Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 08:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is telling they always reply by judging the poster, as if getting personal would somehow make the truth go away.
It's liberalism often used tactic when there is no substance other than propaganda.
There will always be enmity between the seed of God and the seed of Satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 08:51 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
It is telling they always reply by judging the poster, as if getting personal would somehow make the truth go away.
Make the truth go away ?,

How about these bible verses one for you calling out sin in others

Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:54 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,406,856 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I meant when I said you demand people approve / condone / promote / embrace your sins, and if they do not, then you accuse them of being unloving. It won't work with me. Sorry. You make me choose between appeasing you, or following Christ, and I choose Christ. It is too bad if it offends you.
Would you like to tell me what particular 'sins' you think I commit that you think I am 'demanding' people to approve / condone / promote / embrace'? .

And why would I want you to appease me? I would love it if you actually followed the teachings of Christ. His strongest message was about love and developing empathy for others. A worthy message.

I would also love it if people like you actually read the Bible in it's original historical and cultural context and stopped abusing it to support prejudices against gay and lesbian people or anyone else you don't approve of.

But I don't actually 'demand' that you study the Biblical texts honestly or follow the teachings of Christ. That's your choice.

You are perfectly entitled to disagree with me and try to support your views. I will of course continue to point out the issues of cherry picking biblical verses out of context, the less than scholarly dishonest interpretations, and the hypocrisy of those particular Christians who use their religious beliefs to harm others.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-12-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's liberalism often used tactic when there is no substance other than propaganda.
There will always be enmity between the seed of God and the seed of Satan.
So it seems.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 AM

11,310 posts, read 11,070,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Ask yourself why you don't believe in the Hindu asuras or Buddhist Mara. It could be similar to the reasons that I don't believe in them either.... or your 'Satan'.
He doesn't need to. It's already been determined that he's going to heaven as a reward for his faith, and you will burn in hell for eternity for your disbelief.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
From somebody who says that Satan is a "It's a creation myth. An allegorical story." ... you think you're taken seriously about anything concerning what you hold as "integral to the teachings of Christ".

No doubt you'd have the same feeling about this:There is such a thing as righteous anger
Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

Proverbs 8:13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Sexual immorality of all types is evil behavior ... and since Jesus is God, he judged homosexuality detestable \ perversion.

And do note: Proverbs 8:13 does not speak to the person themselves, but what they do.

And the double-minded \ unstable will twist it as normal and use scripture to discredit the very same source that it came from. No doubt it's all the 100% Bible believers that Psalm 5:5 and Proverbs 8:13 that God has in mind.
He continually judged the spirit of the Pharisee while in the company of those you disapprove of.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who gave you the authority to call out that which you disapprove of ?. Why can you not follow the example of Jesus ?.
It is the stone throwers that are offended, not those who follow the example of Jesus.
I'm not offended. I actually find it rather sad.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Read what you just wrote here.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
God makes it clear that those who
" know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
God didn't say that there is a difference between the two "who do such" vs "those who approve".
How does that address my post at all?

Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Would you like to tell me what particular 'sins' you think I commit that you think I am 'demanding' people to approve / condone / promote / embrace'? .

And why would I want you to appease me? I would love it if you actually followed the teachings of Christ. His strongest message was about love and developing empathy for others. A worthy message.
Your argument is that sexual immorality is not sinful, and whoever disagrees receives judgment from you. Yes, you demand agreement, and when you don't get it, you go after the poster and accuse them for being unloving, and you claim they are not following teachings of Jesus. You do it with practically every post.

You think you show love towards people by condoning their sins, and concealing the truth from them, but you have no idea you are only keeping them away from the light, and by doing so you are only doing the bidding of the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity