Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 05:18 PM

86 posts, read 56,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What will be ' active ', so to speak, is Matthew 25:31-33,37 when at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on earth the ' righteous ones ' can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.
at that time the Prophetic program will have resumed. We live a day that was never prophesied. It was a "Mystery"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 05:22 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse2014 View Post
Does obedience to the law of God save us or not?
Nothing we do or do not do has anything to do with saving us. Jesus did that, period. Why is this so hard to comprehend? Why do men want to place conditions on what Christ achieved that He did not require when He saved us, sinners and all???? The faith that we are to have is in the fact that Christ DID save us, NOT faith in some specific beliefs ABOUT God and Jesus. The grace is in the fact that we have nothing to do with it. We are saved, period. All we need to do now is love God and each other as Jesus instructed us to do. When we love, we have the cover of His perfect love for us all for our imperfections and we are "born of God."

Old 02-13-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Perhaps you read it with pre-conceived ideas from a conditioning...

Act 15:7 and there having been much disputing, Peter having risen up said unto them, `Men, brethren, ye know that from former days, God among us did make choice, through my mouth, for the nations to hear the word of the good news, and to believe;

The above bolded in in reference to the vision that G-d had given to Peter...The vision was telling him that the Gospel was now open to the Gentiles, hence his meeting with Cornelius, a Gentile...Jews were never referred to as the Nations, only the Gentiles...
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. As I said, the words stating that Peter was "The Apostle to the Gentiles" is not there. Yes God did manage to get him to go to one gentile family but even when he went he told them it was against the law to be there. Only Paul was ever called to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" according to scripture. You are trying to read something into scripture that is not there. We must allow scripture to say what it say's and mean what it means.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,124,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfindagoodname View Post
Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. As I said, the words stating that Peter was "The Apostle to the Gentiles" is not there. Yes God did manage to get him to go to one gentile family but even when he went he told them it was against the law to be there. Only Paul was ever called to be "The Apostle to the Gentiles" according to scripture. You are trying to read something into scripture that is not there. We must allow scripture to say what it say's and mean what it means.
No...Paul was never called to be an Apostle, not even to the Gentiles...He proclaimed himself an Apostle...It is you that are trying to ignore what is in scripture because it obviously goes against what you want to think...Peter said "Gentiles" with an "s", so, that included more than one...And besides, the NT is not scripture...It is merely a collection of letters and commentary...Whenever the word Scripture was mentioned in the NT, it was referencing the Tanakh...

Think about it, if Peter were to preach to the Gentiles and they were to believe and he IS an Apostle, then, put two and two together...He would be an Apostle to the Gentiles...It is obvious that this is what G-d chose for him to do by giving him that vision, and he pretty much said it soon after the visit from Cornelius' men...

Old 02-13-2016, 11:15 PM

589 posts, read 332,620 times
Quote:
Jesus doesnt require that all humans worship him.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
Jesus doesnt require that all humans worship him.
You are correct. It is not a requirement. Many will not worship Him.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No...Paul was never called to be an Apostle, not even to the Gentiles...He proclaimed himself an Apostle...It is you that are trying to ignore what is in scripture because it obviously goes against what you want to think...Peter said "Gentiles" with an "s", so, that included more than one...And besides, the NT is not scripture...It is merely a collection of letters and commentary...Whenever the word Scripture was mentioned in the NT, it was referencing the Tanakh...

Think about it, if Peter were to preach to the Gentiles and they were to believe and he IS an Apostle, then, put two and two together...He would be an Apostle to the Gentiles...It is obvious that this is what G-d chose for him to do by giving him that vision, and he pretty much said it soon after the visit from Cornelius' men...
If you reject The Apostle Paul and consider the NT not to be scripture I doubt we will agree on much at all. Jesus sent Paul and I know that. I cannot reject what I know to be true. Consider that since the same NT you reject as scripture tells us Paul is The Apostle to The Gentiles also tells us that Peter went to one Gentile family then how can you accept either as true?

Old 02-14-2016, 05:34 AM

Paul was saved and commissioned as “the apostle of the Gentiles” ! As we have seen, Jesus ministered exclusively to Jews and the Twelve were apostles to Israel. Jesus had promised them rulership over Israel, not over Gentiles! God began an entirely new program with Paul. The Old Testament kingdom program was in place during Jesus’ earthly ministry and would have been fulfilled if the nation had repented.! Peter was given the “gospel of the kingdom“ (gospel of the circumcision)! Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.! Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.! While he did take it to one Gentile, he was told to go only to Israel! Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:! Matthew 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.! Acts 10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?! Acts 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.! Acts 10:32 Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.! Acts 10:33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.! Paul was given the “gospel of Christ”(gospel of the uncircumcision) . While he did offer it to the Jews, he was told to take it “far hence unto the Gentiles! Acts 22:17 And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance;! Acts 22:18 And saw Him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning Me.! Acts 22:19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:! Acts 22:20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.! Acts 22:21 And He said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.! Peter told Israel, at Jerusalem, to “repent and be baptized for the remission of sins… and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”! Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.! Paul told a group of Jews and Gentiles at Antioch ( through Christ’s death and resurrection)! Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:! Acts 13:39 And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.! This effectively removed the keeping of the law from the salvation equation.! Peter was told by the Lord in His earthly ministry, that his reward would be to sit on one of twelve thrones in an earthly kingdom, “judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”! Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.! He was told that his destiny was a Heavenly kingdom! 1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.! 2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His Heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.! While Peter claimed his gospel was prophesied of in the old testament! Acts 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.! Acts 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.! Paul said his gospel was a mystery, not made known until it was revealed through him! Romans 16:25 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,! Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:! Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,! Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:! Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,! Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)! Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;! Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:! IN WHAT WAYS WERE PETER’S AND PAUL’S GOSPEL THE SAME?! Peter and Paul both preached the Death, Burial and Resurrection:! Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in hell, neither His flesh did see corruption.! Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.! Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, He hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.! Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.! Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;! Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.! Acts 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,! Acts 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.! Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by Him doth this man stand here before you whole.! Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,! Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.! 1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;! 1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.! 1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;! 1 Corinthians 15:4 And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:! IN WHAT WAYS WERE PETER’S AND PAUL’S GOSPEL DIFFERENT?! Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.! Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?! Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.! Peter preached “repent and be baptized” .! Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.! Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:! Paul wrote to the Corinthians “Christ sent me not to baptize! 1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.! Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,! Paul never mentions the “times of refreshing”.! Peter’s message certainly did have salvation in mind, but his primary emphasis was on the return of Christ for the “times of refreshing”.! The apostles were so anxious for that time that they asked the Lord just before His ascension, “Lord, wilt Thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?”! Peter’s message was that Israel should repent and be baptized so that they would realize the fulfillment of the national blessings promised them upon the return of Christ.! Paul, on the other hand, while anxious to see Israel accept their Messiah, had as his primary concern the salvation of individuals. Paul’s first concern was not the national blessings but the individual blessings that come with salvation.! Peter Preached repentance, baptism, and faith as necessary for salvation! Paul Preached faith alone as necessary for salvation! Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:! Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.! Paul referred to his gospel as “my gospel” indicated his gospel was different from the gospel Jesus or the Twelve preached.! Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.! Romans 16:25 Now to Him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,! 2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:! Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.! Jesus taught God’s forgiveness depended upon forgiving others. Paul taught that the believer’s forgiveness was an accomplished fact. It is because of this we should forgive others.! Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:! Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.! Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.! Paul ministered to Gentiles under grace, apart from the Law, and disclosed the secrets the ascended and glorified Lord had revealed to him.! Paul taught that believers of his gospel, the gospel of the grace of God were members of the body of Christ with Christ as its Head.! The Lord Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth, Israel and Church. God is sovereign over both His earthly people, Israel, and over His heavenly people, the Church, the body of Christ.! We share different blessings and serve under different contexts but have the same Lord.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] true being saved IS a gift from Jehovah God. because it was out of love for humans that he was willing to SEND his precious Son Jesus, which WAS the Gift. NOT just to die so that we may live, but also to teach us the ways in which to walk ,(John 17:16-18 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world). Jehovah's gift was to save us from what Adam brought to ALL mankind sin and death, because of his sin ,( Rom.5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]This gift was for ALL humans, though Jehovah and Jesus both know, NOT all would except it. Which means not all will live ,(those who live tosee the Great War of Armageddon). We have a choice to accept the gift or not. NOW!... just because we accept the gift, (Jesus precious life), that along WON'T save us. We DO... have to be obedient.Remember the first couple would have lived forever, but they choose to be disobedient.[/FONT]
I am afraid this is not true, at all.
Verse to prove this:
Ephesians 2:8-9, Salvation is a free gift, not earned by works, so noone can boast about it.
Once we are saved we are always saved, and we can not lose our salvation. Disobedience will not make us lose our salvation. read Ephesians 1:13
Quote:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jesus showed just believing in him alone, won't save us. we MUST do his Father's WILL, in order to be saved [FONT=Verdana]Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter intothe kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven), [/FONT]Which is very understandable to me! Then Jesus show we are to follow him,meaning his teachings and the way he lived, as best we can. I already post the very first scripture showing this. But Jesus also said it here ,([FONT=Times New Roman, serif][FONT=Arial]Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me[/FONT]). [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]MANY wants to wants to do both, say thy're christians, but live as the world does. Which is a NO-NO to Jehovah God and Jesus , (1John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana]This is why Jesus say he will say this to those who's trying to live adouble life ,([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Matt. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and inthy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity). So the gift of life giving to us by the graciousness of our Heavenly Father wasn't because he owe to us. it was out of love, We DO have to earn it, and we do this by being OBEDIENT. peace [/FONT][/FONT]
Before giving us verses what we should do, one first has to learn to RIGHTLY divide the Word of God, as stated in 2Tim 2:15. The verses from Genesis to Acts 9 are written for us but not to us. This is also true for the verses from Hebrews to Revelation. The only doctrine which is written to us is from Romans to Philemon.
Also our apostle, Paul, states: Titus 3:9 But avoid....strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,124,899 times
Quote:
You are correct. It is not a requirement. Many will not worship Him.
He didn't ask to be worshipped....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity