Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 12:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
thumbs up from me Rbbi1. When I came across the carnal mind versus mind of Christ teaching in Livelystone's book, I lapped it up.

I'm afraid the issue of lack of faith, poor spiritual understanding, and trolling by atheists is making CD Christianity a waste land, like Damascus. All I hear is "come out from them". He wants the company of prophets in the wilderness and will gather them there, by individually calling them. I count it as God's will and doing that I met you and Livelystone's on here - that is God connecting people one by one for His purpose, but the vast proportion of what goes on on here is drivel, ...chaff.

Fact is there is several forms of perversion.
Most often those who who engage in sexual immorality (which includes same sex) or those who approve of - defend it will always have a perversion of Biblical teaching.

This OP surely proves that those approve of \ practice sexual immorality attempt to justify themselves with their false teaching are as God describes them:
"these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals,
creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish. ...

They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—

.. they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh."

Old 03-29-2016, 12:27 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
thumbs up from me Rbbi1. When I came across the carnal mind versus mind of Christ teaching in Livelystone's book, I lapped it up.

I'm afraid the issue of lack of faith, poor spiritual understanding, and trolling by atheists is making CD Christianity a waste land, like Damascus. All I hear is "come out from them". He wants the company of prophets in the wilderness and will gather them there, by individually calling them. I count it as God's will and doing that I met you and Livelystone's on here - that is God connecting people one by one for His purpose, but the vast proportion of what goes on on here is drivel, ...chaff.
I'm not sure how you could possibly think Rbbi1 has 'out-spiritually understood' Warden...So far, He can't even "out-scripture" him. For some silly reason, you guys think you have a "greater spiritual understanding" of homosexuality inspite of the fact you ignore the highly questionable scriptural context of the verses (not to mention other scriptures that make the context even more questionable), recent discoveries in science and nature that show its not as "unnatural" as you've always claimed or think Paul does, and haven't even come close to defeating or in many cases now, even addressing the arguments presented to you...No you do not have better spiritual understanding...infact, your guy's spiritual understanding is probably more in line with the slave owners of the Confederate south trying to biblically justify slavery inspite of the very different context...Bottom line: CONTEXT MATTERS!....You as a UR should understand as well as anyone.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
@ WardenDresden......And I am sorry you can't grasp spiritual principles AT ALL, which, during the explaining of which, I made it VERY PLAIN, apply to ALL HUMANITY, and instead chose to revert to the usual tactics of name-calling and distortion of what was said by the poster, with the intent to imply a specific singling out of individuals has occurred, rather than a singling out of PRINCIPLES WHICH APPLY TO ALL HUMANITY.

And I said, LESSER, because anything done in the flesh is a lesser grievance to Him than the HEART sin, which is what He called the Pharisees on the carpet about (inside of the cup), because the head is always judged more severely than the body, due to more knowledge and therefore greater accountability. And so as I stated, ignoring the SPIRITUAL principle that underlies the outer grievance you CAN SEE, is of far greater consequence for the individual. And the kicker is (that I didn't point out), is that you don't have to give life to what is in your heart by participation in the flesh, to have that same thing in your heart. Which is why none can judge without being judged BY THE SAME MEASURE.

And you clearly didn't use the right resource for looking up the word in Hebrew for Sodom, which is BURNING, coming from an unused root word meaning, TO TORCH. If you like, I'll spell it for you in Hebrew letter by Hebrew letter, complete with an accompanying meaning of each of the letters.

Also, Gomorrah comes from a word meaning, a ruin, and from a root word that means to pile up or chastise (like piling up blows), and to count grain (SEEDS), to make merchandise of.

Which is exactly what the carnal mind does: it strikes blows to His image (the image that can only be seen via His Spirit and thereby conform the beholder into that same image) to make it unrecognizable so that none should desire it, sells Him out just as Ismael did to hang onto some flesh, and takes on as many unrighteous thoughts (seeds) as it possibly can in preparation for the HARVEST.

I rejected what He told me to reject, which is the G-d-less carnally minded interpretations of His Word that have no LIFE in them, in whoever or wherever they might be found. As for looking inwards, true knowledge comes through His Spirit and comes with a PRICE, which anyone that has paid it, would know.

As for hospitality to my gay brothers and sisters, I am offering them the same covering He offers all mankind, which is what we are accountable for. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 03-29-2016 at 01:21 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 01:55 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I'm not sure how you could possibly think Rbbi1 has 'out-spiritually understood' Warden...So far, He can't even "out-scripture" him. For some silly reason, you guys think you have a "greater spiritual understanding" of homosexuality inspite of the fact you ignore the highly questionable scriptural context of the verses (not to mention other scriptures that make the context even more questionable), recent discoveries in science and nature that show its not as "unnatural" as you've always claimed or think Paul does, and haven't even come close to defeating or in many cases now, even addressing the arguments presented to you...No you do not have better spiritual understanding...infact, your guy's spiritual understanding is probably more in line with the slave owners of the Confederate south trying to biblically justify slavery inspite of the very different context...Bottom line: CONTEXT MATTERS!....You as a UR should understand as well as anyone.
I wouldn't try to out scripture or out understand warden. The only thing worth trying to out warden in is weighing and testing of spirit. How warden can be juxtaposed to Rbbi1 is beyond me, ...unless it comes down to the reductionism associated with everything boils down to agape love tripe that he and his congregants come out with every now and again.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Fact is there is several forms of perversion.
Most often those who who engage in sexual immorality (which includes same sex) or those who approve of - defend it will always have a perversion of Biblical teaching.

So rwin.spin, how do you check the validity of YOUR interpretations that I consider perversions of Biblical teaching?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So rwin.spin, how do you check the validity of YOUR interpretations that I consider perversions of Biblical teaching?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
@ WardenDresden......And I am sorry you can't grasp spiritual principles AT ALL, which, during the explaining of which, I made it VERY PLAIN, apply to ALL HUMANITY, and instead chose to revert to the usual tactics of name-calling and distortion of what was said by the poster, with the intent to imply a specific singling out of individuals has occurred, rather than a singling out of PRINCIPLES WHICH APPLY TO ALL HUMANITY.

And I said, LESSER, because anything done in the flesh is a lesser grievance to Him than the HEART sin, which is what He called the Pharisees on the carpet about (inside of the cup), because the head is always judged more severely than the body, due to more knowledge and therefore greater accountability. And so as I stated, ignoring the SPIRITUAL principle that underlies the outer grievance you CAN SEE, is of far greater consequence for the individual. And the kicker is (that I didn't point out), is that you don't have to give life to what is in your heart by participation in the flesh, to have that same thing in your heart. Which is why none can judge without being judged BY THE SAME MEASURE.

And you clearly didn't use the right resource for looking up the word in Hebrew for Sodom, which is BURNING, coming from an unused root word meaning, TO TORCH. If you like, I'll spell it for you in Hebrew letter by Hebrew letter, complete with an accompanying meaning of each of the letters.

Also, Gomorrah comes from a word meaning, a ruin, and from a root word that means to pile up or chastise (like piling up blows), and to count grain (SEEDS), to make merchandise of.

Which is exactly what the carnal mind does: it strikes blows to His image (the image that can only be seen via His Spirit and thereby conform the beholder into that same image) to make it unrecognizable so that none should desire it, sells Him out just as Ismael did to hang onto some flesh, and takes on as many unrighteous thoughts (seeds) as it possibly can in preparation for the HARVEST.

I rejected what He told me to reject, which is the G-d-less carnally minded interpretations of His Word that have no LIFE in them, in whoever or wherever they might be found. As for looking inwards, true knowledge comes through His Spirit and comes with a PRICE, which anyone that has paid it, would know.

As for hospitality to my gay brothers and sisters, I am offering them the same covering He offers all mankind, which is what we are accountable for. Peace
They are not looking for hospitality, they are demanding that you declare homosexuality is not sinful. Until you do that, you will be accused of hatred, bigotry, inhospitality and for being an ignorant and bad Christian. Differing views will not be tolerated, and the insults will not end until you do what they demand.

Remember 1 Peter 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

Ironically the definition of a bigot is this: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Whether the Bible is absolute truth or not, all you are saying is that you check your interpretations aginst your interpretations.

FAIL

Old 03-29-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Whether the Bible is absolute truth or not, all you are saying is that you check your interpretations aginst your interpretations.

FAIL
But the Bible is the absolute truth ... thus in reality it is you who that is checking your interpretations against your interpretations.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are not looking for hospitality, they are demanding that you declare homosexuality is not sinful. Until you do that, you will be accused of hatred, bigotry, inhospitality and for being an ignorant and bad Christian. Differing views will not be tolerated, and the insults will not end until you do what they demand.

Remember 1 Peter 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.

Ironically the definition of a bigot is this: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
Of course they are not, they are interested in lording themselves with an inner spirit, idolatrous and blasphemous manifesto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity