Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No problem . . . do not marvel at what I said to you . . . you must actually die to be born again. Until then you are only born of God (gennao = begotten/conceived).
Not true. I am and those who testify of the experiance are "born again" in spirit. Your missing something very, very much needed for Eternal Life!!! On the day of Pentecost was when men and woman first began to be born again when the Spirit was given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Not true. I am and those who testify of the experiance are "born again" in spirit. Your missing something very, very much needed for Eternal Life!!! On the day of Pentecost was when men and woman first began to be born again when the Spirit was given.
No . . . the process of conception of their "embryo Spirit" was begun. They were born of God (conceived) by the Holy Spirit. It grows and develops as we "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,431 times
Quote:
No . . . the process of conception of their "embryo Spirit" was begun. They were born of God (conceived) by the Holy Spirit. It grows and develops as we "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't.
Your statement here seems to agree with what I have said but elsewhere you say we are not born again until we die. Your being very contradictory. Which is it? Born again now are when we die?

Speaking of being born again in spirit now Jesus" said, JN 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and you receive not our witness." Our testamony is that we have been born again in spirit now.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Your statement here seems to agree with what I have said but elsewhere you say we are not born again until we die. Your being very contradictory. Which is it? Born again now are when we die?

Speaking of being born again in spirit now Jesus" said, JN 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto you, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and you receive not our witness." Our testamony is that we have been born again in spirit now.
The phrase "born again" is gennao and it means "begotten/conceived" . . . not actual birth. It is the beginning (conception) of our spiritual "pregnancy." We are reborn as Spirit upon our physical death.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 PM

33,305 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
The phrase "born again" is gennao and it means "begotten/conceived" . . . not actual birth. It is the beginning (conception) of our spiritual "pregnancy." We are reborn as Spirit upon our physical death.
No matter how much you ignore post #119, a person is born again the moment he believes on Christ for eternal life.

Your statement is your own personal precept and doctrine. It is not what the Bible teaches.

And by the way, this is off topic.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
One of the most enjoyable threads I've read in a long time. These knock-down, drag-outs on eternal torment vs. universal redemption make for terrific reading mainly because nobody wins and nothing ever gets resolved.

Despite Legoman's solid one-two punches in posts #11 and 96 and JerZ's effective weave-and jabs in posts #17 and 97, Mike was able to hold his own against a relentless onslaught of common sense and solid scripture with his own interpretations of the same verses.

And the beat...or rather, fight goes on, ladies and gentlemen.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
One of the most enjoyable threads I've read in a long time. These knock-down, drag-outs on eternal torment vs. universal redemption make for terrific reading mainly because nobody wins and nothing ever gets resolved.

Despite Legoman's solid one-two punches in posts #11 and 96 and JerZ's effective weave-and jabs in posts #17 and 97, Mike was able to hold his own against a relentless onslaught of common sense and solid scripture with his own interpretations of the same verses.

And the beat...or rather, fight goes on, ladies and gentlemen.
Mock the truth while you can. The time is coming when you will be forced to face it.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Mock the truth while you can. The time is coming when you will be forced to face it.

Does it occur to you that when you have to resort to threats when others don't agree with your opinion, that the problem might actually be with your opinion and not them?

Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity because I threw a verbal uppercut.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Does it occur to you that when you have to resort to threats when others don't agree with your opinion, that the problem might actually be with your opinion and not them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity because I threw a verbal uppercut.
That was no threat. Just a statement of fact. Everyone without exception is going to know the truth. It is telling that you immediately assume that I implied that you are going to the lake of fire. You people accuse those who recognize as true what the Bible says concerning eternal condemnation with being obsessed with the subject. In reality, it is you Universalists who are obsessed with it in your attempt to discredit it.

And by the way, your uppercuts are very puny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity