Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 09:55 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because it's impossible, in the flesh.

I am attempting to walk in righteousness.
It must be impossible for you. You cannot stop sinning. It is your addiction. You must sin.

According to you, sinning is in every ones nature, giving you permission to sin over, and over again because it is your nature. You get stuck on that stationary wheel. Everyone else is doing it, so you never stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Yes, he did.

Romans 7:19

For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing.
Then he saw the light and the way of victory over that which he was enslaved by.

Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Who Jimmie shall deliver me from that which I want to do but don't do?......Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!. Stop excusing yourself with "i am a sinner" for falling short of the glory of God....... The good news is, you no longer need to fall short of it.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Are you sinless, like Ronk?
Neither Ronk nor I are fundamentalists. Your beliefs do not apply to us. They apply to you and your fellow fundamentalists.

Why are you asking if I am sinless? Are you feeding the hungry? Visiting the sick? Helping your shut-in neighbor? Fundamentalists spend WAY too much time trying to tell everyone else they are dirty sinners. That does NOTHING to help the poor and the sick and the lonely.

Stop pointing fingers and throwing stones and worry about the sin of neglecting to help children who have to sell their bodies in order to survive. You want to know about sin? I have a VERY long list. Going 5 MPH over the speed limit is not on it.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:58 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Because it's impossible, in the flesh.

I am attempting to walk in righteousness.
Thank you for your response, jimmie.

I wish you well in your attempts to stay upright in the sight of your God.

Perhaps it would help if you asked Ronk for some tips?

Old 11-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Agreed. Christians are redeemed sinners, on a new path of spiritual maturity.
Jesus did not call her a cripple....... he called her a Daughter of Abraham. You just don't see it do you?. She was bound in the belief of what she was told she was...... rather than who she really is.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Dear Finn,

I do not lie. If you lie, it is between you and God, and I have no place in your relationship. What you used to think is also yours to carry.

I am a good person. I do not lie. I do not sin. I have no motivation to do either.

You keep twisting yourself, and failing to prove me wrong, because you are inherently a terrible man without the punishment, redemption, reward model.

You do not have one fact at your disposal about me other than I do not sin. You keep comparing me to you ,and the fact you were a terrible human being before you found Christ.

Love,
Ronk
You lied in the post I quoted. It seems you are just into denying reality.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:18 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
It must be impossible for you. You cannot stop sinning. It is your addiction. You must sin.

According to you, sinning is in every ones nature, giving you permission to sin over, and over again because it is your nature. You get stuck on that stationary wheel. Everyone else is doing it, so you never stop.
You misrepresent what I said. Christians don't have "permission" to sin. Repentance means turning away from sin. Even so, it is impossible to be sinless in the flesh.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Even the redeemed continue to sin, although hopefully less and less. Paul admitted as much. To say otherwise is unrealistic.
I think it boils down to the "I'm a good person, I don't sin" argument where people are offended by the suggestion they need a savior to forgive their sins. Lot of us have been on that path.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You misrepresent what I said. Christians don't have "permission" to sin. Repentance means turning away from sin. Even so, it is impossible to be sinless in the flesh.
But it is possible in the new man created and fashioned in his image... You really are not the old man, the only reason we have trouble with the old man is we believe that is who we are so we keep feeding it.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:32 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Then he saw the light and the way of victory over that which he was enslaved by.

Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Who Jimmie shall deliver me from that which I want to do but don't do?......Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!. Stop excusing yourself with "i am a sinner" for falling short of the glory of God....... The good news is, you no longer need to fall short of it.
Yes, Jesus delivers us from the power of sin.

Are you now sinless like Ronk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity