Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 PM

505 posts, read 575,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Very good post'

I am sure that God would like spiritual healing for evefyone. See 2Peter 3:[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
I personally believe that God, in His omniscience, knows the heart of anyone on the face of this earth who is hungering and thirsting after righteousness, and tha , in His omnipotence, is able to connect that individual to someone who can explain the gospel to him or her.
Unfortunately there are few who want the light, and many that are exposed to a watered-down gospel. Most of the major Protestant denominations believe that a person is saved by faith alone by Christ alone. It is my opinion that Satan is quite accomodating to that doctrine, since he can deceive people that they can hold the world and its attactions in one hand and faith in Christ in the other and still go into eternal life. Most of the preachers stress the first part of the great comission, but neglect the second part, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you [Matt.28:20.] They teach that if we have faith in Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, they do not have to keep the commandments. But our Savior said in John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments, also in Matt. 5:[17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. [18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. [19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Martin Luther said in an early esposition on the 5th chapter of Matthew that those who teach that it is OK to break one of the least commandments are not in the kingdom of heaven.
Best wishes to all who are seeking to know and DO the will of our heavenly Father.

Well put bro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
Well put bro!
Thanks for the kind remark.
Last Sunday I was listening to Billy Graham on a rebroadcast of one of his crusade sermons and he said very emphatically that the words of Jesus were If ye love me, keep my commandments [john 14:15] and
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me
[Matt 10:22]
But I remembered from one of his nespaper columns that he advised a female inquirer that if she had ever trusted Jesus Christ as her Savior that she was assured that she would go to heaven when she dies. I also remembered that Dr. David Jeremaiah made just similar statement just a few months ago on his radio program. In fact, in my opinion, the vast majority of Protestant denominations teach the Once Saved Always Saved doctrine. But Alistair Begg said in his radio program that perseverence is necessary for salvation [Matt 10:22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity