Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 11:03 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times

Advertisements

Proverbs 18:21 Words kill, words give life;they’re either poison or fruit—you choose.

Matthew 5:22 “You’re familiar with the command to the ancients, ‘Do not murder.’ I’m telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother ‘idiot!’ [fool] and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell ‘stupid!’ [fool] at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.

So, someone tells you, Twin, that the doctrines that they were taught don't make sense, and asks you to explain them and you think that warrants you, according to the bible you say you believe, murdering them in your heart and with your words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 11:20 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Feel free to be skeptical of my LCMS upbringing, including K-8 schooling. And I'll go ahead and forget the whole Matthew 5:22 thing, since it's a bit of a red herring at this point.

Again, my main question for you is this: why do you think I'm a fool?

Is it because of Psalm 14:1?
Thank you for seeing through other people's intentions.

Let's cut to the case:
There's no reason to not take your posts other than as factual representation of your position.
Nor there is any reason I take God's Word other than as factual representation of his position.

Want to change my "why" will require you changing your position for God does not change his.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Feel free to be skeptical of my LCMS upbringing, including K-8 schooling. And I'll go ahead and forget the whole Matthew 5:22 thing, since it's a bit of a red herring at this point.

Again, my main question for you is this: why do you think I'm a fool?

Is it because of Psalm 14:1?
I bet to differ.
The red herring is avoiding answering a legitimate request for an explanation of one's beliefs by resorting to dismissing the person asking, calling them a fool, or swine or a dog.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Proverbs 18:21 Words kill, words give life;they’re either poison or fruit—you choose.

Matthew 5:22 “You’re familiar with the command to the ancients, ‘Do not murder.’ I’m telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother ‘idiot!’ [fool] and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell ‘stupid!’ [fool] at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.

So, someone tells you, Twin, that the doctrines that they were taught don't make sense, and asks you to explain them and you think that warrants you, according to the bible you say you believe, murdering them in your heart and with your words?
When will it dawn on you that posts like this coming from you is but like the equivalent of wind through the reeds.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,123,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse2014 View Post
Does obedience to the law of God save us or not?
No, if it could- then there was no need for Christ to come to earth and die on the cross.No man can obey the law completely, therefore His sinless life and sacrifice for us was necessary to save us.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
When will it dawn on you that posts like this coming from you is but like the equivalent of wind through the reeds.
The bulk of the post was the "scripture' you say is the infallible word of God and which you claim to hold in the highest esteem. But, putting that aside, my words in the post come from a place of hoping you will recognize that your crass dismissal of people isn't worthy of who you are, of "Christ in you".

Old 01-14-2016, 11:36 AM

18,524 posts, read 9,215,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Thank you for seeing through other people's intentions.

Let's cut to the case:
There's no reason to not take your posts other than as factual representation of your position.
Nor there is any reason I take God's Word other than as factual representation of his position.

Want to change my "why" will require you changing your position for God does not change his.
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Are you saying that I'm am a fool because the Bible says that I am a fool?

Old 01-14-2016, 11:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,966,428 times
Quote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Are you saying that I'm am a fool because the Bible says that I am a fool?
What? You think he should take PERSONAL responsibility rather than hide behind "that's what the Bible says?"

Old 01-14-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The bulk of the post was the "scripture' you say is the infallible word of God and which you claim to hold in the highest esteem. But, putting that aside, my words in the post come from a place of hoping you will recognize that your crass dismissal of people isn't worthy of who you are, of "Christ in you".
hey, you're actually acute to what's being said ... sort of.

It's not a matter of "crass dismissal of people isn't worthy of who you are" ... it's a dismissal of people having no intention of hearing \ that value the truth.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,124,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No, if it could- then there was no need for Christ to come to earth and die on the cross.No man can obey the law completely, therefore His sinless life and sacrifice for us was necessary to save us.
He didn't come to earth...He himself alluded to the fact that he was a prophet...If no man could obey the Law completely, then how do you explain those in the Tanakh that G-d said walked in ALL the ways of G-d???...Yeshua showed the righteous path, he showed where to walk, everyone is just ignoring that fact because they are Lawless individuals, Lawless means without Law...Actually, Torah, which many translate as Law, means instruction or guidance...Guidance in being a better person, guidance in improving oneself...Christianity needs to stop attaching itself to Judaism, because it is totally different than Judaism...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity