Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 01:09 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus said he desired many times to gather His people under His wings but they had refused every time. Did He desire? Yes. Did He get His desire in this particular case? No. Jews used their free will to reject Him. In that case, did he announce He would get His desire? No.

In Isaiah God said he will accomplish his desire and achieve his purpose. His desire in that case was to produce fruit, that the rain will not return to Him empty. His desire was that people would seek Him, and turn to Him, and many have, so it did not return empty. Has everyone turned to Him? No, because His purpose was not to force everyone to salvation, and it still isn't. What did Jesus say? Israel refused to come to Him.
And so you think God will fail to get what he desires? Ye of little faith. Why don't you have more faith? God will do all his will. But in His time. In His order. His secrets are with the faithful saints and prophets but hidden from your eyes. Sorry about that. But God reveals things to whom he will when he will. I have no power of my own to show you anything, nor does God reveal new things to anyone who thinks they already know it all. Some people do not want to have any fresh manna from heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God desires none of us should sin...does he get his way?
Sometimes he does, yes. And once we are purified by fire he will ALWAYS get his way on the NO SIN thing.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The problem with the Eternal Torment Crowd really comes down to the most fundamental piece. They believe they chose Christ and not the other way around.

By using that as their baseboard they can then claim that others that didn't give "permission" to God are therefore worthy of eternal torment.

Jesus said the following:

Joh_15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

They also forget this:

1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Now if you ask the wicked one or the atheist if they ever felt God's love and they say "no", then how can anyone expect them to love God.
Quite right. The ET Christian is forever boasting about his "DECISION". They even named a magazine after it put out, I think by the Billy Graham Association. Wow - how grand one must be to have huge Association with their name right on it! There are endless associations, affiliations, societies, clubs, churches, etc.. with the names of men attached to them. And yet, Jesus said "I will build my church..." Wonder why man feels compelled to build it?

Old 01-04-2014, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
actually from the looks of it, Finn Jarber is acting towards you as you are acting towards us with one exception .... he doesn't mock and blaspheme about the Bible as Heartsong \ pcamps \ mystic usually does nor goes into imaginary conversations with the Lord when pcamps can't control his vile.
I don't understand the syntax at the end of your sentence because it ended with an adjective. I am honored to be first named among the blasphemers though.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:10 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
And you will never understand them, because you refuse to. You'd rather believe www.tentmaker.com talking points.
Heres a gentle reminder, i do not read universalist literature, cannot remember the last time i did, and they probably do not believe what i just said about the bible being about you not the children of Israel.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
The gospel? I believe the gospel is about Jesus Christ forgiving the sins of those who believe, so we can have eternal LIFE. But then again, I already told you that. I don't need to worry about what would happen of I didn't have LIFE. You keep asking everyone what they are saved from, and people keep answering you, and you keep asking again, and again, because you just can't get it out of your head. You ask, and you look for support from other URs, but it just won't leave your mind. Why? If you knew what you are saved into, you would not have to worry about what happens without it. But your actions probe you are deeply concerned. You project your concerns all day long.

You can't stop thinking about what salvation is FROM, because you fear the very thing you claim you do not believe now, and never believed before. Otherwise it would make no sense to even bring it up, let alone go on about it every day of the year.

I hope you enjoyed the Orange Bowl. I sure did. Good night.
So you just believe in eternal torment but can't and won't say why ?

You have not once said what you believe we are saved from, and every single fundamentalist apart from you on here does not have a problem saying it is from the consequences of sin, which they believe is eternal hell. It just shows how devious you are, because you know you very well, eternal hell is what you are saved from and you know that is exactly what all fundamentalist believe, but now trying to make out that eternal is has no part of the fundamentalist message of salvation.

Have no interest in college football

Old 01-04-2014, 07:40 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you just believe in eternal torment but can't and won't say why ?

You have not once said what you believe we are saved from, and every single fundamentalist apart from you on here does not have a problem saying it is from the consequences of sin, which they believe is eternal hell. It just shows how devious you are, because you know you very well, eternal hell is what you are saved from and you know that is exactly what all fundamentalist believe, but now trying to make out that eternal is has no part of the fundamentalist message of salvation.

Have no interest in college football
Thanks for proving my point about you misrepresenting other people posts. No one does it more than you do.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:47 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,042,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Quite right. The ET Christian is forever boasting about his "DECISION". They even named a magazine after it put out, I think by the Billy Graham Association. Wow - how grand one must be to have huge Association with their name right on it! There are endless associations, affiliations, societies, clubs, churches, etc.. with the names of men attached to them. And yet, Jesus said "I will build my church..." Wonder why man feels compelled to build it?
Easy, what would Satan do? IF Satan were going to counterfiet Christianity, he would have people believing it is up to them to choose God, and then he would use fear and intimidation as the means to keep people believing this.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:47 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Sometimes he does, yes. And once we are purified by fire he will ALWAYS get his way on the NO SIN thing.
Sometimes? So there are times when we sin and he doesn't get his way?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:48 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,042,249 times
Ask a Fundamentalist if God will still love those that enter Eternal Torment while their in their Torment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity