Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,262,418 times

Advertisements

Pcamps, I cannot accept your view of God, so that does this make you right and me wrong? Who is to say that what you believe is correct on this? The Christian scriptures teach that all is out of God.
We are more than our consciousness.
Something is greater than our consciousness.

I do believe that the scriptures do not teach eternal hell and that they do teach the eventual salvation of all mankind. I did not find this in any other source. I also believe that they teach that all is out of God. I do not go beyond this. What I share is based on the scriptures, is grounded in the scriptures. There are many different beliefs out there, but I am sticking with what God shown to me in the scriptures. I am not into Buddah or anything like this. There may be some who believe in the reconciliation of all to God who are, but I am not one.

I mean no ill will towards you either, so again we will have to agree to disagree. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-26-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,402,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Pcamps, I cannot accept your view of God, so that does this make you right and me wrong? Who is to say that what you believe is correct on this? The Christian scriptures teach that all is out of God. We are more than our consciousness. I do believe that the scriptures do not teach eternal hell and that they do teach the eventual salvation of all mankind. I did not find this in any other source. I also believe that they teach that all is out of God. I do not go beyond this. What I share is based on the scriptures, is grounded in the scriptures. There are many different beliefs out there, but I am sticking with what God shown to me in the scriptures. I mean no ill will towards you either, so again we will have to agree to disagree. God bless.
But you previously held a view that eternal hell was a reality. So do you believe that believing in UR makes all your other beliefs right and there is nothing else to consider and be open too.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 PM

I held that view, pcamps, because I had not studied the scriptures on this. My belief in the salvation of all mankind is based on the scriptures and so this - the scriptures are what I test a belief by primarily. Again, I am a believer who holds to the Christian scriptures. God bless.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 PM

Do you believe in a Supreme Being, the Father of Jesus Christ?
And do you believe that Jesus is the Only Way to the Father, if you believe in the Father?
Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins, that we are sinners in need of a Savior?

God bless.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I held that view, pcamps, because I had not studied the scriptures on this. My belief in the salvation of all mankind is based on the scriptures and so this - the scriptures are what I test a belief by primarily.. Again, I am a believer who holds to the Christian scriptures. God bless.
So the scriptures read differently until you heard of the belief in UR. Be truthful, for I believe you studied and was learnt in the scriptures before you believed in UR, just like the rest of us including Saul of Tarsus.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:26 PM

No, I had not studied it out. I accepted what I had been taught, pcamps. I was brought up in a congregation that believed in eternal hell and it was the accepted teaching. I came to a point in my life when I did not believe that God would punish people for all of eternity because He is described as agape love. I prayed to God about it. Then I studied this out when I came across some readings on Biblical Universal Salvation. Now will you answer my questions?

God bless.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:29 PM

"The substance of all things is consciousness. We cannot be anything other than what we are conscious of " Where does this come from? Where is God, the Father of Jesus Christ, in these statements?

Old 07-26-2014, 09:39 PM

Pcamps, will you answer my questions?

Do you believe in a Supreme Being, the Father of Jesus Christ?
And do you believe that Jesus is the Only Way to the Father, if you believe in the Father?
Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins, that we are sinners in need of a Savior?

Old 07-26-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
No, I had not studied it out. I accepted what I had been taught, pcamps. I was brought up in a congregation that believed in eternal hell and it was the accepted teaching. I came to a point in my life when I did not believe that God would punish people for all of eternity because He is described as agape love. I prayed to God about it. Then I studied this out when I came across some readings on Biblical Universal Salvation. Now will you answer my questions?

God bless.
Shana i believe you were a student of the scriptures and rejected what you had been taught by men( lets be honest) and believed what you were taught by men with a different conception of the scriptures. For there are not many who who were formerly ensnared in the doctrine of eternal hell that had a ah moment.

Yes i will answer any question you put to me, why wouldn't i.?.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:50 PM

Pcamps, I told you my experience, so you can reject this or accept this. I have been honest. Why would you think otherwise? There have been many who have had an aha moment. I have read what they have written. I wait for your response to my questions. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity