Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM

155 posts, read 163,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well good for you.

Just remember that God is telling the Children of Israel that they must keep all of the commandments listed in the book Deuteronomy.

I have to agree. My only beef is that they also want me (and you) to be back under the law. I hope none of them have tatoos or trim their beards. For that matter any Poly-Cotton clothing.

While were at it here are two more commandments (out of the 300 plus in the OT)

Matthew 22: 35-40

But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together. 35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
As stated before these two Commandments show the ten, 1-5 for our Father, 6-10 for our neighbor.

1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6“You shall not murder.
7“You shall not commit adultery.
8“You shall not steal.
9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

"Ibe"

Last edited by IbeWishing; 09-02-2012 at 05:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM

173 posts, read 135,368 times
Mr 5150, Paul had to spend a lot of time trying to correct the damage these people did then and we seem to still be having to deal with them today. Many are on this very forum today. When the scripture is so clear and denounces them so directly yet they choose to ignore the word of God and call it a lie. But scripture told us there would be people like this. Calling the truth a lie and a lie the truth. And here some are among us. Just watch them post away to their own destruction. God forgive them!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I have to agree. My only beef is that they also want me (and you) to be back under the law. I hope none of them have tatoos or trim their beards. For that matter any Poly-Cotton clothing.
Yes, I know, but we must remmeber it is not important what other people Moderator cut: delete want from you. What matters is what God wants from you.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-02-2012 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Leave Armstrong out of it...Please :)

Old 09-02-2012, 06:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
Mr 5150, Paul had to spend a lot of time trying to correct the damage these people did then and we seem to still be having to deal with them today. Many are on this very forum today. When the scripture is so clear and denounces them so directly yet they choose to ignore the word of God and call it a lie. But scripture told us there would be people like this. Calling the truth a lie and a lie the truth. And here some are among us. Just watch them post away to their own destruction. God forgive them!
I don't think their salvation is at stake-as long as their faith rests in the blood of Jesus. But I find it annoying that they can't see past their legalism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I know, but we must remmeber it is not important what other people Moderator cut: orphaned want from you. What matters is what God wants from you.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
And Old Testament Christian is an oxymoron. There is no such thing. If someone cleaves to the Old Testament laws as a source of guidance and necessary to keep, they have fallen from grace, as Paul writes in the book of Galatians.
Gal 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Gal 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

I eat shrimp, work every Sunday, had sex with my wife when she was "unclean". and never celebrate Passover. I've never even been to the temple or offered sacrifices of the animal kind.

Its actually impossible to keep all the OT laws, The temple was destroyed 2000 years ago, hence no place to offer sacrifices.
Oxymoron indeed. Isn't it written somewhere that you have to keep the whole Law and not just parts of it? Ibe seems to have missed that point, even as she cited a verse from chapter 28 of the book of Deuteronomy

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-02-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 PM

951 posts, read 1,053,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I know, but we must remmeber it is not important what other peopleModerator cut: orphaned want from you. What matters is what God wants from you.
Now, what does God want from you? Love in the form of keeping His Commandments. If you love God you will keep His Commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments...

That is what is wrong with modern Christianity today. They have excluded God the Father and focus on a rebellious son they call Jesus Christ who they claim did away with His Father's Commandments! He did no such thing. He lived a perfect sinless life and kept His Father's Commandments and instructed His true followers to do the same. (Matthew 19).

Now, a true "New Testament" Christian is to use God's Holy Spirit to keep God the Father's Commandments. If you say you can't keep the Commandments then you are admitting that you have not received God's Holy Spirit in order to keep the Commandments. That ought to knock you out of your chair if you had eyes to "see"!

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Now, ask yourself who are the true "New Teatament" Christians and who are the carnal-minded "No Testament" Christians, the ones who according to the scriptures actually hate God and His Commandments? To me the answer is abundantly clear!

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-02-2012 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: References to Mr Armstrong have been deleted Thread is NOT about hin.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
...say we have to keep the law of Moses?
God must roll His eyes if He ever listens to all the excuses humans must give for not obeying His Commandments.

When God calls you, He brings you to repentance. He starts correcting you. He shows you that His Seventh Day Sabbath is holy time and you are not to profane it. He did exactly that when He called Mr. Armstrong. He did exactly that when He called me. He did exactly that when He called thousands of others.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

You must repent of breaking God's Spiritual Law -- God's Ten Commandments and all the other instructions in the Bible that define what sin is and which are actually a magnification both physically and/or spiritually of the Ten Commandments and show how the Ten Commandments are to be applied.

This nation needs to wake up and understand the Christianity we see today is not of God or of Christ but is actually encouraging people to sin against God and is actually causing our nation to be destroyed!!

I can't say that loud enough!

We all need to repent of our sins against God. We need both repentance and faith. We need to repent of our sins against God and we need faith toward Christ in order to receive the "faith OF Christ".

Wake up and quit rolling your eyes and focus your eyes on the true Jesus Christ who kept His Father's Commandments and commanded His followers to do likewise (Matt 19).

Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
The whole book of Galatians was written by the Apostle Paul to congregations who were being deceived by "Old Testament Christians", who thought Christians were obliged to keep the Old Testament laws. the Book of Galatians clearly teaches that these false teachers are in the wrong and are bringing others to their doom. Read the book yourself and see.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
The whole book of Galatians was written by the Apostle Paul to congregations who were being deceived by "Old Testament Christians", who thought Christians were obliged to keep the Old Testament laws. the Book of Galatians clearly teaches that these false teachers are in the wrong and are bringing others to their doom. Read the book yourself and see.
John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

So, Jesus was a false teacher?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:

The law that was added because of transgressions was the ceremonial ritualistic law of Moses. It was a reminder of sin or rituals that pictured God's Holy Spirit and they did not define what sin actually is.

Jeremiah 7:
22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

These were added after the Old Covenant was ratified. This ceremonial part of the Law of Moses is what Paul is speaking against.

Neither did Christ or Paul do not do away with God's Spiritual Law, the Ten Commandments. Neither did Paul do away with the the civil laws -- the statutes, or the judgments. These show how to apply the Ten Commandment sin specific situations and are based on the two great Commandments of love toward God (Commandments 1-4) and love toward fellow man (Commandments 5-10).

Christ:
Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Revelation 22:
13 I [Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments [God the Father's] , that they may have right to the tree of life [backs up Christ's statement in Matthew 19], and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [those that do not keep God's Commandments].
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches [apparently not to your church]...

Paul:
Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

I Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Our society is sinning and modern Christianity is one of the chief causes. It encourages people to actually sin against God and leads the way by profaning the 4th Commandant. Each week modern Christianity profanes God's Holy Sabbath and keeps the pagan Sunday worship instead. Our nation is soon to be destroyed for this and our many other sins.

You think that you are not under the law. The fact is you are not under any law. You are lawless and practice lawlessness as we see in Jude.

Jude [KJV]
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here it is a little plainer.

Jude [ERV]
4 Some people have secretly entered your group. These people have already been judged guilty for what they are doing. Long ago the prophets wrote about them. They are against God. They have used the grace of our God in the wrong way--to do sinful things. They refuse to follow Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

Now, God corrects every son of His. Does God correct you when you break His Seventh Day Sabbath? God corrects me when I get careless and am not focused on keeping His Sabbath Holy.

Hebrews 12: [KJV]
5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye [illegitimate], and not sons.

Hebrews 12: [ERV]
5 You are children of God, and he speaks words of comfort to you. You have forgotten these words: "My child, don't think the Lord's discipline is worth nothing, and don't stop trying when he corrects you.
6 The Lord disciplines everyone he loves; he punishes everyone he accepts as a child."
7 So accept sufferings like a father's discipline. God does these things to you like a father correcting his children. You know that all children are disciplined by their fathers.
8 So, if you never receive the discipline that every child must have, you are not true children and don't really belong to God.

God does not discipline these false churches out there when they break God's Sabbath because these churches are not God's or Christ's Churches but are the churches of this present evil world. They have no law. They are practicing lawlessness and are suffering many deaths because they do not have God's Holy Spirit and their ministry cannot follow the instructions in James 5 to receive divine healing.

It is time this nation wakes up to the fact that modern Christianity is an enemy of this nation. It is far worse than Communism, Fascism, Nazism, etc. These words may seem incredible but modern Christianity is destroying this nation from within (although Communism is now within us as well). We need to repent and turn to God and come out of this false Babylon of religious confusion. It is time we turned to the true God and to the true Christ!

Wake Up!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Now, what does God want from you?
He wants us to trust Him with our salvation. You trust only yourself, and you have no faith in God saving those who believe in Him. You are trying to earn your salvation through rituals and works, but you do not realize that without faith it is impossible to please God.

Wake up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity