Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:22 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,519,527 times

Advertisements

Read Matthew 24 alone then the global headlines...we are most certainly in end times!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 09:46 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,925,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patboyc View Post
Oh I do believe we are in the end days!!!!!

People are so mean and cruel now and don't care of anyone else......... The bible is right..... It's getting worse daily..... I can't stand how cruel people are, people that used to be my friends..... (For one thing) -- I don't feel like I belong on this earth anymore.... I feel trapped in a hell I don't belong in

I have been trying to get closer to God lately..... We will need him in the coming months!!
Well, I don't know that my feelings are quite as extreme as yours are but I can sort of relate to what you say. Yes, I realize that others may cast sarcasm at anyone who may allude to what might be considered 'last day events' ...especially when they come from a Bible perspective ...but I do admit that "I" sometimes instinctively feel that some inevitable event is just around the corner waiting to happen. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, as the expression goes. Are 'instincts' an important part of the make up of a human being? I think so. Otherwise we wouldn't have them.

Anyway, I do agree with you - and I'm speaking in generalities here - that people have become vengeful, self-absorbed and less concerned for others, addicted to technology, and easily manipulated by the popular media. The latter tells us what to think on a daily basis to the point where our own minds have become almost unnecessary. Why do we need to actually think when others can do it for us? Most all of us are basically lazy and prefer to be spoon fed. Yes, most of us nowadays are under the influence of media forces whether they care to admit it or not. Then again, most don't even know that they are being manipulated. Brainwashing is subtle. And yet these same brainwashed people (who don't realize that they are brainwashed) accuse Christians of being brainwashed ...which, admittedly, many of them are. But, it becomes a case of 'Pot, meet kettle'. Give me a show of hands who is NOT brainwashed in one form or another? I'll bet that not one person can do so if they are being honest.

As a former active member with the 7th-day Adventist Church I was very interested in their Daniel/Revelation Seminars that were held every now and again. These seminars pointed to what were seen to be last day events from a Bible perspective. They went through a historical timeline from the past right up to present day ...and beyond. Even now, as a former active member of the SDA Church, I do wonder as to how accurate they were ...or are. Obviously, I don't know if the Bible is to be believed when it comes to its predictions of end times. But I DO sense that human kind can't continue on what I see as a downward spiral. We are becoming dumber and dumber by the day due to reliance on technology as well as more hateful and vindictive (oh, SO vindictive) than I would imagine at any other time in earth's history. It seems that everyone wants to stomp on someone else. Getting back at others for past wrongs and destroying them in the process is the 'in thing'. This is encouraged and, in fact, celebrated and seen as 'healthy'.

Being laughed at by others for whatever views I might express doesn't worry me these days as it once might have. Yes, I guess that I too once wanted to be a part of 'the tribe' although not fully. These days, probably due to encroaching old age and becoming increasingly crabby with everyone and everything, 'the tribe' bores the crap out of me. But anyway, back on topic, whatever may be around the corner would be inevitable anyway. There's nothing we can do about it if it was intended by ? to be a part of some huge 'cosmic plan'.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:34 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,488,001 times
Yes.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The Big Bang was the beginning of the end times.

Your birth was the beginning of your end times.
Someone dying compared to the real end, (second coming), are two entirely different things...when the second coming happens, it will be a HUGE event, to everyone living and dead, even those that died 1000s of years ago.

I see so many people thinking 'the end of the world happens for lots of people every day, all over the world'...that is not even remotely true... they have died, thats it...when the REAL END comes, they will suddenly be back on the earth, gathered for battle on the field of HArmageddon.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:54 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,065,490 times
No.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 AM

88,680 posts, read 84,998,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Someone dying compared to the real end, (second coming), are two entirely different things...when the second coming happens, it will be a HUGE event, to everyone living and dead, even those that died 1000s of years ago.

I see so many people thinking 'the end of the world happens for lots of people every day, all over the world'...that is not even remotely true... they have died, thats it...when the REAL END comes, they will suddenly be back on the earth, gathered for battle on the field of HArmageddon.
That's not a real thing, though, just a symbolic story from the book of Revelation. For every person alive right now, there are about 15 dead, so it doesn't seem like these billions and billions of formerly-dead people are all going to fit on any field on this planet.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

That's silly.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,736,008 times
Yes "end times" .. Not the end ...... But it is a longer
"the end is not yet "times than we are prepared for.
Moderator cut: This isn't the Current Events forum. .... Israel / she is a timeline .. So we pray and watch knowing the scriptures and his prophesies about her.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-15-2019 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: Removing stuff irrelevant to Christianity.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:57 AM

2,140 posts, read 363,487 times
I’ve been alive for several decades and the declaration regarding end times is basically a yearly event. (If/when a certain ideology feels threatened)

Scientifically speaking... umm...

Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 AM

2,140 posts, read 363,487 times
It would be convenient, politically, perhaps, for those who back big fossil fuel companies to get folks to think that it’s not climate change, but end times and therefore Gods will and not correctable?

That’s some scary propaganda...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity