Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post

Lighten up.
Sorry but seeing as how Jesus Christ instituted communion at the last meal he ate on Earth I have a hard time "lightening up" about communion.

Feel free to have a laugh about it. I choose to treat it with respect. I also choose to treat the communions Catholics and Mormons have with respect. Obviously some people don't. I can't imagine Jesus is happy when people call it "juice and crackers" or have a laugh about the white bread Mormons. But that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 03:37 PM

796 posts, read 859,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
So the rest of my response was too much truth for you, eh?

Well in response to your question that you so deeply care about instead of everything else I've said, yes I do. It is just crackers and juice but believers can discern it as the Lord's body and blood. Catholicism has a strict guideline about who can partake of the Lord's supper, when Jesus said do it as often in remembrance of Him. It seems Catholicism decides when we can "do it as often" like Jesus said we could.
Don't for get when Jehovah's Witness' do it, no body partakes!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,346,714 times
Quote:
God wants Jesus at the center of all believer's worship and their focus to always be on Jesus. Not Mary, not saints, not popes... only Jesus!
You need to attend mass dude.

It is all about Jesus.

As long as you are ignorant there is no point in talking about things you do not understand. When you do not know something it is best to keep quiet. When you post you confirm our suspicion. You have no clue about what you are talking.

Please go to mass and observe.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:23 PM

794 posts, read 846,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

It is all about Jesus.

As long as you are ignorant there is no point in talking about things you do not understand. When you do not know something it is best to keep quiet. When you post you confirm our suspicion. You have no clue about what you are talking.

You're defending your religion, not the facts.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

It is all about Jesus.

You can catch a Mass everyday on tv.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
You're defending your religion, not the facts.
You need to present facts so we can have a debate.

Religion needs no defense. I would never say to you or a Muslim that "my religion is better than yours", that would illogical.

Secondly, I cannot defend a misconception. The only thing i can do is point out to you that you have a misconception.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
But Mary was a sinner like everyone else. Why do Catholics pray to a sinner? I'll tell you why because Catholicism idolizes chosen people in the bible. Mary suffered death like every other sinner in the world. Yes she is in Heaven but for the same reason everyone else is and will be for believing in Jesus alone for their salvation.
Mary was not a sinner, she was without sin. She did not suffer death, she was assumed into heaven body and soul.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
You take communion in remembrance of Jesus. According to this website there are strict guidelines and even though you're a believer you have to be in a certain state of mind to do it. What an insult to Jesus' grace...

Who Can Receive Communion? | Catholic Answers

They say you have to partake the bread and wine "worthily." This is not some practice or state of mind. The word "worthily" in the bible is referring to discerning the bread and wine as Jesus' body and blood. Catholicism does a great work in disqualifying people from the grace of God when grace puts everyone on equal ground.

As far as the physical churches themselves go.. Your local church may be simple but Catholicism throughout its history has surely displayed an interest in big churches and fine décor. Look at the Vatican.
To be on equal ground you need to become Catholic. You can go to RCIA classes for that, then go to confession and tell the priest your sins, then go to Mass and receive Holy Communion. If you want to do all those things then you are welcome to go to communion everyday if you like.

Some churches are huge and beautiful, it all depends on what the local community and parish people want to put their hard earned money into. Some are very small in poorer communities. Each parish takes what the people can give in money, time and talent. As long as the people are also giving to charity to help others who cares if they want a huge church or a small one?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Mary was not a sinner, she was without sin. She did not suffer death, she was assumed into heaven body and soul.
Can you present facts from scripture to support this?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Can you present facts from scripture to support this?

Religion is religion and it is created by MAN.

Talking about facts and religion in the same sentence does not make sense.

Same with the Bible which is an allegoric book. The Old testament written to glorify the Jews and the New Testament written many years after Christ.

Religion is just a vehicle to get close to God. Same thing with the Bible.

The Virgin Mary is important for Catholics. It is a rather simple concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity