Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:11 PM

15,897 posts, read 6,363,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This will be 'different' for some.
There is a level of awareness when you understand God is not merciful and is not forgiving, per se.

Why do I say this?

Because there is nothing to forgive, there is nothing to be merciful about.

When one is at a level where they see as God sees... all is an extension of Himself...a
Cosmic Divine Dance of sorts...all is 'an experience' ...no duality...no good, no bad.

There is no 'sin'...just idiot children walking around in the dark ...searching for Him ...in the wrong places...children making mistakes and stupid choices.
But all wanting one thing...peace, love, 'HIM'....but, they do not know it exactly ...so they search for Him or Home at the bottom of a bottle, at the warmth of shooting up...with egoic
fame and fortune and lusts fulfilled.
Such idiots, such ignorance...there is nothing to forgive...there is enormous compassion for the pain
of searching in the wrong places , however.
Unquenchable compassion.

This will ring true for many.
People are not taught this...this is a place you must experience for yourselves... it is as
much a 'level' as 106.3 is a different level than 98.9 in radio waves.

I hope you all exp this 'level' one day and can see this, also.
It brings enormous understanding of the Nature of God.
Awesome post! That's how it looks to me too Miss H.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:07 AM

23,228 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Awesome post! That's how it looks to me too Miss H.
That's just how she rolls, nothing new and out of the ordinary for you to gawk, move along sir.

The Queen will make time for you in due time. Did I say Queen? I meant Misses.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:24 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That's exactly what we do! We tell people that God redeems sinners, through Christ. To have the good news (John 3:16), you must explain the bad news (All have sinned).
No you take delight in calling out sin and sinners, huge difference my friend

Old 06-09-2016, 08:08 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,823,451 times
Quote:
That's exactly what we do! We tell people that God redeems sinners, through Christ. To have the good news (John 3:16), you must explain the bad news (All have sinned).
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No you take delight in calling out sin and sinners, huge difference my friend
You say that because your theology glosses over man's sin problem. You believe it's really no big deal and that God wants us to feel better about ourselves. Sin is a big deal to God and that's why He sent His son to die for our sins. The good news is, because of that, mankind can be redeemed and have a personal relationship with our Creator.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:31 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
You say that because your theology glosses over man's sin problem. You believe it's really no big deal and that God wants us to feel better about ourselves. Sin is a big deal to God and that's why He sent His son to die for our sins. The good news is, because of that, mankind can be redeemed and have a personal relationship with our Creator.
Parroting the same tired refrain doesn't make it true.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:42 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:
A relationship that apparently has little to no discernible positive impact in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator, but gives carte blanche to its adherents to be judgmental and inform others that they are helll-bound sinners and that the Creator hates everyone but themselves.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
A relationship that apparently has little to no discernible positive impact in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator, but gives carte blanche to its adherents to be judgmental and inform others that they are helll-bound sinners and that the Creator hates everyone but themselves.
Seriously? You know of no one who's life was changed by Christ? I find that hard to believe. I witness that on a consistent basis.

Discussing Christianity is what we do here. Those discussions open up a lot of sensitive topics. No one likes to confront their sin problem or even admit they're a sinner, but it's the first step towards redemption.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Seriously? You know of no one who's life was changed by Christ? I find that hard to believe. I witness that on a consistent basis.

Discussing Christianity is what we do here. Those discussions open up a lot of sensitive topics. No one likes to confront their sin problem or even admit they're a sinner, but it's the first step towards redemption.
Odd how you keep giving yourself permission to sin.

If I believed sins hurt Jesus and I cared about Jesus' feelings, I would just stop.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:30 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,419,353 times
Quote:

Pay attention. I said "in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator". In other words, there is nothing that sets Christians apart as having a special relationship with God. You're just like the rest of us. Sorry.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pay attention. I said "in comparison to any other belief system about the Creator". In other words, there is nothing that sets Christians apart as having a special relationship with God. You're just like the rest of us. Sorry.
No so. Those "in Christ" are redeemed. Christ has washed away our sins. Those outside of Christ will have to stand before God on their own merit. Will that be enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity