Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 06:36 PM

86 posts, read 56,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Jesus said it would never pass until all was fulfilled...And until heaven and earth pass away....
The Law did not "pass away" but that dispensation has been interrupted by the current one so it is not in effect today. If you wait long enough it will be active again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
But then you have to look at the problem of whether Paul was actually an Apostle...He was by his OWN admission, but...While he claimed to be the Apostle appointed to the nations, Peter claims the same thing at the Jerusalem council (considering that he became the apex of the Gentile RCC), which seems to be in connection with his vision that he had and which was during the attendance of Paul and Barnabas, who, through textual evidence, were merely evangelists, and I say this because if he was in fact an Apostle, the council would not have needed to send two mature individuals along with them when they sent them to Antioch, I think, with that letter...Paul would have been equal in authority to the others if he was an Apostle...It seems after all that that he all of a sudden became an Apostle and also he made seemingly disparaging remarks against the Apostles...Which seems strange...But also to add, it looks as if Paul actually observed the Law himself throughout his letters to the different churches...If you read Isaiah 56, you'll find how G-d treats and considers the Gentiles who join themselves to G-d by observing His Sabbaths and Feasts and Torah...So, it seems that in the beginning of the sect of the Way (later to called Christianity), it was a sect within Judaism and would be reflective of Reform Judaism today, and Gentiles did convert to Judaism when joining the sect and worshipped in the Synagogues and learned the ways of G-d and were circumcised...This much can be extrapolated from secular accounts of the day...
I do not believe Peter every claimed to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" that was Paul's calling. That is not even a debatable item with me. The RCC followed the wrong Apostle and created a false religion. Paul was a Jew and followed that religious tradition until it was set aside. If you read Act's you can see the change taking place. I personally believe the final exclamation point that God put on the setting aside of Israel was the destruction of the Temple.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:04 AM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What the Jews thought is of no consequence since they were wrong about everything and rejected Jesus. Unfortunately, Jesus had to contend with millennia of conditioning and indoctrination of His apostles into erroneous beliefs ABOUT God and His motives. The use of parables was designed to mask the totally revolutionary nature of His correction of the beliefs about God (to those with ears to hear) until it could no longer be hidden. Then Jesus had to endure the brutality that His radical message of agape love fostered in the ignorant Jews who knew not what they did.
Well said, nate. The law had one purpose to motivate the development of self-control in support of agape love toward one another. Once Jesus revealed the true nature of God as agape love, the law became superfluous, not because it went away but because agape love promoted the same thing. It was the focus away from obedience to laws toward obedience to an inner concern for the well-being of everyone in the situation. Anyone who sincerely seeks the principle embodied within the laws will find THAT principle.
Quote:
Who says that they were wrong about anything?...You?...And how do you know that Jesus existed for sure?...You have real issues with Jews, don't you?...
NO. I have issues with what they believe ABOUT God, as any Christian SHOULD.
Quote:
A revolutionary nature implies something new, hence implying that G-d has changed when G-d Himself states that He never changes...And those with ears to hear were in fact the Lost sheep of the House of Israel, which is whom Jesus was sent to...ONLY...Soooo...
This is the erroneous thinking that entraps the Jews. It is NOT God that Jesus changed. It is the barbaric things Jews believed ABOUT God that Jesus came to change. Because Jews think what they believe ABOUT God is true, they think Jesus tried to change God or imply that God changed. That is NOT true. God is God and always was. It is the Jews who were wrong about Him and that is what Jesus changed.
Quote:
Aaaand there's part of YOUR catch-phrase...
It is not my catch phrase, it is Christ's. He said God IS agape love. God IS Spirit. and God IS Holy. The Spirit of agape love IS God's Holy Spirit and Jesus brought it to His HUMAN consciousness(Spirit) so it would connect all human consciousness(Spirits) with God and be available to us all within our consciousness (Spirit).

Old 02-12-2016, 03:47 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,133,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindagoodname View Post
I do not believe Peter every claimed to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" that was Paul's calling.
Yea, he did...It is right there in B&W...

Old 02-12-2016, 04:42 AM

1,196 posts, read 758,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse2014 View Post
Does obedience to the law of God save us or not?

true being saved IS a gift from Jehovah God. because it was out of love for humans that he was willing to SEND his precious Son Jesus, which WAS the Gift. NOT just to die so that we may live, but also to teach us the ways in which to walk ,(John 17:16-18 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world). Jehovah's gift was to save us from what Adam brought to ALL mankind sin and death, because of his sin ,( Rom.5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).

This gift was for ALL humans, though Jehovah and Jesus both know, NOT all would except it. Which means not all will live ,(those who live tosee the Great War of Armageddon). We have a choice to accept the gift or not. NOW!... just because we accept the gift, (Jesus precious life), that along WON'T save us. We DO... have to be obedient.Remember the first couple would have lived forever, but they choose to be disobedient.

Jesus showed just believing in him alone, won't save us. we MUST do his Father's WILL, in order to be saved Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter intothe kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven), Which is very understandable to me! Then Jesus show we are to follow him,meaning his teachings and the way he lived, as best we can. I already post the very first scripture showing this. But Jesus also said it here ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me).

MANY wants to wants to do both, say thy're christians, but live as the world does. Which is a NO-NO to Jehovah God and Jesus , (1John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever).

This is why Jesus say he will say this to those who's trying to live adouble life ,(Matt. 7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and inthy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity). So the gift of life giving to us by the graciousness of our Heavenly Father wasn't because he owe to us. it was out of love, We DO have to earn it, and we do this by being OBEDIENT. peace

Old 02-12-2016, 07:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,788 times
Quote:
I do not believe Peter every claimed to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" that was Paul's calling. .
Quote:
Right where in B&W?

Old 02-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I have read the bible through many times and I have never seen where Peter said those words. Can you show me where this statement by Peter claiming to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" is to be found. This would be an earth shaking discovery.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:08 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,133,302 times
Quote:
I have read the bible through many times and I have never seen where Peter said those words. Can you show me where this statement by Peter claiming to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" is to be found. This would be an earth shaking discovery.
Perhaps you read it with pre-conceived ideas from a conditioning...

Act 15:7 and there having been much disputing, Peter having risen up said unto them, `Men, brethren, ye know that from former days, God among us did make choice, through my mouth, for the nations to hear the word of the good news, and to believe;

The above bolded in in reference to the vision that G-d had given to Peter...The vision was telling him that the Gospel was now open to the Gentiles, hence his meeting with Cornelius, a Gentile...Jews were never referred to as the Nations, only the Gentiles...

Old 02-13-2016, 05:10 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,019,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse2014 View Post
Does obedience to the law of God save us or not?
As far as the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law, which was only in effect for the one nation of ancient Israel, Jesus fulfilled that dated Law - Romans 10:4

Obedience is better than sacrifice - 1st Samuel 15:22; 12:15
We can all do fine works ( sacrifical works ) but if we do Not obey God, then those ' fine ' works won't count.
Jesus gave us a New ' law ', so to speak, at John 13:34-35 to have ' self-sacrificing love ' for others as Jesus had.

So, obedience and spiritual works go hand-in-hand. - James 1:27; 2:26; Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

Old 02-13-2016, 05:15 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,019,655 times
Quote:
The Law did not "pass away" but that dispensation has been interrupted by the current one so it is not in effect today. If you wait long enough it will be active again.
What will be ' active ', so to speak, is Matthew 25:31-33,37 when at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on earth the ' righteous ones ' can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity