Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2016, 01:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,112,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
He's a joke, leave him alone and he'll quit proselytizing in the Christianity section. Children get bored easily
Oh, and BTW, I am no proselytizing...Obviously you don't know what that means...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
He's a joke...
And this is Christian???...Obviously you are Christian in name only...Poor soul...This is not how mature Christians behave, soooo....Yea...

Old 01-10-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Jesus said he was sent to preach the "kingdom"/reign of God, as I recall. Not to pay a ransom to God for us.
He was sent to seek and save the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, period...This is what he said...

Old 01-10-2016, 01:53 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,431,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He was sent to seek and save the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, period...This is what he said...
Okay.

The author of Luke records this:

"...but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.” "

But if you think he intended the subject of his preaching to reach Israelites only in those cities, okay. Makes no difference to me. The message of the kingdom/reign of God getting to anyone is not dependent upon that one messenger.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Okay.

The author of Luke records this:

"...but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.†"

But if you think he intended the subject of his preaching to reach Israelites only in those cities, okay. Makes no difference to me. The message of the kingdom/reign of God getting to anyone is not dependent upon that one messenger.
Mat 15:24 But he made answer and said, I was sent only to the wandering sheep of the house of Israel.

Luk 4:43 But he said to them, I have to give the good news of the kingdom of God in other towns, because that is why I was sent.

Considering that he was sent to the Jews and there were Jews in all those other cities that he went to...Unless you think that the Gentiles outnumbered the Jews in those cities and he was really going to those cities to preach to the Gentiles?...

And don't you think that there were Lost Sheep of the House of Israel in those cities?...Do you think that they were all boxed-up in one area????...

Old 01-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Mat 15:24 But he made answer and said, I was sent only to the wandering sheep of the house of Israel.

Luk 4:43 But he said to them, I have to give the good news of the kingdom of God in other towns, because that is why I was sent.

Considering that he was sent to the Jews and there were Jews in all those other cities that he went to...Unless you think that the Gentiles outnumbered the Jews in those cities and he was really going to those cities to preach to the Gentiles?...

And don't you think that there were Lost Sheep of the House of Israel in those cities?...Do you think that they were all boxed-up in one area????...
Richard, as I said, if that's what you believe, okay. I have no problem with that.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Richard, as I said, if that's what you believe, okay. I have no problem with that.
But, what does it say in the NT in B&W?...Ya just can't go around making up your own stuff and labeling it Christianity...

Old 01-10-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
But, what does it say in the NT in B&W?...
. We have no argument Richard. It says what both you and I copied and pasted. And I have no problem with you believing what you do. I, personally, do not believe the Jesus narrative is literally true, so it wouldn't make sense for me to argue with you about whether or not Jesus came only for the Israelites: I obviously have no opinion in the matter. And I don't think it effects the message of the reign of God/love, one way or another.

My only point on this thread is that saying Jesus' life was a ransom paid to GOD - as the substitutionary atonement theory does - makes God out to be the bad guy and a hostage taker.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
But, what does it say in the NT in B&W?...Ya just can't go around making up your own stuff and labeling it Christianity...

You added this after I posted so I just wanted to say ... I'm not labeling anything I say Christian, nor do I label myself as such.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
. We have no argument Richard. It says what both you and I copied and pasted. And I have no problem with you believing what you do. I, personally, do not believe the Jesus narrative is literally true, so it wouldn't make sense for me to argue with you about whether or not Jesus came only for the Israelites: I obviously have no opinion in the matter. And I don't think it effects the message of the reign of God/love, one way or another.

My only point on this thread is that saying Jesus' life was a ransom paid to GOD - as the substitutionary atonement theory does - makes God out to be the bad guy and a hostage taker.
My arguments here are mostly academic...Against those things said that are not in there, that one has to do mental gymnastics to come to...He couldn't have been a sacrifice, because that would be a human sacrifice and G-d is pretty adamant that He hates those...And G-d also says that each man shall die for his own sins, no man may die for the sins of another...So, since He also states that He never changes, then His position on those two things would not change either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity