Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What if you lust after Rhubarb ?
Well, Dr. Phil would say you might be a STALKER...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 11:13 AM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What if you lust after Rhubarb ?
That would be hard without a pic. It could happen.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:22 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
Does that mean virgins can't be gay because they have not had any sex?
I see all these teens who say they are gay but they are virgins.
Hi jerseygal4u,

I think most men and women in this day and age have had homosexual thoughts at one time or another. Whether we act on them or not is another thing, and even if we do, God is a God of mercy through Jesus Christ and He will forgive you nonetheless. This doesn't mean we get to go out and do it again, but the mercy, grace, love and forgiveness is always there, open wide and nearby. Paul said he was continuously plagued by the tensions between the flesh and the Spirit. Something I think we all can attest to. It is how we deal with it I believe is where the struggles and victories lay. Sometimes we are overwhelmed by it, sometimes not, but if we rely on Jesus' strength, not ours, we are always victorious. There is nothing we can do within ourselves that guarantee victory, even though sometimes we are, chalk it up to providence, or some call it luck, whichever you feel comfortable in calling it. In my experience, when I completely surrender to Jesus and His faith and strength, that is where the true power becomes manifested in me, and most certainly, it is not of me, but in me. I hope that helps

Old 06-19-2016, 01:51 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hi jerseygal4u,

I think most men and women in this day and age have had homosexual thoughts at one time or another. Whether we act on them or not is another thing, and even if we do, God is a God of mercy through Jesus Christ and He will forgive you nonetheless. This doesn't mean we get to go out and do it again, but the mercy, grace, love and forgiveness is always there, open wide and nearby. Paul said he was continuously plagued by the tensions between the flesh and the Spirit. Something I think we all can attest to. It is how we deal with it I believe is where the struggles and victories lay. Sometimes we are overwhelmed by it, sometimes not, but if we rely on Jesus' strength, not ours, we are always victorious. There is nothing we can do within ourselves that guarantee victory, even though sometimes we are, chalk it up to providence, or some call it luck, whichever you feel comfortable in calling it. In my experience, when I completely surrender to Jesus and His faith and strength, that is where the true power becomes manifested in me, and most certainly, it is not of me, but in me. I hope that helps
Really good post.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:01 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,914 times
Quote:
Or is it the action itself(having sex with a member of the same sex as yourself) that makes you gay?

I'm trying to find out from a Christian point of view. I treid to post on the Relationship forum but I didn't understand.
I remember reading on a Christian website that its the sex act itself that makes you a homosexual.
I'm confused.
I can't speak for Christ and I don't think he would care.

But if you are attracted to women then yeah. If you are attracted to both, you are bi.

Either way, wouldn't sweat too much. Again, can't speak for the man but God loves everyone.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
To the OP.....no it just means the enemy of your soul is trying to get you to accept that unclean bird flying around your head, so you will give it a place to nest. Thoughts are as seeds, which is why we are told to bring every thought into captivity to the mind of Christ. The soul of man is like a woman's womb, in that it will reproduce whatever seed is planted in it.

Accepting a thought is the same as planting the seed. Seeds eventually produce fruit, if they have been watered by actions. Peace

Old 06-19-2016, 05:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Geez if every thought were turned into an action, I'd surely have my living room repainted by now.

You and me both. Note I said it's the thoughts that get watered by actions that turn into fruit. Peace

Old 06-20-2016, 09:20 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
The Bible contains a lot of obscure rules and regulations, like no eating shellfish and no wearing cloth made out of two fabrics. If you want to know what the true Law is, look to the Ten Commandments, or as Jesus put in more generic terms, Love God and Love your Neighbor.

I find that God doesn't make rules just for the sake of making rules; they line up with the great commands of Jesus. The Ten Commandments say Do Not Commit Adultery. Why? Because you made a vow to be faithful to your spouse. Jesus said if you even think about it you're being unfaithful. Do you think your wife would be happy to know you are lusting after another woman? None of this has to do with premarital sex, be it heterosexual or homosexual.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:30 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,186,261 times
Quote:

I'm confused.
If you're trying to understand what it means to be a homosexual in the real world the last place I would look for answers is to the religious world.

Religion tries to answer things as they are hemmed into doing by looking only to existing ages old script. The reason there's so much controversy is because back when men were writing these scripts they obviously weren't as exposed to information and reality as we are today.

The logic of those scripts going against the common sense real-world exposure of the modern world. Gays are gay. Straight people are straight. It's all instinct and you're born with it. You don't think about it or choose.

As I normally say, if you're curious about anything as far as being gay, just flip it around and think of it about being straight. It's all the same instincts and emotions, they're just pointing the other way.

Is a straight person straight if they only daydream and lust over the opposite sex? Or are you not a straight man until you physically have sex with a woman? What if a gay man had sex with a woman, would that make him straight? No, of course not.

Being gay and being straight is just a matter of who you are attracted to, it's not a choice or a decision. It's your instinct. No one can change that as much as people might pretend.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:12 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Bumping this to get more insight

My brother recently told me he had intercourse with another man but he is not gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity