Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen.... ^^^^ and a very sad and awful game to play with God's truth, His precious word.....
God will not be mocked by those who continue to reject His truth, they will reap eternally the lie for ever and ever and ever and ever !!
What I find very sad and awful is this tenacious defense of the single most evil concept devised by the mind of man . . . of eternal unending punishment and torture forever and ever . . . AS IF it could EVER be a part of Christ's Gospel. You and I agree on the proper way of life, the avoidance of ALL the same "sins," the role of Christ as Savior, Christ as the Way, Truth and Life, the need to follow His commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, Cyber. Why is it you would see me damned for rejecting such an unending evil as coming from God when it can achieve no conceivable purpose whatsoever. I support NONE of the evils or sins you deplore. What is it about this particular doctrine that is so central to God in your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What I find very sad and awful is this tenacious defense of the single most evil concept devised by the mind of man . . . of eternal unending punishment and torture forever and ever . . . AS IF it could EVER be a part of Christ's Gospel. You and I agree on the proper way of life, the avoidance of ALL the same "sins," the role of Christ as Savior, Christ as the Way, Truth and Life, the need to follow His commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, Cyber.
No, mystic we both do not believe the same.... there is a gulf of difference between your belief and mine !! In your mind you try to make it sound the same but it is not.

Quote:
Why is it you would see me damned for rejecting such an unending evil as coming from God when it can achieve no conceivable purpose whatsoever. I support NONE of the evils or sins you deplore. What is it about this particular doctrine that is so central to God in your mind?
I don't see you damned, mystic, nor have I ever said that to you. What I do see coming from my own experience in my walk with the Lord.... It is yourself, that is your own conscience that you see yourself damned and are fighting against His truth !!

I have hope and pray in Christ that one day those who believe the lies will one day experience the Holy Spirit revealing God's truth, setting them free and leading them out from under the influence of the deep darkness of those lies they are in bondage to.

Also, I have no doctrine mystic.... I believe God and His word !! Even when I find it difficult to understand why He does things. As I can't begin to think like Him and for the reasons He has chosen to do what He says and am at peace with my God !!
My love, trust, hope is in the Author and Finisher of my faith Jesus Christ !! And will continue to believe every word of God regardless of your's and anyone else false accusations, teaching, bullying, whatever.

Through the power of His Holy Spirit, I rest in God's peace and His love for all eternity and deeply believe I have come to that place that nothing nor no one can or will ever be able to take that away !!

Praying for you... that you also will come to that place

Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times
Quote:
What I find very sad and awful is this tenacious defense of the single most evil concept devised by the mind of man . . . of eternal unending punishment and torture forever and ever . . . AS IF it could EVER be a part of Christ's Gospel. You and I agree on the proper way of life, the avoidance of ALL the same "sins," the role of Christ as Savior, Christ as the Way, Truth and Life, the need to follow His commands to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't, Cyber. Why is it you would see me damned for rejecting such an unending evil as coming from God when it can achieve no conceivable purpose whatsoever. I support NONE of the evils or sins you deplore. What is it about this particular doctrine that is so central to God in your mind?
Why would God allow anyone who has rejected him into his kingdom?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Why did the father welcome the prodigal son into his home?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
And the things is Mystic, there is nothing that can exhaust the love and grace of God. The prodigal left with all that he thought there was for him,when He returned he discovered all that his Father had. Where sin abounds the grace of God over abounds.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Because he came back to him and was found. Can you answer my question now?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

We have all been guilty of rejecting God. Even you.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
We have all been guilty of rejecting God. Even you.
At one point yes but I don't reject him anymore. Thanks for chiming in though.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
At one point yes but I don't reject him anymore. Thanks for chiming in though.

The biblical promise is that there will come a time when none of us any longer reject God, at any time, in any way... and every knee will bow and all will joyfully recognize God as Lord.

God never rejects us.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The biblical promise is that there will come a time when none of us any longer reject God, at any time, in any way... and every knee will bow and all will joyfully recognize God as Lord.
God never rejects us.
I think Pleroo covered it pretty well. But my original post quoted above, asked why a rejection of a belief in the Eternal Torment doctrine would damn anyone who does accept Christ as Savior. I would ask the same question about a lot of the "precepts and doctrines of men" promulgated by the mainstream churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity