Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to call out many Catholicisim Doctrinal errors?
YES 15 26.79%
NO 41 73.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,283,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
your last few posts seem to indicate that you want to paint me into a corner...
Oh, I've no desire to paint you into a corner. Your complete and total belief in the Catholic church speaks for itself. Lol, painting a vocal Catholic into a corner is about on a par with painting a vocal fundamentalist into a corner. They've no idea they're there so why bother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM

555 posts, read 458,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, I've no desire to paint you into a corner. Your complete and total belief in the Catholic church speaks for itself. Lol, painting a vocal Catholic into a corner is about on a par with painting a vocal fundamentalist into a corner. They've no idea they're there so why bother?
Oh, good. For a minute there, I thought you were singling me out.

So, you will be taking issue with other people you disagree with, also, on an equal basis?

Hey...wait a minute...isn't that what you were calling me out for in post #402?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,283,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post

So, you will be taking issue with other people you disagree with, also, on an equal basis?
You're new. I already have. I'm all about equal opportunity.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:12 PM

64,030 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:

Old 04-23-2014, 10:38 AM

555 posts, read 458,519 times
Quote:
You're new. I already have. I'm all about equal opportunity.
LOL. Good to know. A level playing field is all I ask.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:26 PM

225 posts, read 162,602 times
Quote:
=SAAN;32842957]I dont think you should bash a Catholic as a person, but anything that goes against the bible needs to be addressed if it does against scripture. Life is not about being a Christian or believing in and following any creeds, it is about believing Jesus died for your sins, repenting and trying to live your life like he did and how he commanded us to. If someone or something goes against what the bible teaches, it needs to be pointed out and corrected in Love, without name calling, or condemning someone to hell, or calling it the Beast/Anti-Christ worship.

Does the bible command us to have a Pope?
So my friend. it's not what you know that is the problem here; NO! Its what you THINK you know

Consider these facts:

1. The term "bible" is NOT in the bible either; DOES TAHT mean its not real? Or how about the terms Protestant and catholic?

2. Because there IS but One True God
That One True God can and DOES have only One True Faith [Eph. 4: 1-7]
And following His Own OT tradition; of One Cchosen people: Christ choose to found ONLY one Church. Todays CC. AND YES I CAN PROVE IT BIBLICALLY.

And because there was NO OTHER "church" anywhere in the WORLD when the bible was fully written; THE END OF THE fIRST CENTURY OR EARLY 2ND. Century, [the NT by the way 100% authored by the First soon to be called Catholics], THE BIBLES REFERENCES TO "CHURCH" AND CHURCHES" every time refers ONLY to todays CC

Now as far as the "Pope" issue:
Again Christ was following once again His own OT tradition of always [neven an exceptiion] choosing One Man to lead His Chosen people [OT] and One New Faith and Church [NT]

So from Noah, Abraham, Moses, the Judges, Kings like david and Solomon, the Prophets like Isaiah, to the last OT prophet; John the Baptist, who lead to the Man, cHRIST, WHO FREELY CHOOSE 12 MORE MEN [Mt. 10: 1-8], and then choose Peter [ A MAN] to RUN his new founded Faith and Church: and gave to HIM all of the keys to heavens access and the POWER to Govern, to make and void laws [thats what the TERMS "bind and loose" REALLY mean and meant at that time and place. Mt.16:19

READ Mt. 10: 1-8
Mt. 16:15-19
John 17:13-22
Mk. 16:14-15
Mt. 28:16-20 [as a few evidences]

Quote:
Does the bible speak against graven images?
Does the bible speak against idolatry and bowing to statues?
ONCE AGAIN YOUR LACK OF right understanding is evident. [This is caused by God NOT granting His Wisdom and Understanding to ALL faiths which choose to compete with the ONLY ONE He founded and desires. And YES, that too is biblical.

You refer here to what non-catholic-Christians choose to TERM "worship"; BUT don't bother to check out the facts!

"WORSHIP" is reservered for God ALONE. period!

To Mary, and the Saints is given vereration and reverence; BUT NOT WORSHIP. ASK me why we do this and I'll explain it to you.

Veneration and reverence are NOT prohibited by the Bible! [YES I KNOW that comes as a SHOCK!] Here's proof by God himself:

IDOLS:
1 Chr. 18 “for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the LORDâ€

Exod.25: 18, 20 And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. [20] The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be

Num.21: 8-9 And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live." So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

My friend; its NOT the object; BUT the reason for the OBJECT that makes it a good or a evil. everything that CAN lead one TOWARDS God is Good, and aeverything that does not is evil.

Catholic prayers, ALL of them are intnede to GOD, but through Intercessors. THAT RIGHT is in the unlimited Powers of Governance God gives to His CC. READ John 17:18 & 20:21 for ptoof [literal translations there]

Quote:
Doesnt the bible say only God(YHWH) can forgive sins?
Yes it does. So let me ASK YOU a couple of questions on that topic.

1. can God Not choose to exercise this perogatrive the WAY HE SEES FIT?

2.3 Can mere motral men statrt there own comperting religiond and TELL GOD How He is to forgive sins? Altar calls and Sinners prayers; where ARE THEY in the bible"

1John.1 Verses 8 to 10: "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

1John.5 Verses 16 to 17 "If any one sees his brother committing what is not a mortal sin, he will ask, and God will give him life for those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin which is mortal; I do not say that one is to pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.

John.20 Verses 20 to 23 "When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retainedâ€

And to further your education factually; this was NOT a "Jesus invention"

Lev.5: 13 “Thus the priest shall make atonement for him for the sin which he has committed in any one of these things, and he shall be forgiven. And the remainder shall be for the priest, as in the cereal offering." … Lev.6:7 “and the priest shall make atonement for him before the LORD, and he shall be forgiven for any of the things which one may do and thereby become guilty."

Lev.4: 20,26, 31 “Thus shall he do with the bull; as he did with the bull of the sin offering, so shall he do with this; and the priest shall make atonement for them, and they shall be forgiven. …] And all its fat he shall burn on the altar, like the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings; so the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin, and he shall be forgiven. …And all its fat he shall remove, as the fat is removed from the peace offerings, and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a pleasing odor to the LORD; and the priest shall make atonement for him, and he shall be forgiven"

Quote:
Doesnt the bible say to only pray to the Father, NOT Mary?
No, actually it doesn't. Again your lack of understandong of the Powers and Authority invested in Christ One Church is swaying your understanding.

Quote:
Does the bible speak against substituting what God commands and replacing it with human traditions?
I'll answer this with BIBLE PROOF if YOU answer one question for me:

WHERE IN THE BIBLE [EVEN ONE TIME] DOES GOD PERMIT COMPETING FAITHS IN EITHER THE OLD OR NEW TESTAMENTS? WHAT ARE YOUR GROUNDS TO SUPPORT GOD WANTING OR EVEN TOLOERTING YOUR FAITH?

Quote:
Again this is not a Catholic basing, but to really question is Catholicism (mainly RCC) following and
teaching what the bible commands or making up its own rules.
Nor my friend am I taking it as bashing. Ignorance of the facts; YES! Bashing NO!

May God Bless you and grant you HIS Understanding. It seems to me unwise to assume catholics don't KNOW the bible. after all wwe are the bibles birth-parents.

If you would like further biblical evidence of any of my postions just let me know.

IamACatholic
Patrick

Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamACatholic View Post
And following His Own OT tradition; of One Cchosen people: Christ choose to found ONLY one Church.
So, in spite of what He said about it, He put new wine into old wineskins?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,564,156 times
Quote:
I'm a Christian who keeps certain things private. (I also don't answer the question, "How much money do you make?")
I know it isn't any of our business but I hope you know if you are Catholic, it falls into being a sin if you deny it. Also, I don't know anyone who wants to deny they are Catholic, I guess it's just the friends and family I have.

I don't know why so many on here don't want to say what religion they are. ???

Last edited by janelle144; 04-28-2014 at 01:36 AM..

Old 04-28-2014, 06:04 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,379,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

I don't know why so many on here don't want to say what religion they are. ???
That is because they don't go to church.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,064 times
What a fatuous conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity