Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 12:44 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,219,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
God will NOT destroy the sinful man in each of us, for most of us reject God
outright.
Hi, so are you saying that the sinful man is greater than God and that the Creator who has all power, is unable to bring about His own will on the earth?
Quote:
God has a real problem with rejection and rejects in turn those who deny
Him. It's in the Bible. Read it.
Did you ever reject God? Did He reject you forever when you did? At what point in your life did Jesus die for you? Again, is mankind's rejection greater than the Creator's power to subdue all things to Himself?

Quote:
There is no such thing as ultimate love. You will not find it in the
Bible and you will not find it in operation ANYWHERE in the world, on earth, in
hell or in heaven
God is love, and this is revealed in the scriptures, so this tells me that ultimate love does exist. It exists because God exists. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-26-2014 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 12:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
...snip...

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....
Maybe you should move closer to the truth. Doesn't look like you can see it from up there.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:47 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love knows no hate(of any form) for God is Love. In Jesus Christ,God made himself known, and i have not read of God in Christ hating on people. No calling fire down from heaven, no threats of crops failing, houses being burnt down, the ground opening up and swallowing those who rejected him and questioned his authority,no plagues or any other similar things, just a stern warning to those who held onto to handed down doctrines and traditions that if they did not accept him being all that God Is, they would die in their sins. The bible is of no use to you unless you can accept that Jesus Christ is all that God is and ever has been and ever will be.
and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ
If you have seen me you have seen God.-- Jesus Christ
Wonderful post, pcamps. It concisely and accurately explains what it takes to know God and Jesus. The veil of ignorance over the OT portrays a dangerously wrong picture of God and is the prime stumbling block to knowing God. All the division and discord is the result of this veil of ignorance about the OT descriptions of God and His motives. Once you know that God truly IS agape love . . . all the fear and confusion and unnecessary excuses for evil, hate and intolerance disappear. THAT is the freedom of Christ. Jesus is our "designated hitter" and He already hit the Grand Slam! It is finished. We need to bask in His love for us all and give back that same love.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God has no use for hate.
Hate is useless, unproductive, ridiculous.
God is not an ignoramus.
In short . . . God is NOT a fallible human.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:

Shana, how do you believe God destroys sin in us?. By revealing to us that he
hates sin ?. I personally believe this line of thought as turned christianity
into a sin conscious faith from a God conscious faith. I see and hear beautiful
and wonderful things around me daily that touch my life and months later these
things that i seen, heard and contemplated on have changed me, without me being
aware,to the point that i am shocked when i realize that only a few months
prior i would probably had been moved by that which no longer moves me. No
thoughts of God hating anything in my life. I share this because it is my
experience and more importantly it works in my life.

Pcamps, Jesus died for sinners, so yes, sin is a part of our condition, situation, experience, life. . It is the reason that Jesus died and in this, we see God's great love for us. There are many references to sin and how believers are to turn away from the mind set on the flesh and walk according to the Spirit. Contrasts are presented in this teaching, so I believe that it is a part of our understanding of where we came from, what we are being taken out of, what we/who are becoming. We see God's great work in our transformation. God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi .sparrow, but don't you believe that God hates or opposes that which destroys us, meaning the bondage to sin, for example? I am glad that God opposes sin that dwells in me. He "hates" it or opposes this so much that He will do away with it, so that it no longer injures, hurts, keeps us in bondage to it. I believe that God is opposed to, against, the sinful man, man of flesh that is in us.
"Sane" Hebrew word for "hate" - is a Hebrew verb used 145 in the OT ranging from intense hatred to simple opposition to people and things. It can also mean "preference for" (Key Word Study)
God bless and peace.
As long as you view humans as instant adults from our inception as a species you will interpret things wrongly. Two things have been needed from the beginning, Shana. Our species needed to evolve as spiritual beings (mature as a species). That takes eons. Within each generation . . . we each have to individually mature from infancy to adulthood. All the judgmental nonsense that is applied AS IF God has always been dealing with fully evolved and mature adults (both physically and spiritually) is what causes all the confusion and misunderstanding of God. If you cannot see in your own experience of life from infancy to adulthood the differences that existed . . . you cannot understand God's motives toward us either.
But we will talk more about this in Heaven, Shana. Peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:06 PM

Mystic, we are being changed into His image from day to day. It is a process that is taking place today in our individual lives, because God is working today, just as He has been working through all eons of time. 2 Corn.3:18, in Paul's statements to believers, says that "we all with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Mystic, we are being changed into His image from day to day. It is a process that is taking place today in our individual lives, because God is working today, just as He has been working through all eons of time. 2 Corn.3:18, in Paul's statements to believers, says that "we all with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." God bless and peace.
This is true Shana, and in 2 Cor 3:18 it tells us how........ By beholding him not our sin or God hating our sin or opposing our sin and pointing it out to us.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:13 PM

Pcamps, realizing where we came from does not mean that we are "focused" on our sins. The title of this thread is about God hating sinners and this is why the conversation is focused on this, what does it mean-God "hating" sinners. I do believe that in His work within me, the old man is being put to death in the process. The old man, the sinful man, that which is opposed to God, is being put to death, and thankfully so. It is a process that we are actively involved in, in this lifetime. God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:15 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Hi .sparrow, but don't you believe that God hates or opposes that which destroys us, meaning the bondage to sin, for example? I am glad that God opposes sin that dwells in me. He "hates" it or opposes this so much that He will do away with it, so that it no longer injures, hurts, keeps us in bondage to it. I believe that God is opposed to, against, the sinful man, man of flesh that is in us.

But that which destroys us isn't actually destroying us, that which so-called "destroys us" is the thing that is BEING destroyed. The non-love within us all is being overcome by LOVE. The non-love is slowly being destroyed and all of the negative things that it causes (EVERYTHING... war, envy, pride, callousness, arrogance, fear, greed, etc.) is becoming OBSOLETE. So why waste time or energy "hating" something that is already on the path to destruction.

Terrible example, but..
Look at it this way, your child falls off of his bike. Do you hate gravity? No, you really have no concerns or thoughts ABOUT gravity, your concern is your child learning balance, learning how to ride his bike, so he no longer falls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity