Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
They wanted nothing to do with God and they will have their wish. But they will be in torment forever.
Nothing compares to those who exalt themselves.
No offense, but do you actually listen to yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,251,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No I do not believe that. There is no such thing as the hell that is taught in the mainstream churches as eternal torment. Our loving Father would NEVER ever create such a place or send anyone to it for ANY reason.
well in that case you must not follow the bible so i wont bother quoting the thousands of verses that say other wise.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
well in that case you must not follow the bible so i wont bother quoting the thousands of verses that say other wise.
Moderator cut: deleted I know an enormous amount about the Bible, its origins, its hermeneutics and what was left out and why. I spent over 40 years trying to make sense of it all. If you think you know what the Bible says and have not done as much . . . you flatter yourself.

Last edited by june 7th; 11-15-2012 at 08:52 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
No I do not believe that. There is no such thing as the hell that is taught in the mainstream churches as eternal torment. Our loving Father would NEVER ever create such a place or send anyone to it for ANY reason.
Quote:
Matthew 10:28, Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation 20:10-15 say otherwise. And I believe the word of God.
No Mike . . . you believe your mentors who had you from a young age and have indoctrinated you to their "precepts and doctrines of men." You DO know that the words uniformly translated as hell in the Bible have many different original words that have been translated as hell including hades . . . which is what is thrown into the lake of fire you claim is hell, btw. Hell being thrown into hell . . . an interesting concept. The concept of hell has been so corrupted and mistranslated as to be utterly useless for any serious Bible scholar to decipher. It definitely does not mean what you and your mentors think it means.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,251,844 times
Quote:
No Mike . . . you believe your mentors who had you from a young age and have indoctrinated you to their "precepts and doctrines of men." You DO know that the words uniformly translated as hell in the Bible have many different original words that have been translated as hell including hades . . . which is what is thrown into the lake of fire you claim is hell, btw. Hell being thrown into hell . . . an interesting concept. The concept of hell has been so corrupted and mistranslated as to be utterly useless for any serious Bible scholar to decipher. It definitely does not mean what you and your mentors think it means.
That whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

If you can use your 40 years of knowledge and help me understand what your definition of perishing is?

He that believeth in the Son hath life everlasting: but he that believeth not the Son shall not see life: but the wrath of God abideth on him.

What is the wrath of God? a spanking?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:12 PM

33,382 posts, read 26,671,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Nothing compares to those who exalt themselves.
No offense, but do you actually listen to yourself?
I listen to the word of God. I gave you some Scripture which states that there will be numerous people in the Millennium who will rebel against the reign of Jesus Christ. Believe it or don't believe it. Your choice.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The difference young padawan is that I know an enormous amount about the Bible, its origins, its hermeneutics and what was left out and why. I spent over 40 years trying to make sense of it all. If you think you know what the Bible says and have not done as much . . . you flatter yourself.
You like to blow your own horn. But you who deny that the Bible is the word of God, and who denies that God is supernatural, and who believes that the rivers of living water in John 7:38 refer to a persons cerebral spinal fluid, have no credibility.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
The bible speaks of the final abode of the unbeliever as the eternal fire, the lake of fire, the furnace of fire, the outer darkness, Gehenna. That is where the unbeliever will be sent into after he has been resurrected after the end of the Millennium.

I believe the word of God. Such passages as Matthew 10:28, Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation 20:10-15

And you who deny that God is supernatural, and who believe that the rivers of living water in John 7:38 refer to a persons cerebral spinal fluid, are in no position to be talking about the precepts and doctrines of men.... Doctor!!! And you are no Bible scholar.

Last edited by Michael Way; 11-14-2012 at 10:42 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I believe the word of God. Such passages as Matthew 10:28, Matthew 25:41,46 and Revelation 20:10-15
Too bad you do not know what they mean.
Quote:
And you who deny that God is supernatural, and who believe that the rivers of living water in John 7:38 refer to a person's cerebral spinal fluid, are in no position to be talking about the precepts and doctrines of men.... Doctor!!! And you are no Bible scholar.
There is no such thing as supernatural. That was created in ignorance to avoid the findings of science that repeatedly undermined the ancient ignorance of our ancestors recorded in scriptures. God is all that there is, period. There is no separate nature. If you know of a more likely source of living water that doesn't involve fantasy or magical thinking . . . please elucidate. I would place my knowledge against your mentors without question, Mike. You have been misled and misguided. They will carry a heavy burden before the Lord.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Too bad you do not know what they mean. There is no such thing as supernatural. That was created in ignorance to avoid the findings of science that repeatedly undermined the ancient ignorance of our ancestors recorded in scriptures. God is all that there is, period. There is no separate nature. If you know of a more likely source of living water that doesn't involve fantasy or magical thinking . . . please elucidate. I would place my knowledge against your mentors without question, Mike. You have been misled and misguided. They will carry a heavy burden before the Lord.
The ignorance is yours Doctor!!! The lake of fire was created for Satan and his angels. But all unbelievers will spend the eternal future there as well.

The fact that you deny that God is supernatural shows that you do not believe in the God who has revealed Himself in the Bible. The rivers of living waters is a reference to the Holy Spirit. Not to a persons cerebral spinal fluid.

God is not His creation. God is supernatural. His creation is natural. You are high on yourself Doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity