Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 09:35 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You obviously do not if you are offended by someone saying they don't sin, because this is absolutely possible for the man/woman who lives out of the new creation. You speak like all fundamentalists do, like you are still the old creation....... I have news for you........ that old creation is passed away, it's all new now. The new creation man does not sin neither can he sin. The new creation which we are is the workmanship of God. The bottom line is, if you, I or finn jarber are missing the mark it is because we are not living by the grace that came by Jesus Christ, but have subjected ourselves to the Law and the effect of it, which is sin and death.

It is about time you fundamentalist believe what the scriptures say over your beliefs. It is sin that is condemned not the sinner, it is self condemnation not God condemnation that comes upon you when you miss the mark, when we miss the mark God is not condemning us and neither should you condemn yourself(you were never told to), just acknowledge you have missed the mark and get yourself back onto to the path of grace instead of making the fuss you fundamentalists make about what you assume is sin. If you invested more time in what righteousness is instead of wasting your time wondering what sin is(missing the mark through unbelief), you might start understanding the scriptures which I feel you all too.
Even the redeemed continue to sin, although hopefully less and less. Paul admitted as much. To say otherwise is unrealistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Jimmie..... Jesus called a woman bound by satan for 38 years a "Daughter of Abraham"........what a fantastic statement that was by him........... And the satan that bound her those 38 years were those who called her a cripple. You should call folk what they are not what they are not.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That is awesome for you. You have made it some sort of mission to have a scripture throw down in an attempt to call me a liar. It is odd. Amusing , but odd all the same.

That does not work for me. You want me to prove what God already knows.

You, an admitted sinner, in need of redemption, are demanding proof I do not sin. You are calling God a liar.

Me? I believe you are a sinner. You are so sinful, you are in need of big time redemption and forgiveness for the terrible things you were doing, or are doing in your daily life. You might even be going six miles above the speed limit, too.

I am not expecting you to divulge your terrible sins to prove to me you are a sinner. I believe you.
You're right. I was in need of redemption. God redeemed me, through Christ. There is no condemnation in Christ.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Even the redeemed continue to sin, although hopefully less and less. Paul admitted as much. To say otherwise is unrealistic.
Paul admitted nothing...... he discovered that which was the cause and that which freed him from the cause.... then lived in the freedom of the knowledge of it.

Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Sunday school stuff

Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
In my eyes she is
Bless you.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Jimmie..... Jesus called a woman bound by satan for 38 years a "Daughter of Abraham"........what a fantastic statement that was by him........... And the satan that bound her those 38 years were those who called her a cripple. You should call folk what they are not what they are not.
Agreed. Christians are redeemed sinners, on a new path of spiritual maturity.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Paul admitted nothing...... he discovered that which was the cause and that which freed him from the cause.... then lived in the freedom of the knowledge of it.

Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Sunday school stuff
Yes, he did.

Romans 7:19

For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
I have to wonder why Ronk's sinless state is so annoying to jimmie and Finn?

Should they not be trying to emulate her?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have to wonder why Ronk's sinless state is so annoying to jimmie and Finn?

Should they not be trying to emulate her?
Because it's impossible, in the flesh.

I am attempting to walk in righteousness.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:49 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're right. I was in need of redemption. God redeemed me, through Christ. There is no condemnation in Christ.

Again, that is for you and God. I have no place in that whole punishment, redemption, reward model you live by. I am grateful it is there for you, and others like you; who would be doing all sorts of harm without it.

I do not have that experience with God. It is foreign to me.

I believe you.
You do not have to prove what a terrible person you were, or are, or your whole redemption thing too.
I believe you.

Punishment, redemption, reward has nothing to do with condemnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity