Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 08:47 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times

Advertisements

Only a few will be saved ,not the many. Jesus.
Satan tried to twist the scrptures on Jesus Matthew 4; but he didn't fall for it, beause He loved His Father more than the approval of man.
Many of you are no christian at all, given that in you, it is only a theology/philosiphy , not a relationship.
There is no obedience to the Holy Spirit , He is not in you.
Justification for selfish behavior does not exist in Jesus teaching then now or ever .
homosexuality is strictly selfish and lustful, as with many other ungodly behaviors, like lies and deception .
Though I have acquaintence with them , I also have acquaintence wih other people to that are sinful and unsaved and abuse them self with mankind .
I do not compromise with their lifestyle even though they attempt to persuaide me .
I have come to realize that trying to convince some one to change is futal.
If a person does not wish to love God ,though one might convince them to buy a fire extinguisher , (repent and ask Jesus into their heart as a formality in an attempt to avoid gudgment ) if it is a false comitment, one has done a disservice, and not actually made introduction to God a all.
And there are thousands that have made such a comitment , and done nothing more to pursue the relationship with God at all.
Jesus comisioned the disciples to make disciples to Him, not them selves.
Paul twisted the gospel to fit his own definition, and teach the opposit , one of, his definition of grace, (being of greek influence) comprormise to the world, not obedience to God.
Love from God's perspective is very different than Paul's perspective.
God can teach those that love Him ,how to love their neighbor, seeing that God knows their heart, and their true need better than I can .
Jesus said ,ye are the salt of the earth, but if the salt have lost it savor, it is thrown out, and trampled under the foot of men.
Salt was at that time a preservitive , an antibiodic if you will.
But if it has lost it's capacity to work, it's credibility is gone .
So it is with christianity and those that compromise JESUS GOSPEL, and water it down.
God does not compromise with rebellion/sin .
Many of you will never know God's govern in your life, being afraid that God should ask you something to do you don't wish to do.
Proof of unbelief, distrust.
Not faith in nor love for God.
It has always been God's design to teach man from the beginning,
Cercumventing this, has always lead to trouble.

God made male and femle, and told them to be fruitful and multiply.
That is God's design.
Defiance to that design is rebellion. In human tems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 09:16 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Only a few will be saved ,not the many. Jesus.
Satan tried to twist the scrptures on Jesus Matthew 4; but he didn't fall for it, beause He loved His Father more than the approval of man.
Many of you are no christian at all, given that in you, it is only a theology/philosiphy , not a relationship.
There is no obedience to the Holy Spirit , He is not in you.
Justification for selfish behavior does not exist in Jesus teaching then now or ever .
homosexuality is strictly selfish and lustful, as with many other ungodly behaviors, like lies and deception .
Though I have acquaintence with them , I also have acquaintence wih other people to that are sinful and unsaved and abuse them self with mankind .
I do not compromise with their lifestyle even though they attempt to persuaide me .
I have come to realize that trying to convince some one to change is futal.
If a person does not wish to love God ,though one might convince them to buy a fire extinguisher , (repent and ask Jesus into their heart as a formality in an attempt to avoid gudgment ) if it is a false comitment, one has done a disservice, and not actually made introduction to God a all.
And there are thousands that have made such a comitment , and done nothing more to pursue the relationship with God at all.
Jesus comisioned the disciples to make disciples to Him, not them selves.
Paul twisted the gospel to fit his own definition, and teach the opposit , one of, his definition of grace, (being of greek influence) comprormise to the world, not obedience to God.
Love from God's perspective is very different than Paul's perspective.
God can teach those that love Him ,how to love their neighbor, seeing that God knows their heart, and their true need better than I can .
Jesus said ,ye are the salt of the earth, but if the salt have lost it savor, it is thrown out, and trampled under the foot of men.
Salt was at that time a preservitive , an antibiodic if you will.
But if it has lost it's capacity to work, it's credibility is gone .
So it is with christianity and those that compromise JESUS GOSPEL, and water it down.
God does not compromise with rebellion/sin .
Many of you will never know God's govern in your life, being afraid that God should ask you something to do you don't wish to do.
Proof of unbelief, distrust.
Not faith in nor love for God.
It has always been God's design to teach man from the beginning,
Cercumventing this, has always lead to trouble.

God made male and femle, and told them to be fruitful and multiply.
That is God's design.
Defiance to that design is rebellion. In human tems.
Nonsense.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nonsense.

The first sentence was nonsense, so the rest of it had nowhere to go.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
arleigh, your only real problem is demonstrated in your failure to justify the perception that "homosexuality is strictly selfish and lustful." Could you please explain how homosexual activity expressed in a mutual relationship is any more so than heterosexual activity in a mutual relationship?

Old 07-04-2015, 09:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My family has always celebrated. My folks were ahead of their time, and church going Catholic to boot.

Not once, growing up did I wonder what anyone did in their private moments. These people were our friends and family. They loved us, and we loved them.

The church lost its' way. We never lost ours.
My mother had a cousin who was gay. Most of the family denied the fact that he had a life partner. They did everything they could to justify the fact Joe lived with the same man for 40 years and make him straight.

My parents, from the time I was a small child, accepted that he was gay. There was never any question about accepting Joe and his partner. Joe was a great guy and he and my mother had been close friends since childhood.

Joe met his life partner while they were in the Army in WWII. Both served in the South Pacific, saw heavy combat and were honored for their bravery.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Touching story. I absolutely agree that Christians have done wrong in regards to treatment of gay people.

But do we define truth by emotional response?
We don't define truth by a book of fiction, either.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That is correct as stated, however, you have not shown be what is immoral about a loving same sex relationship. Where is the harm?
the harm?

1) God forbids it (yes in the NT as well)
2) God declares it as not honoring him
3) God declares you are not ownership of your body
4) God declares it as being idolatry
5) God declares that one who continues to engage in it and those who approve of those who do deserve his righteous decree ... death
  • "death" = we know how Jesus defined death by only what the Holy Spirit had written by reading John 11:25-26, John 3:36 and Rev 2:11

Old 07-04-2015, 10:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
the harm?

1) God forbids it (yes in the NT as well)
2) God declares it as not honoring him
3) God declares you are not ownership of your body
4) God declares it as being idolatry
5) God declares that one who continues to engage in it and those who approve of those who do deserve his righteous decree ... death
  • "death" = we know how Jesus defined death by only what the Holy Spirit had written by reading John 11:25-26, John 3:36 and Rev 2:11
Twin, that is just your imagination, not actual or demonstrable harm. God declared that acts of selfishness or exploitation in sex are bad and they are demonstrably so. Demonstrate the harm of a loving relationship.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:35 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My mother had a cousin who was gay. Most of the family denied the fact that he had a life partner. They did everything they could to justify the fact Joe lived with the same man for 40 years and make him straight.

My parents, from the time I was a small child, accepted that he was gay. There was never any question about accepting Joe and his partner. Joe was a great guy and he and my mother had been close friends since childhood.

Joe met his life partner while they were in the Army in WWII. Both served in the South Pacific, saw heavy combat and were honored for their bravery.
That is the true meaning of love.

too soon to rep.

Old 07-04-2015, 11:38 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Touching story. I absolutely agree that Christians have done wrong in regards to treatment of gay people.

But do we define truth by emotional response?
It is the only story, Viz. The truth is right before your eyes. All you have to do is see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity