Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 12:26 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus did not call her a cripple....... he called her a Daughter of Abraham. You just don't see it do you?. She was bound in the belief of what she was told she was...... rather than who she really is.
I don't disagree with that. In God's eyes, we are redeemed or made whole, if you will. Still, we remain in the flesh, which is weak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 12:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They just don't get what it means to enjoy the liberty of Christ, pcamps. We are to have life and have it more abundantly because we are reconciled to God and God is NOT counting our sins against us. So what do the fundamentalists do???? THEY count our sins against us and make life miserable for themselves and others. IF we try to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't we will NOT sin, but if we do the repentance covers it. It bears repeating, pcamps:
As usual, the point of the discussion flies a mile over your head, and instead of trying to understand it, you try to misrepresent beliefs of other people.

There is indeed liberty in Christ, and contrary to your claims, it was specifically mentioned Christ will not count our sins against us.

So, does that mean we are sinless?

No, it does not mean that, and that's the point.
Quote:
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things"
I suggest you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think it boils down to the "I'm a good person, I don't sin" argument where people are offended by the suggestion they need a savior to forgive their sins. Lot of us have been on that path.
I agree. Although this is a Christianty message board, many here espouse beliefs contrary to Christianity.

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, that is not true. You are the one who lied, not God.

I had no plans on offering you any proof. I have not asked you to prove something I already know, and I was not going to offer proof for something everyone already knows. What's the point?

This is not true either. I am sorry you didn't get the point.

Dear Finn,

I get you. You are i sinner. It is the only thing you know. Your arrogance is in speaking for everyone else.

You are the one having an imaginary conversation about my bathroom habits, and now wish to step back from your imaginary conversation. My bathroom habits are now lodged in your head. I have simply put your bit of fetish into context.

I have never thought about another persons bathroom habits, let alone use it as some sort of proof about sin and lying.

Kinky.

Love,
Ronk

Old 11-13-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But it is possible in the new man created and fashioned in his image... You really are not the old man, the only reason we have trouble with the old man is we believe that is who we are so we keep feeding it.
Have you achieved this perfection?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:32 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I agree. Although this is a Christianty message board, many here espouse beliefs contrary to Christianity.
You poor thing. I have said nothing contrary to Christianity or God.

However, I do not espouse a Fundamentalist Christian Extremist Ideology. I leave that to you.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:32 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
I don't disagree with that. In God's eyes, we are redeemed or made whole, if you will. Still, we remain in the flesh, which is weak.
But you are strong.......Don't you see this ?

Old 11-13-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Still sinning yourself?

Hows that deliverance working for you?
Yes, although less than before.

I am making steady progress. Of course, I've only been a Christian for 45 years.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Dear Finn,

I get you. You are i sinner. It is the only thing you know. Your arrogance is in speaking for everyone else.

You are the one having an imaginary conversation about my bathroom habits, and now wish to step back from your imaginary conversation. My bathroom habits are now lodged in your head. I have simply put your bit of fetish into context.

I have never thought about another persons bathroom habits, let alone use it as some sort of proof about sin and lying.
You are proving it again.

The question is not whether or not you (or anyone) sin, the question is if you can go 1 hour without sinning.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Yes, although less than before.

I am making steady progress. Of course, I've only been a Christian for 45 years.
Keep practicing, jimmie!

And perhaps one day you too will know the inner peace of a sinless life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity