Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:29 PM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Magic words, eh??? ::Sigh:: Why not try Abbracadabra? If you really think your entire existence and fate depends on saying and believing some words about Christ, you are in for a rude awakening. You absolutely MUST love God and each other every single day and repent when you don't because it is by your agape love that you are in harmony with Christ and His perfect agape love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, I do believe (this) scripture. What you describe is NOT the road to salvation, but rather a believer's sanctification (to be like Christ).
Of course it is not the road to salvation, Jimmie, because we have nothing to do with our salvation. Did you forget that Jesus did that??? it is finished. Sanctification is ALL we have to concern ourselves with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But when asked, you all say that you are still sinners... not living "godly". Another "bible believer" just said today in another thread that he's a sinner and not better than anyone else. So which is it? Are you guys living differently than those you condemn to hell, or aren't you?
Pleroo, I just adore your mind! It is so incisive and perspicacious! Don't let up on them.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 PM

20,474 posts, read 12,870,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But when asked, you all say that you are still sinners... not living "godly". Another "bible believer" just said today in another thread that he's a sinner and not better than anyone else. So which is it? Are you guys living differently than those you condemn to hell, or aren't you?
Christians are redeemed sinners. The flesh is weak. However, Christians should sin less, because we now live to please God. The blood of Christ covers our sins before God. When someone becomes a Christian, their life should change for the better, but we cannot live sinless in the flesh.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Of course it is not the road to salvation, Jimmie, because we have nothing to do with our salvation. Did you forget that Jesus did that??? it is finished. Sanctification is ALL we have to concern ourselves with.
Not exactly. Jesus said, "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven." That goes right along with Romans 10:9-10. That's why we publicly baptize after a profession of faith in Christ.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You simply don't get it. If you old ways are passed away, you certainly wouldn't be talkIng about it in others, why ? Because you would be speaking from the new creation that knows no sin.
That's exactly what we do! We tell people that God redeems sinners, through Christ. To have the good news (John 3:16), you must explain the bad news (All have sinned).

Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Not exactly. Jesus said, "Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven." That goes right along with Romans 10:9-10. That's why we publicly baptize after a profession of faith in Christ.
Is this part of the salvation Jesus accomplished for us???? Why do you think we have anything to do with our salvation if Jesus is the Savior and He did it. It is finished. Why do you pretend we have to save ourselves?
Quote:
Christians are redeemed sinners. The flesh is weak. However, Christians should sin less, because we now live to please God. The blood of Christ covers our sins before God. When someone becomes a Christian, their life should change for the better, but we cannot live sinless in the flesh.
Sin less??? If you are sinning at all why do you rag on others for their sin??? If Jesus saved us and God is NOT counting our sins against us, why are you counting the sins of others against them???

Old 06-08-2016, 09:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,308,897 times
Quote:
Quitter.

ETA: Actually, wrong word. You're too cowardly to quit sinning.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:38 PM

16,057 posts, read 6,422,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quitter.

ETA: Actually, wrong word. You're too cowardly to quit sinning.
Good call. It takes some serious fortitude to stop sinning IMO. That door was heavily guarded in my mind. Fortunately, you only have to muster up that courage once and suddenly you are on the other side of fear. I highly recommend.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:51 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,450,665 times
Quote:
Christians are redeemed sinners. The flesh is weak. However, Christians should sin less, because we now live to please God. The blood of Christ covers our sins before God. When someone becomes a Christian, their life [i]should change for the better, but we cannot live sinless in the flesh.
Should, but don't.

As a whole, Christians live lives that are remarkably similar to non-Christians as a whole. You talk a good game about being "new creations in Christ" and think that gives you the God-given right to tell everyone else how they fall short. However, by your own admission you only SHOULD sin less and live better than non-Christians, but don't necessarily, because your flesh is weak.

Why on earth would anyone think you have some corner market on God when your beliefs make no discernible difference in your lives compared to the rest of us, except perhaps to make some of you more judgmental and lacking in compassion?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:56 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,511,292 times
This will be 'different' for some.
There is a level of awareness when you understand God is not merciful and is not forgiving, per se.

Why do I say this?

Because there is nothing to forgive, there is nothing to be merciful about.

When one is at a level where they see as God sees... all is an extension of Himself...a
Cosmic Divine Dance of sorts...all is 'an experience' ...no duality...no good, no bad.

There is no 'sin'...just idiot children walking around in the dark ...searching for Him ...in the wrong places...children making mistakes and stupid choices.
But all wanting one thing...peace, love, 'HIM'....but, they do not know it exactly ...so they search for Him or Home at the bottom of a bottle, at the warmth of shooting up...with egoic
fame and fortune and lusts fulfilled.
Such idiots, such ignorance...there is nothing to forgive...there is enormous compassion for the pain
of searching in the wrong places , however.
Unquenchable compassion.

This will ring true for many.
People are not taught this...this is a place you must experience for yourselves... it is as
much a 'level' as 106.3 is a different level than 98.9 in radio waves.

I hope you all exp this 'level' one day and can see this, also.
It brings enormous understanding of the Nature of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity