Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 09:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You are correct, in that repentant sinners that trust Christ will not be cast into the fire. The blood of Christ has atoned for their sin. But it says nothing about non-Christians being pardoned of their sin. Even 1 Timothy that you referenced above, does not say that in context.

Where does it say that he will destroy only the sin of non-christians?
All those that hate Esau and their Mum and Dad and their kids end up in the lake of fire too, for the sole purpose to burn that hate of them. I will be on the beach of the Lake of Fire in my swimming trunks enjoying a cocktail and the beaitiful sonshine while knowing that the haters are in the good hands of him who causes all men to repent.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-26-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
(or the ever famous.. "God doesn't send people to hell... they send theirselves to hell." )
Yes sparrow and God's hate is just and holy. Talk about our minds being depraved.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Finn, I do not believe that God is a hateful God. He is described as a God of love. God is love. I don't know how you came to that conclusion from what I posted. God bless and peace.
I did not come to that conclusion, and nor do I think you believe that. I simply showed you how some people here twist other peoples words beyond recognition. Two posters here keep telling me I believe in a hateful God, although it is certainly not what I have said or implied, and nor do I believe God is a hateful God. I said God hates evil because it is contrary to His nature, but His "hate" is not human hate, because human hate has evil intentions and motivations, while God's does not.

People are quick to imply God is capable or only love, but that would end up meaning He loves even evil, which is not true.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-26-2014 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 10:31 AM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
I agree, Finn, that God's "hate" is not human hate. One word used to reference "hate" in the OT, has a range of meaning, from intense hatred to simple opposition to something or someone.

The scriptures tell us that God is love, so I accept this for what it is. 1 John 4:8,16. It is not something that is quickly implied but it is a direct revelation given to us.

"And we have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides in him." 1 John 4:16.

Agape love means doing what is best for the one that is loved. It means charity, benevolence, and has to do with God's dealings with man. It is love that expresses compassion. We know that God does not love evil, because it is contrary to His nature, character, essence, and it is not relating to God's direction toward mankind. One day evil and sin will no longer exist, but God always exists. Love always exists. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-26-2014 at 10:46 AM..

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 AM

I believe that everything that God does is because of His love. He corrects, disciplines, destroys, kills, because of He has a higher purpose. Like you said, Finn, He does not have human motivations and intent. God bless and peace.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 AM

Love knows no hate(of any form) for God is Love. In Jesus Christ,God made himself known, and i have not read of God in Christ hating on people. No calling fire down from heaven, no threats of crops failing, houses being burnt down, the ground opening up and swallowing those who rejected him and questioned his authority,no plagues or any other similar things, just a stern warning to those who held onto to handed down doctrines and traditions that if they did not accept him being all that God Is, they would die in their sins. The bible is of no use to you unless you can accept that Jesus Christ is all that God is and ever has been and ever will be.

and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ

If you have seen me you have seen God.-- Jesus Christ

Old 07-26-2014, 12:03 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
God has no use for hate.
Hate is useless, unproductive, ridiculous.

God is not an ignoramus.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love knows no hate (of any form) for God is Love. In Jesus Christ,God made himself known, and i have not read of God in Christ hating on people. No calling fire down from heaven, no threats of crops failing, houses being burnt down, the ground opening up and swallowing those who rejected him and questioned his authority, no plagues or any other similar things, just a stern warning to those who held onto to handed down doctrines and traditions that if they did not accept him being all that God Is, they would die in their sins. The bible is of no use to you unless you can accept that Jesus Christ is all that God is and ever has been and ever will be.

And this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send. -- Jesus Christ

If you have seen me you have seen God. -- Jesus Christ
And this aionios life, will be added to that of immortality.

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-26-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:

God has no use for hate.
Hate is useless, unproductive,
ridiculous.

God is not an ignoramus.
Hi .sparrow, but don't you believe that God hates or opposes that which destroys us, meaning the bondage to sin, for example? I am glad that God opposes sin that dwells in me. He "hates" it or opposes this so much that He will do away with it, so that it no longer injures, hurts, keeps us in bondage to it. I believe that God is opposed to, against, the sinful man, man of flesh that is in us.

"Sane" Hebrew word for "hate" - is a Hebrew verb used 145 in the OT ranging from intense hatred to simple opposition to people and things. It can also mean "preference for" (Key Word Study)

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-26-2014 at 12:19 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 12:14 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Cognitive dissonance: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the excessive mental stress and discomfort experienced by an individual who (1) holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time or (2) is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. Included, stress and discomfort may also arise within an individual who holds a belief and performs a contradictory action or reaction.

It is for this reason that you find so many truly crazy people inside organized religious institutions - because they know something doesn't add up, but they have been told what they MUST believe and they just accepted it and never allowed themselves the freedom to think about things. This is the power of fear in operation. The power of fear is quite incredible and only one thing can deliver from it -- Agape Love - the entrance of light in a person's heart and that cataclysmic deliverance that occurs when, for the first time, one truly trusts in God's goodness and mercy. It is then that a person is liberated to stop being frozen with the fear of punishment - fear of death - fear of rejection , etc.... Jesus said there is no fear in LOVE because fear has torment (and has to do with punishment). Anyone bound by fear or terror is not free in Christ. There are MANY on that WIDE ROAD of bondage.
Wonderful post,Heartsong! I am so glad I was able to rep you for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity