Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 03:37 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,131,853 times

Advertisements

God clearly hates.

If, after death, you find yourself in Hell, then it's pretty certain God hates you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 03:38 PM

14,921 posts, read 17,254,394 times
Quote:
I read of a similar instance recently, the teacher took it to God in prayer and
after praying began to see the unruly child how she would like to see him and
the child within a short period of time became a good student. The teachers
focus no longer upon what the child was doing but on seeing the child being the
good student.
Why did the teacher even take it to God in prayer, if she did not want something to change? Was she opposed to the child being an unruly student or did she want him to stay this way? Was she happy when the child became a good student? I took it to God in prayer too, Pcamps, and also did what needed to be done to keep the environment safe and an environment in which children could learn. Focusing on the child being a good student in this case, did not prevent shoes from being thrown at other students and did not prevent him from turning over desks to disrupt learning. So we had to do what we could do to change the behavior. God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:40 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hate=opposition, I already stated that this is how I use the word, Mystic. I said that there was no emotion attached to it. God bless.
I know you have, Shana . . . but when you use the word Hate those who hear it do NOT hear mere unemotional opposition!!! You cannot use the word without being misunderstood and causing others to misunderstand God. Hate should NEVER be associated with God under any circumstances for ANY reason. It is too strong, destructive and powerful a negative human emotion that will never be understood as anything else.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:44 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Why did the teacher even take it to God in prayer, if she did not want something to change? Was she opposed to the child being an unruly student or did she want him to stay this way? Was she happy when the child became a good student? I took it to God in prayer too, Pcamps, and also did what needed to be done to keep the environment safe and an environment in which children could learn. God bless and peace.
But it was the shift in focus that was the answer not the opposition to the problem. God is not exposing sin and his hate towards it he is always showing the answer.

I see the Lord before me.

And peace to you Shana.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 PM

Mystic, maybe others will be prompted to do some research of their own. Everyone did not understand it that way because the dictionary gives the different meanings that it had in the OT times. God bless.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:49 PM

Pcamps, wasn't the shift in focus because the teacher was opposed to the problem? Did she want it to stay like this? Did she want a solution to the problem? I believe that sin is exposed in us as we walk with the Lord. He shows us the things in us that need to change as we grow closer to Him. There may even be some things about ourselves that we don't recognize as being wrong, until God reveals this. For example a minister was speaking about an experience in which he became upset because he failed to realize that a member of to the congregation was ill. The member passed and the minister said that he became angry with God because this had not been revealed to him. As he continued on, he said that he later realized that he was wrong in his anger and in thinking that God was even supposed to reveal this to him. He realized that he had been arrogant in thinking that just because he was the minister, he should have known, because this was his "flock" He did not even realize that he had this wrong attitude until God revealed this. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-26-2014 at 04:33 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 03:57 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
Pcamps, wasn't the shift in focus because the teacher was opposed to the problem? Did she want it to stay like this? Did she want a solution to the problem? God bless.
Shana,let me say this, it is a very hard saying which i believe is absolutely true but i struggle with myself, that there is nothing in our lives that we did not create. We eat the fruit of our lips. In other words our words create all that is in our life. Take it or leave it.

I took the push broom to work the other day and my thoughts were the wife is going to say where is the broom or what have you done with it, even though i have rarely seen her use it . My niece just as i am writing knocked an aloe vera plant over in the bedroom and my wife just asked me where the broom is.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:03 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know you have, Shana . . . but when you use the word Hate those who hear it do NOT hear mere unemotional opposition!!! You cannot use the word without being misunderstood and causing others to misunderstand God. Hate should NEVER be associated with God under any circumstances for ANY reason. It is too strong, destructive and powerful a negative human emotion that will never be understood as anything else.
Quote:
Mystic, maybe others will be prompted to do some research of their own. Everyone did not understand it that way because the dictionary gives the different meanings that it had in the OT times. God bless.
But we are not in OT times and the meanings of words in today's English dominate. Why should we let the choice of some embittered old monk estranged from his own family and hating his life and the world color our understanding of scripture because of his choice of translation? You know only a very few are going to engage in any research, Shana. Why this attachment to the word hate in reference to God. It only serves to legitimize human hatred if God is believed to hate.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Shana,let me say this, it is a very hard saying which i believe is absolutely
true but i struggle with myself, that there is nothing in our lives that we did
not create. We eat the fruit of our lips. In other words our words create all
that is in our life. Take it or leave it.
Pcamps, I will have to leave it. I don't believe that everything that happens in our lives is something that we have created. I think that we had this discussion before, so I will leave it at that. I know for a fact that I did not say that this little boy was going to come into my classroom and be disruptive like this . I knew nothing about him before he came. God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
God clearly hates.

If, after death, you find yourself in Hell, then it's pretty certain God hates you.
Not only does the original OP show that the truth states that God does, I'd go even further....
those who claim God does not hate, oppose the true God and are enemies of the cross.
It was only the hate of sin and sinner that God has which nailed Jesus to then cross.
And it was love for the sinner God sent Jesus to do what we could not.

Many of the same posters who reject that God hates, also reject the substitute sacrifice demanded for the payment of sin that scriptures teach that God demands.
Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Last edited by twin.spin; 07-26-2014 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity