Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 10:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, Jesus delivers us from the power of sin.

Are you now sinless like Ronk?
Still sinning yourself?

Hows that deliverance working for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:20 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You lied in the post I quoted. It seems you are just into denying reality.
Dear Finn,

I put your words into context. You are an admitted sinner. Sinning is a terrible thing for you. So much so, it requires forgiveness and redemption.

You expect me to prove what God already knows. You are calling God a liar. I have no doubt about your relationship with God and your sinning ways. You are an admitted sinner. I have no reason to believe other wise.

That is your reality and rather obsessive.

Love,
Ronk

Old 11-13-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You misrepresent what I said. Christians don't have "permission" to sin. Repentance means turning away from sin. Even so, it is impossible to be sinless in the flesh.
No jimmie, I put you in context. You are the one sinning, over and over again because you have no choice. It seems to be in your flesh. You are the one having to repent.

You give yourself permission by giving yourself the excuse of, " I can't help it, it is in my flesh." You do this over and over and never stop sinning.

That does not work for me.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I think it boils down to the "I'm a good person, I don't sin" argument where people are offended by the suggestion they need a savior to forgive their sins. Lot of us have been on that path.
Dear Finn,

I already have God. We are old friends. Is there more?

You still need saving because you keep sinning, over and over. Sinning is a terrible thing. You keep damaging yourself over, and over ,and over again. I understand it is in your flesh or something.

You do not offend me Finn. Is that your intention? You are not capable of offending me.

Love,
Ronk

Old 11-13-2015, 11:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
I think it boils down to the "I'm a good person, I don't sin" argument where people are offended by the suggestion they need a savior to forgive their sins. Lot of us have been on that path.
It seems that it is you that is offended by those who don't sin. Could you at least ask what Ronk's secret to a life without sin is, rather than "you're a sinner the bible says you are and I know you can't live a life with out sin because I try it every day and fail every day" if you ask nicely she might even quote the bible you "think' you believe" in to prove that you can. She might bake you a cake too with "I don't sin Anymore" on it if you ask that nicely too.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:43 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Yes, Jesus delivers us from the power of sin.

Are you now sinless like Ronk?
I told you earlier on(yesterday) that I walk in unconditional forgiveness towards myself and the world...... meaning sin is never an issue to me even if I do miss the mark. It is only fundamentalists that waste their time on sin, what is sin and what isn't, who is a sinner and who isn't........ the believer invests is THINKING into what is righteous and that is their only concern.

I can do all this through him who gives me strength(except what the fundamentalist says I can't do).

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-13-2015 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-13-2015, 11:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You expect me to prove what God already knows. You are calling God a liar. I have no doubt about your relationship with God and your sinning ways. You are an admitted sinner. I have no reason to believe other wise.
No, I do not need you to prove anything. You keep repeating yourself, but no one has asked you to prove anything. Feel free to make your claims. You might as well tell me you never need to go to the bathroom, and while I know it is not true, I won't ask you to prove it. If you know the truth, you don't need the proof. However, when you lied, you provided all the proof without anyone having to ask for it. It was only a matter of time.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
No, I do not need you to prove anything. You keep repeating yourself, but no one has asked you to prove anything. Feel free to make your claims. You might as well tell me you never need to go to the bathroom, and while I know it is not true, I won't ask you to prove it. If you know the truth, you don't need the proof. However, when you lied, you provided all the proof without anyone having to ask for it. It was only a matter of time.
Dear Finn,

You keep telling me I sin. You keep calling God a liar.

No need to prove you are a sinner. I believe you. You keep saying you sin. Over and over again. I do not need the gory details of your sin.

I would never discuss my bathroom habits with you, yet you bring it into the conversation. You call me a liar, and now you are curious about my bathroom habits. The whole, "You could tell me", thing is you having this imaginary conversation with yourself about my bathroom habits.

It was only a matter of time before you bring bathroom habits into a conversation about the extent of your sin and the fact I do not sin.

Love,
Ronk

Old 11-13-2015, 12:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You keep telling me I sin. You keep calling God a liar.
No, that is not true. You are the one who lied, not God.

Quote:
No need to prove you are a sinner. I believe you. You keep saying you sin. Over and over again. I do not need the gory details of your sin.
I had no plans on offering you any proof. I have not asked you to prove something I already know, and I was not going to offer proof for something everyone already knows. What's the point?

Quote:
I would never discuss my bathroom habits with you, yet you bring it into the conversation. You call me a liar, and now you are curious about my bathroom habits. The whole, "You could tell me", thing is you having this imaginary conversation with yourself about my bathroom habits. It was only a matter of time before you bring bathroom habits into a conversation about the extent of your sin and the fact I do not sin.
This is not true either. I am sorry you didn't get the point.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:18 PM

63,849 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I told you earlier on(yesterday) that I walk in unconditional forgiveness towards myself and the world...... meaning sin is never an issue to me even if I do miss the mark. It is only fundamentalists that waste their time on sin, what is sin and what isn't, who is a sinner and who isn't........ the believer invests is THINKING into what is righteous and that is their only concern.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength(except what the fundamentalist says I can't do).
Finally, brothers and sisters,whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things.
They just don't get what it means to enjoy the liberty of Christ, pcamps. We are to have life and have it more abundantly because we are reconciled to God and God is NOT counting our sins against us. So what do the fundamentalists do???? THEY count our sins against us and make life miserable for themselves and others. IF we try to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't we will NOT sin, but if we do the repentance covers it. It bears repeating, pcamps: "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—THINK about such things"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity