course not.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 PM

951 posts, read 1,057,363 times
Quote:
I guess the Law People dont want to go there.
There is no sin in sacrificing animals to God. But it will not remove sin either. Only Christ's shed blood will reconcile one to God the Father. But that does not mean that you can continue to sin and NOT keep the Commandments, the Spiritual Law of God, either.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:33 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,553,048 times
Quote:

1COR 9:2022 "And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some."

Paul preached Christ as the foundation of salvation and took his time to build thereon. In due time those parts of the law such as food, cerimonial, and Sabbaths laws would fall away. And self effort to love God and your fellow man which are the basics of the commandments would also fall away and be replaced by Christs abilities through Grace to keep those basic commandments more and more.

In due time Paul would explain that the cerimonial law nor the Sabbaths were not needed. He fed them milk to begin with because they were babes but as their confidence grew in him by the Spirit, he fed them meat. Paul was a very smart man who had much patience rather then an in your face type person who demands change immediately. Even Jesus said to His own,
JN 16:12-13 "I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come."

Jesus set the standard for patience toward us in learning the full measure of Truth.

Last edited by garya123; 09-07-2012 at 03:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity