Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 04:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Befriending you now.

I supported the LGBT community, since I was already a part of it, technically. But the real turning point came when I was attending a "progressive" church that basically denounced that gays could even have a "real" relationship to start with, and I walked out of the church.

Twin, it sounds like you're talking about precisely people like you. People who do evil will not inherit the kingdom of God. Why do they say "do not be deceived?" It is because people who do evil are people who publicly call themselves Christians, and yet do evil against their fellow man. I've seen a few in my day, little old ladies that judge others as sinful because they read the Bible more. Trendy young people who like "praise" worship but when someone comes to them with a real problem, they turn them away. People who fixate on their own fears, and cannot love someone different from them, because they are afraid they will "catch" gayness.

Which is more important, a person who claims to do the will of God, or the one who does it? Doing evil is not drinking, smoking, swearing, and homosexual sex. Evil is rape, murder, hatred, injustice, isolating people, and forcing people into crime or poverty to survive.
I see you have edited the last post to include more, so...

God the Holy Spirit inspired the words "do not be deceived: " for a very good reason, because the opposing opinion is not the truth and has serious eternal consequences if followed \ listened to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 04:25 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

God the Holy Spirit inspired the words "do not be deceived: " for a very good reason, because the opposing opinion is not the truth and has serious eternal consequences if followed \ listened to.
Then why are you?

Old 07-04-2015, 04:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
I knew that a rational response was not going to happen, but you have to try. How can you talk about love to people who don't know how it works?

Old 07-04-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
God via Paul in Romans 2:1

Twin.spin

Just don't continue to do so.
1) and as usual taking text out of context and not looking at the qualifier ... it's not judging per say but judging a wrongful actions while "do(ing) the same thing" .. for example to condemn not returning books to the library and yet you don't return books and have past due fines.

... whew, now you need-int use that sound bit anymore where I'm concerned when I repeat what God condemns concerning this topic.

2) Jesus makes very plain the necessity to judge others in Matthew 7:6, and assures in Matthew 7:16 -20 "judging" is the only way possible to recognize "that by their fruit (lifestyle including teaching) we will recognize false prophets"

Old 07-04-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Then why are you?
Because "the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."

Old 07-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I knew that a rational response was not going to happen, but you have to try. How can you talk about love to people who don't know how it works?
How ... by pointing to the cross of Christ and what took place there. John 3:15-36

but realize that Jesus doesn't just simply leave it at "love ..that's all folks", he also said to the same woman: "now go and leave your life of sin". Loving God has a reactionary component to it, one that conforms to Godly living.

Which is why Paul doesn't leave it as "Love .. that's all folks" in Colossians 3:5.
Neither does John leave it as "Love .. that's all folks" as inspired by God in 1 John 3:8-9

Old 07-04-2015, 05:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
How ... by pointing to the cross of Christ and what took place there. John 3:15-36

but realize that Jesus doesn't just simply leave it at "love ..that's all folks", he also said to the same woman: "now go and leave your life of sin". Loving God has a reactionary component to it, one that conforms to Godly living.

Which is why Paul doesn't leave it as "Love .. that's all folks" in Colossians 3:5.
Neither does John leave it as "Love .. that's all folks" as inspired by God in 1 John 3:8-9
Absolutely correct, twin, but you miss an important element: love is the basis for all of that action, You work not from a set of rules, but from a concern for the well-being of everyone in any action under consideration. "The letter kills, but the spirit gives life." That and many other references should give you a strong idea that just quoting or using your understanding of the words without that concern is going to lead you wrong. When you have that concern, you find out, using any tool required what really IS the best for everyone in the situation at hand. Whose benefit are you concerned with, twin, and how does that work?

Old 07-04-2015, 05:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
gays are not the problem or issue never were
Evil has no gender no Color no sexual orientation no religion either
evil can change form any time
Here is the issue

At what point did you believe the lie that there is no evil and no sin?
At what point did you come to believe the victim is guilty of the crime
If we hope to escape destruction we must own our stuff and stop flipping it and spinning it

Old 07-04-2015, 06:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
gays are not the problem or issue never were
Evil has no gender no Color no sexual orientation no religion either
evil can change form any time
Here is the issue

At what point did you believe the lie that there is no evil and no sin?
At what point did you come to believe the victim is guilty of the crime
If we hope to escape destruction we must own our stuff and stop flipping it and spinning it
At what point did you start to believe god-n-the-tiny-box was OPPRESSIVE, HATEFUL, VENGEFUL, JEALOUS, and other wise BIGOTED??

Old 07-04-2015, 08:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Because "the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."
Subjective, not all become wise just because they quote their Bibles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity