Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2016, 10:18 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I implied nothing:
Originally Posted by Freak80
I don't have any reason to believe that the Bible is the "word of God" or that the Christian God is real in the first place.
he admitted it himself.

Why not concern yourself with yourself since in your belief system all you made was empty clanging warnings.

You applied this verse to Freak:

Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

So, yes, you did imply that Freak is a fool. Hey, if you don't care that Jesus said calling someone a fool puts you in danger of the fire of hell, that's up to you. But then maybe you aren't as much of a bible-believer as you say/think you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 10:19 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
Better yet, focus yourself on your crowd like troutdude \ freak80 \ mystic \thrillobyte\ the ever shouting zthatzmanz28.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You applied this verse to Freak:

Answer a fool according to his folly,
or he will be wise in his own eyes.

So, yes, you did imply that Freak is a fool. Hey, if you don't care that Jesus said calling someone a fool puts you in danger of the fire of hell, that's up to you. But then maybe you aren't as much of a bible-believer as you say/think you are.
This
I don't have any reason to believe that the Bible is the "word of God" or that the Christian God is real in the first place.

is not my implication. He self-identified.

If you can't deal with it then talk it up the mystic ... he's good for indigestion.

btw .... you quoting the Bible, let alone in context, is yet but another empty clanging bell.
Next.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
This

is not my implication. He self-identified.

If you can't deal with it then talk it up the mystic ... he's good for indigestion.

btw .... you quoting the Bible, let alone in context, is yet but another empty clanging bell.
Next.
Like I said, if you don't care that you quoted the Proverbs verse about Freak, thus implying he's a fool and putting yourself in danger of hell fire, according to your own beliefs ... that's up to you. But it definitely gives the impression that you don't actually believe what you say you do.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:24 AM

7,331 posts, read 6,958,723 times
With the tendency to abuse.
Both satan and those that fallow him,(voluntarily or inadvertently) will endure the same environment .
Eternal fire is far more merciful than letting the continued abusive behavior be ungoverned.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:35 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,124,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Both satan and those that fallow him,(voluntarily or inadvertently) will endure the same environment .
Eternal fire is far more merciful than letting the continued abusive behavior be ungoverned.
No one follows Satan...Satan is a characteristic that can be applied to humans as well as angels in a good or bad way...

Old 01-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
How does eternal fire "govern" (I assume you mean stops it) such behavior?

And to whom is that more merciful? Certainly not to those IN the fire. So, I guess you mean to those who would have to suffer under the abuse. Are you saying that God couldn't think of a way to protect people other than burning abusers for eternity?

Old 01-13-2016, 11:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,124,899 times
Quote:
How does eternal fire "govern" (I assume you mean stops it) such behavior?

And to whom is that more merciful? Certainly not to those IN the fire. So, I guess you mean to those who would have to suffer under the abuse. Are you saying that God couldn't think of a way to protect people other than burning abusers for eternity?
Interesting that for a long time, "HELL" was believed to be a cold and lonely plane of existence...When and how did it become a hot fiery place???...

Old 01-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Like I said, if you don't care that you quoted the Proverbs verse about Freak, thus implying he's a fool and putting yourself in danger of hell fire, according to your own beliefs ... that's up to you. But it definitely gives the impression that you don't actually believe what you say you do.
I'm not concerned about what false impressions you conjure up nor is it unexpected since such reactions is from hating the truth ... just as Jesus said it would.

Next.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I'm not concerned about what false impressions you conjure up nor is it unexpected since such reactions is from hating the truth ... just as Jesus said it would.

Next.
I wasn't clear, perhaps. I also am not concerned about what impression it gives me. I would think it would concern you that you, according to your own belief system, are in danger of the fires of eternal hell since you've called someone a fool. Since it does not, it should indicate to you that a little reflection might be worthwhile since there's obviously a disconnect from what you say you believe and what you actually believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity