Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 PM

154 posts, read 210,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
As is typical, you were asked to show one instance from the NT where Sabbath-breaking is called out specifically as a sin, and you come up with an OT passage (fail), and one that just generically refers to "commandments."

What you should have said if you were honest is, "I can't... but here's the inference I make:" at which point we can argue it's a bad inference.
Exactly. If there was such a thing I would for sure be keeping it. Sabbath people see the word COMMANDMENTS and all they percieve is the sabbath. Broad brush? Yea but it is a good GENERALIZATION.

Circumsicion was more weighty in the law than the sabbath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Taking the seventh day off to relax and be close to God is a great thing. It's just common sense to take a breath. Whether it is a Saturday or a Sunday sabbath...it matters not...why I don't even brush my teeth on Sunday...and even skip my bath...I don't do any of the usual human things or duties....cos...one day with myself and my buddy God is what it is all about.
Hmmm this is way different than what I see in scripture. A disciple is to live close to Yeshua every day. Thats a danger Ive noticed among sabbath people. That you can be closer to God one day than another.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
When Moses said keep every word they were definitey supposed to be circumcising amen? Since that is one of the every words that he gave do you believe we must circumsize? There are many other words Moses gave.

Stone adulterers. Fornicators and gays. Rebellious kids. Will you be lost if you do not obey "every word" concerning all the other commands of Moses?

All part of the every word. Yeshua was not wrong obviously. He was made of a woman made under the law.

Sabbath keepers always assume "commandments" to be those of Moses. Yeshua is the mediator of a new covenant.
Hi Verna, I noticed you did not comment on these words I wrote. Does EVERY WORD include these things?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,684,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Hmmm this is way different than what I see in scripture. A disciple is to live close to Yeshua every day. Thats a danger Ive noticed among sabbath people. That you can be closer to God one day than another.
...and do tell...please...what Sabbath Keeper is it that you have heard this from ? This is YOUR OWN false, misguided interpretation of what you have heard from us.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:20 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,684,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Hi Verna, I noticed you did not comment on these words I wrote. Does EVERY WORD include these things?
I give you to God Michael...I lay you at His feet.

Done.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I give you to God Michael...I lay you at His feet.

Done.
I have been there for the last 38 years Nonetheless I appreciate good will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity