Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM

173 posts, read 135,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...oops...you're right about the topic of this thread.

Does Scripture about the wild olive branch (Spiritual Israel) grafted into the Olive Tree (Natural Born Israel) ring a bell ? It's a fantastic read...you should try it out !
Well before we move to that let's get your answer about the first question. Do you admit that the 10 commandments were given to Israel alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 01:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
Well before we move to that let's get your answer about the first question. Do you admit that the 10 commandments were given to Israel alone?
You have never heard me say anything to the contrary.

They were given for Israel then, and they are given for Israel now... the only difference is they were written upon 2 tablets of stone then, and they are now written upon the heart of His family, Israel, now ... of which I am a member ... called Spiritual Israel. Jesus Christ is my brother ... He is the First-Born of the children of God ... of which I am one .

Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:
...oops...you're right about the topic of this thread.

Does Scripture about the wild olive branch (Spiritual Israel) grafted into the Olive Tree (Natural Born Israel) ring a bell ? It's a fantastic read...you should try it out !
That means that the Gentles are grafted into the New Covenant of Eternal Life in Christ not the Old Covenant of a seemingly endless list of laws and Sabbaths.

As Paul says, he preached:
1COR 9:21 "To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

The Gentles did not observe Sabbath and neither did Paul ["as without law"] when among them. His purpose was teach them that the Grace of God through Christ would curb ungodly lusts. He was among them with the law of Christ and gained much traction for the Gospel because he did not lie, steal or commit fornication or adultery. He showed mercy and good judgment which are "the weighter matters of the law" and most of all he spoke like an Angel and all could see. He let his light shine!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
That means that the Gentles are grafted into the New Covenant of Eternal Life in Christ not the Old Covenant of a seemingly endless list of laws and Sabbaths.

As Paul says, he preached:
1COR 9:21 "To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law."

The Gentles did not observe Sabbath and neither did Paul ["as without law"] when among them. His purpose was teach them that the Grace of God through Christ would curb ungodly lusts. He was among them with the law of Christ and gained much traction for the Gospel because he did not lie, steal or commit fornication or adultery. He showed mercy and good judgment which are "the weighter matters of the law" and most of all he spoke like an Angel and all could see. He let his light shine!
You are wrong.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,828 times
Quote:
You are wrong.
Wow, what a rebuttal. And, no, he's exactly right.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Wow, what a rebuttal. And, no, he's exactly right.
You're wrong too.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Dennis View Post
I cannot find "Spiritual Israel" in my bible. Can someone show me where that comes from?
Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Ephesians 2:19. Therefore, you are not strangers, neither guests, but inhabitants of the city of The Holy One and children of the household of God.

Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Ephesians 2:11 Because of this, be mindful that you Gentiles from the first were of the flesh, and that you were called uncircumcision by that which is called circumcision and is a work of the hands in the flesh.

Romans 2:26 If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised?

Romans 2:27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

Romans 2:28 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

Romans 11:17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his creatures who are created in Yeshua The Messiah for good works, those things which God had from the first prepared that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,
Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
Ephesians 2:13 But now you are in Yeshua The Messiah, when from the first you were distant, and you have come near by the blood of The Messiah.

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness

Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

In love...from a child of the family...a true brethren...of the household...grafted into the Israel...of The Living God,
Verna.

My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, AND DO IT." Luke 8:20-21

The heathen and disobedient Christians are NOT Christ’s Brethren.

....call me what you will...but I go by the name He has given to me.

AWESOME ISN'T IT ! The word of God ! \o/ Hallelujah !

Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

24 posts, read 27,568 times
Quote:
Ephesians 2:19. Therefore, you are not strangers, neither guests, but inhabitants of the city of The Holy One and children of the household of God.

Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Ephesians 2:11 Because of this, be mindful that you Gentiles from the first were of the flesh, and that you were called uncircumcision by that which is called circumcision and is a work of the hands in the flesh.

Romans 2:26 If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised?

Romans 2:27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

Romans 2:28 A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.

Romans 11:17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his creatures who are created in Yeshua The Messiah for good works, those things which God had from the first prepared that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,
Ephesians 2:12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
Ephesians 2:13 But now you are in Yeshua The Messiah, when from the first you were distant, and you have come near by the blood of The Messiah.

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Ephesians 4:24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness

Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

In love...from a child of the family...a true brethren...of the household...grafted into the Israel...of The Living God,
Verna.

My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, AND DO IT." Luke 8:20-21

I love the word of God but I never say "spiritual Israel" in any that you posted.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Michaels View Post
I love the word of God but I never say "spiritual Israel" in any that you posted.
...well...this is something you're going to have to work out for yourself...your own salvation...with fear and trembling...then God will give you understanding.

...by the way...would you please clean up your post from all the [sizes] ...thank you.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:25 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:

Verna.

This is all good and true but it does not address the issues of what belongs to the OT vs what is of the NT. Those issues have already been made clear by myself and others. Yes all Christians are Jews at heart by being grafted in to the common wealth of Isreal but the New Testament Jew is not under the laws dominion either but under the wealth of blessings by Grace in Christ to love God and our fellow man.

JN 1:17 "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." The Sabbath and Sabbaths are not requirements in Christ but you are free to do so and others are free not to. Spare me and others by using the laws to condemn but rather preach the blessings of Grace in Christ and let Him be the teacher in the "Way" that everyone should go. Or do you not believe that He is able to teach when man gets his mouth out of the way from shouting and coercing others with threats of God will not save unless you keep the Sabbath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity