Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 07:17 PM

18,531 posts, read 9,221,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
this response:

tells me that I don't need to elaborate ... you're not suddenly dumbfounded .

If you are to be believed and were supposedly raised LCMS \ went through Catechism class, then you aren't asking the right question.
I really do not understand what you are saying here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,531,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I really do not understand what you are saying here.
Go back to your original question
Quote:
Ok, so what's the problem? Why do people like me deserve never-ending torture after we die?
which if you actually went through Catechism class and (taking for granted it was taught) plus where paying attention ...then you'd know you aren't asking the correct question.

fyi: this is suppose to stop and make you think, taking into account the topic of the OP

Old 01-12-2016, 09:33 PM

18,531 posts, read 9,221,028 times
Quote:
Go back to your original question

which if you actually went through Catechism class and (taking for granted it was taught) plus where paying attention ...then you'd know you aren't asking the correct question.

fyi: this is suppose to stop and make you think, taking into account the topic of the OP
This is just another way of admitting that you have no answer. Because there is no answer. All you can do is obfuscate.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
This is just another way of admitting that you have no answer. Because there is no answer. All you can do is obfuscate.
actually ... it is you who is doing the obfuscating, otherwise you'd have an correct answer within minutes.

Being that I know what is taught in Catechism class proves to me that by your lack of answering shows that your claims about being raised LCMS \ going through confirmation class for what it is.

btw .... there is (and always have been) an answer which I could tell you but I chose not to because far be it for me to stop you wallowing in hate \ sarcastic \ inflammatory \ blasphemous and unwillingness to hear attitude and posts.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:42 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,441,384 times
Quote:
actually ... it is you who is doing the obfuscating, otherwise you'd have an correct answer within minutes.

Being that I know what is taught in Catechism class proves to me that by your lack of answering shows that your claims about being raised LCMS \ going through confirmation class for what it is.

btw .... there is (and always have been) an answer which I could tell you but I chose not to because far be it for me to stop you wallowing in hate \ sarcastic \ inflammatory \ blasphemous and unwillingness to hear attitude and posts.

Really? You think someone is wallowing in such a miserable condition and that by a simple answer you could possibly change that, but you're not willing to do so?

Old 01-13-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Really? You think someone is wallowing in such a miserable condition and that by a simple answer you could possibly change that, but you're not willing to do so?
Really ... when one is hostile to the truth what did God instruct his believers to do in the OT?
Proverbs 26:5

What did Jesus say in the NT?
Luke 10:11

How about that ... Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever.

So no ... point being, he's not getting any answer from me.
Next.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,286,629 times
Quote:
Really ... when one is hostile to the truth what did God instruct his believers to do in the OT?

So no ... he's not getting any answer.
Next.
So sayeth the dark-spirited one.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,788 times
Quote:

Next.
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Old 01-13-2016, 10:04 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,441,384 times
Quote:

Next.
re: Proverbs 26:5... You're implying that Freak is a fool, but Jesus reportedly said, "If you call someone a fool, you're in danger of the fire of hell." Which, in your belief system is an eternal, and inescapable, fate. Watch yourself there, twin.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
re: Proverbs 26:5... You're implying that Freak is a fool, but Jesus reportedly said, "If you call someone a fool, you're in danger of the fire of hell." Which, in your belief system is an eternal, and inescapable, fate. Watch yourself there, twin.
I implied nothing:
Originally Posted by Freak80
I don't have any reason to believe that the Bible is the "word of God" or that the Christian God is real in the first place.
he admitted it himself.

Why not concern yourself with yourself since in your belief system all you made was empty clanging warnings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity