Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,759,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
Let me give you a clue why the true body of Christ rejects the 'LGBT lifestyle'. Because we believe the Bible and the Bible clearly says:

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

In the the Greek text that the Bible comes from, 'abusers of themselves with mankind' is one word;

arsenokoitēs- it means 'a sodomite'...Do you know what Sodomy is? The Bible wholly condems sodomy and tells believers to condemn it as well. It is not about hating the person, but showing them that it is wrong and that God will judge for it. If they have true faith in the power of God, they will be set free from that or any other sin that 'so easily besets them'.

Scripture warns;

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The bottom line is that they need help that can only come from God-through Jesus Christ.

(To the Mods- I realize that is a touchy post, but it is a foundational teaching of the Bible. If you are going to have a religious forum you are going to have to allow us to speak it. It is no different that having a forum where people can talk about their sexual preferences).

The fact is, for those who reject God, He warns that he will give them over to those very things...

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

It comes down to whether or not you believe the Bible is true and whether or not God will hold to His words on the day of judgment. Eternity is a long time to be wrong....To those who do not want to stand for the truth, you are denying Him before men and He will deny you before the angels of Heaven.

TC
Lots of Pauline Christianity in your post. But what did Jesus have to say about it? Nothing at all. Guess He must have been as interested in them as he was the gluttons, drunkards, and prostitutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:14 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,881,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Lots of Pauline Christianity in your post. But what did Jesus have to say about it? Nothing at all. Guess He must have been as interested in them as he was the gluttons, drunkards, and prostitutes.
To be fair, He did say:

Matthew 19

He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,987,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
To be fair, He did say:

Matthew 19

He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Which, of course is DEScriptive, not PREscriptive.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:26 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,324,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If a pastor comes out and says he doesnt agree with the LGBT lifestyle, he is attacked and labeled hate speech, bigoted, and more... yet the bible CLEARLY says the LGBT lifestyle is a sin, yet they still want to take part in a religion that 100% says what they are doing is wrong and must be repented of.

All Christians need to keep taking a stand and not allowing this sexually immoral lifestyle to be accepted in their churches. Churches should welcome all, but the sin must be repented of whether its gay sex outside of marriage, straight sex outside of marriage or adultery. They are all sexual immorality and the bible says it is a sin and if you practice that lifestyle and die unrepentant in your sins, you will not go to heaven. Thats in the OT and NT.
Then apparently you're not familiar with many denominations within Christianity that don't practice bigotry toward gay people.

I'm gay and married, so I'm good

Now, on with your heterosexual lifestyle.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:27 PM

64,116 posts, read 40,427,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So what you're saying is that the Gospel, which tells us that certain behavior is sinful, is offensive? And that you're ok with a church, as long as it's just a social club to go to, and you don't get told that you ought to actually adhere to some standards?
It is NOT and never has been about the behavior, Vizio. It has always been about the state of mind. It is our state of mind that defines our behavior . . . not our behavior that defines our state of mind! That is why it is impossible to sin when we are operating in the state of mind of agape love. This is a troubling fact that places in jeopardy even those things we pretend are okay . . . depending on our state of mind.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:33 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,881,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
To be fair, He did say:

Matthew 19

He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Which, of course is DEScriptive, not PREscriptive.
The words "made" and "for this reason" say you're wrong.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,322,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Holy crikey, I had no idea there were people that still thought this!
There's 7 or 8 of them on this forum alone.

Fortunately, they're a dying breed.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:56 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,272,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The standards of the Bible were based on ancient societies. We have evolved since then. Many things in the Bible go against our standards today, so it must be thrown out as "outdated."
What makes you think that? Why do you believe we are better with today's standards?
Quote:
Fundamentalist Christians have already thrown out the Old Testament because its laws are outdated.
I'm one that you'd probably call a "Fundamentalist Christian". My Bible contains the Old Testament, and I frequently quote from it when I preach.
Quote:
As soon as they accept homosexuality in their own churches, guess what they will throw out next: The New Testament.
That is certainly true. I've never seen a church that is gay-affirming that is also Bible-affirming.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,176,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
No, you are focused on the Men who wrote the Bible, giving them all your faith and trust.

I trust only what God speaks through my heart.
I can trust no man.

Show us where God gave the okay for a man to sleep with a man or woman to sleep with a woman?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,319,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never seen a church that is gay-affirming that is also Bible-affirming.
Please tell us how many church services you've attended in churches with with gay membership? One? Five? 14? 78?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity