Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 09:25 AM

150 posts, read 97,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
HamFan, if you will notice, your reply to a direct and quoted question was that we do deseve never ending punishment: "Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ok, so what's the problem? Why do people like me deserve never-ending torture after we die?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamFan View Post
Because you are one of us and we all deserve nothing from God." You may have made an error in your reply, but it WAS direct.
Wow, I was giving him an answer to a silly question and you folks go crazy over it. This is pure stupidity you guy's. Grow up.

Own our own merits that is really what most of us deserve. And if I was in control some of you would get it. But that's why God is in control. I and no one here has the power to send anyone anywhere for eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,466,699 times
Quote:
Wow, I was giving him an answer to a silly question and you folks go crazy over it. This is pure stupidity you guy's. Grow up.

Own our own merits that is really what most of us deserve. And if I was in control some of you would get it. But that's why God is in control. I and no one here has the power to send anyone anywhere for eternity.
And neither does God, because that would be a misuse of power and bring him down to the level of man who misuses the power That he has given him.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I never said that. You keep trying to imply this untruth.
Whatever

Old 02-03-2016, 09:45 AM

18,571 posts, read 9,261,952 times
Quote:
Pcamps I never said we are saved from an eternal hell. That's a fact and if you claim otherwise you are a liar and if I could see you face to face I would let the old man whop yo' a--.

You do deserve to burn in an eternal hell and if I was in charge that is where you would be now. But I am not in charge and God is so you don't have to worry about that. You come across like a child who is playing with his mothers computer. You have some real issues and I hope you get help with them before you offend someone who can get their hands on you and give you a lesson in respect and reaping your just rewards.
This is incredible. You say someone deserves never-ending torture and that you would personally administer said torture of you were able. And then you say that THEY have "real issues" that they need to get help with before THEY offend/disrespect someone.

And some wonder why atheists and agnostics try to deconvert people from religion.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
This is incredible. You say someone deserves never-ending torture and that you would personally administer said torture of you were able. And then you say that THEY have "real issues" that they need to get help with before THEY offend/disrespect someone.

And some wonder why atheists and agnostics try to deconvert people from religion.
That's right.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM

589 posts, read 333,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And neither does God, because that would be a misuse of power and bring him down to the level of man who misuses the power That he has given him.
due to evil influences.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 AM

589 posts, read 333,841 times
but they can be forgiven.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:33 AM

7,349 posts, read 6,988,283 times
Jesus did not teach grace , (unmerited favor), that was Paul's invention.
Jesus taught accountability and obedience and provided the Holy Spirit to do so.
Out side Jesus provision and instruction ,lay the distraction of men ,traps to circumvent God's design.
If you are willing to take the chance with intellect or the emphasis on other principles, against having a living relationship with God, Jesus provides, that's your choice.
God does not nor ever will compromise with sin ," disobedience "
One cannot be obedient, with out the Holy Spirit tutelage.
Repentance is essential to correctly initiate and maintain this relationship .
All too often people fallow some prescribed prayer, formality and come away with nothing.. they didn't repent.
it's not chasing a bunch of words like an incantation, God is not manipulated He knows your heart/mind.
It's facing your life and it's contrast it is to God's expectations, and desperately reaching out for help from God to change and remain faithful.
Matthew 5;6 "Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."(Jesus)
This righteousness is not based on the letter alone, but the direct instruction of God. Matthew 7;21,22,23,.
There are issues not included in the written word and a contrast between what God said and the things men added , and the Holy Spirit can teach one the difference .
Jesus did not fret the laws the Pharisees did, because the Pharisees worshipped the letter and men's word, over God's word.
When I read the law , and the things God established , I could see the effort to inspire love and forgiveness among men.
But as men today they found ways to abuse the law and one another ,added more laws of their own, and divided further from God in their heart.
Jeremiah saw this , and God offered him hope. 31;31,32,33,
God will teach men.
This is Jesus provision to man.
This is salvation.
Jesus said , the kingdom of heaven is like a man casting a net into the sea, and when he draws it out ,He picks the things he values, and casts off the rest.
When God is choosing those for His service I want to be acceptable to Him, and trust worthy .

Old 02-03-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus did not teach grace , (unmerited favor), that was Paul's invention..
Jesus taught Jews under that dispensation of the Law. Paul taught what Jesus gave him for us under the Dispensation of grace.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:

Freak, please hold tight, remain an atheist at least until this kind of messed up believing and thinking is sorted out, you will be no worse off for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity