Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,127,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Really? ... "teach others to break it either"

Are you saying that Jesus taught to refrain from eating pork but Paul override Jesus's teachings??
Yup...pretty much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes, Richard, I did. Whether heaven anbd earth passed away or not does not matter WHEN "ALL HAS BEEN FULFILLED"

Work it out.

Now you say that the animal sacrifice part of Torah is fulfilled in a way not actually specified IN Torah, and I say that the Law and Ordinances part of Torah is fulfilled in the commitment to community that is Agape (love). You absolutely see your argument, but deny my parallel one.

Well that's part of wearing blinders, isn't it? Nothing wrong with wanting to be a Jew, but requiring it FOR community is balderdash.
He said UNTIL heaven and earth pass away...Are you really that obtuse?...

When Mashiach comes it will be reinstituted...

Old 06-09-2016, 08:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,967,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He said UNTIL heaven and earth pass away...Are you really that obtuse?...

When Mashiach comes it will be reinstituted...
He said "one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. ......" Is your reading comprehension really that bad?

When Meshiach returns there will be no more need for it than there is now.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:02 AM

23,272 posts, read 10,571,991 times
Quote:
He said "one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. ......" Is your reading comprehension really that bad?

If all had been fulfilled, then men would be walking about like Demigods after they had received the promise of the fail rain at the second coming of Christ. People would be living to a thousand years old, and we would already be married to Christ. The marriage doesn't take place till Jesus comes fulfilling Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur and the double portion of spirit isn't given till Christ comes fulfilling the feast of Tabernacles.

These are shadows of things yet to come as Paul stated.

The coming of the Lord is as the rain,'' says Hosea,'' two comings and two rains falling on men. The Passover will take place again, along with all the feasts on Tishri 15.

If this is the world after Jesus fulfilled everything, then nothing has changed, we wait on the Messiah for his second coming when he does fulfill everything as promised.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:24 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,831,455 times
1My soul, bless the Lord. My God, You are very great, You are attired with majesty and beauty. אבָּרְכִי נַפְשִׁי אֶת יְהֹוָה יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהַי גָּדַלְתָּ מְּאֹד הוֹד וְהָדָר לָבָשְׁתָּ:
2[You] enwrap Yourself with light like a garment; [You] extend the heavens like a curtain. בעֹטֶה אוֹר כַּשַּׂלְמָה נוֹטֶה שָׁמַיִם כַּיְרִיעָה:
3Who roofs His upper chambers with water; Who makes clouds His chariot, which goes on the wings of the wind. גהַמְקָרֶה בַמַּיִם עֲלִיּוֹתָיו הַשָּׂם עָבִים רְכוּבוֹ הַמְהַלֵּךְ עַל כַּנְפֵי רוּחַ:
4He makes winds His messengers, burning fire His ministers. דעֹשֶׂה מַלְאָכָיו רוּחוֹת מְשָׁרֲתָיו אֵשׁ לֹהֵט:
5He founded the earth on its foundations that it not falter to eternity. היָסַד אֶרֶץ עַל מְכוֹנֶיהָ בַּל תִּמּוֹט עוֹלָם וָעֶד:
6You covered the deep as [with] a garment; the waters stand on the mountains. ותְּהוֹם כַּלְּבוּשׁ כִּסִּיתוֹ עַל הָרִים יַעַמְדוּ מָיִם:
7From Your rebuke they fled; from the sound of Your thunder they hastened away. זמִן גַּעֲרָתְךָ יְנוּסוּן מִן קוֹל רַעַמְךָ יֵחָפֵזוּן:
8They ascended mountains, they descended into valleys to this place, which You had founded for them. חיַעֲלוּ הָרִים יֵרְדוּ בְקָעוֹת אֶל מְקוֹם זֶה | יָסַדְתָּ לָהֶם:
9You set a boundary that they should not cross, that they should not return to cover the earth. טגְּבוּל שַׂמְתָּ בַּל יַעֲבֹרוּן בַּל יְשֻׁבוּן לְכַסּוֹת הָאָרֶץ:
10He sends the springs into the streams; they go between the mountains. יהַמְשַׁלֵּחַ מַעְיָנִים בַּנְּחָלִים בֵּין הָרִים יְהַלֵּכוּן:
11They water every beast of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. יאיַשְׁקוּ כָּל חַיְתוֹ שָׂדָי יִשְׁבְּרוּ פְרָאִים צְמָאָם:
12Beside them the fowl of the heavens dwell; from between the branches they let out their voices. יבעֲלֵיהֶם עוֹף הַשָּׁמַיִם יִשְׁכּוֹן מִבֵּין עֳפָאיִם יִתְּנוּ קוֹל:
13He waters the mountains from His upper chambers; from the fruit of Your works the earth is sated. יגמַשְׁקֶה הָרִים מֵעֲלִיּוֹתָיו מִפְּרִי מַעֲשֶׂיךָ תִּשְׂבַּע הָאָרֶץ:
14He causes grass to sprout for the animals and vegetation for the work of man, to bring forth bread from the earth. ידמַצְמִיחַ חָצִיר | לַבְּהֵמָה וְעֵשֶׂב לַעֲבֹדַת הָאָדָם לְהוֹצִיא לֶחֶם מִן הָאָרֶץ:
15And wine, which cheers man's heart, to make the face shine from oil, and bread, which sustains man's heart. טווְיַיִן | יְשַׂמַּח לְבַב אֱנוֹשׁ לְהַצְהִיל פָּנִים מִשָּׁמֶן וְלֶחֶם לְבַב אֱנוֹשׁ יִסְעָד:
16The Lord's trees are sated, the cedars of Lebanon, which He planted. טזיִשְׂבְּעוּ עֲצֵי יְהֹוָה אַרְזֵי לְבָנוֹן אֲשֶׁר נָטָע:
17Where birds nest; as for the stork-the high junipers are its home. יזאֲשֶׁר שָׁם צִפֳּרִים יְקַנֵּנוּ חֲסִידָה בְּרוֹשִׁים בֵּיתָהּ:
18The lofty mountains for the ibexes; the rocks a shelter for the hyraxes. יחהָרִים הַגְּבֹהִים לַיְּעֵלִים סְלָעִים מַחְסֶּה לַשְׁפַנִּים:

19He made the moon for the appointed seasons; the sun knows its setting. יטעָשָׂה יָרֵחַ לְמוֹעֲדִים שֶׁמֶשׁ יָדַע מְבוֹאוֹ:

1For the conductor, on the gittith, of the sons of Korah, a song. אלַמְנַצֵּחַ עַל הַגִּתִּית לִבְנֵי קֹרַח מִזְמוֹר:
2How beloved are Your dwelling places, O Lord of Hosts! במַה יְּדִידוֹת מִשְׁכְּנוֹתֶיךָ יְהֹוָה צְבָאוֹת:
3My soul yearns, yea, it pines for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh pray fervently to the living God. גנִכְסְפָה וְגַם כָּלְתָה | נַפְשִׁי לְחַצְרוֹת יְהֹוָה לִבִּי וּבְשָׂרִי יְרַנְּנוּ אֶל אֵל חָי:
4Even a bird found a house and a swallow her nest, where she placed her chicks upon Your altars, O Lord of Hosts, my King and my God. דגַּם צִפּוֹר | מָצְאָה בַיִת וּדְרוֹר קֵן | לָהּ אֲשֶׁר שָׁתָה אֶפְרֹחֶיהָ אֶת מִזְבְּחוֹתֶיךָ יְהֹוָה צְבָאוֹת מַלְכִּי וֵאלֹהָי:
5Fortunate are those who stay in Your house; they will continually praise You forever. האַשְׁרֵי יוֹשְׁבֵי בֵיתֶךָ עוֹד יְהַלְלוּךָ סֶּלָה:
6Fortunate is the man who has strength in You, in whose heart are the highways. ואַשְׁרֵי אָדָם עוֹז לוֹ בָךְ מְסִלּוֹת בִּלְבָבָם:
7Transgressors in the valley of weeping make it into a fountain; also with blessings they enwrap [their] Teacher. זעֹבְרֵי | בְּעֵמֶק הַבָּכָא מַעְיָן יְשִׁיתוּהוּ גַּם בְּרָכוֹת יַעְטֶּה מוֹרֶה:
8They go from host to host; he will appear to God in Zion. חיֵלְכוּ מֵחַיִל אֶל חָיִל יֵרָאֶה אֶל אֱלֹהִים בְּצִיּוֹן:
9O Lord, God of Hosts, hearken to my prayer; bend Your ear, O God of Jacob, forever. טיְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים צְבָאוֹת שִׁמְעָה תְפִלָּתִי הַאֲזִינָה אֱלֹהֵי יַעֲקֹב סֶלָה:
10See our shield, O God, and look at the face of Your anointed. ימָגִנֵּנוּ רְאֵה אֱלֹהִים וְהַבֵּט פְּנֵי מְשִׁיחֶךָ:
11For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand; I chose to sit on the threshold of the house of My God rather than dwell in tents of wickedness. יאכִּי טוֹב יוֹם בַּחֲצֵרֶיךָ מֵאָלֶף בָּחַרְתִּי הִסְתּוֹפֵף בְּבֵית אֱלֹהַי מִדּוּר בְּאָהֳלֵי רֶשַׁע:
12For a sun and a shield is the Lord God; the Lord will give grace and glory; He will not withhold good from those who go with sincerity. יבכִּי שֶׁמֶשׁ | וּמָגֵן יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהִים חֵן וְכָבוֹד יִתֵּן יְהֹוָה לֹא יִמְנַע טוֹב לַהֹלְכִים בְּתָמִים:
13O Lord of Hosts, fortunate is the man who trusts in You. יגיְהֹוָה צְבָאוֹת אַשְׁרֵי אָדָם בֹּטֵחַ בָּךְ:

7Even the stork in the heaven knows her seasons, and the turtledoves and the crane and the swallow await the time of their coming, but My people do not know the ordinance of the Lord.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:56 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,166,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Really? ... "teach others to break it either"

Are you saying that Jesus taught to refrain from eating pork but Paul override Jesus's teachings??
Paul never taught anyone to eat unclean foods either, its modern day theology that has twisted his words to suit their own flesh, so they have an excuse to eat it.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If all had been fulfilled, then men would be walking about like Demigods ......
Your perception of this would depend on what the "all" is in "all has been fulfilled." The reference is to the Law, and the Law is fulfilled, the sacrifice part of that fulfillment is acknowledged by Jews of every persuasion, apparently, but the business about imperfectABLE rules is not. When you can see that rules can never cover what is needed for community with God and man, you will begin to see how love really DOES fulfill what the Law was intended to do.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:

18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Whose reading comprehension is in question?...

When Mashiach comes, you mean...

Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Paul never taught anyone to eat unclean foods either, its modern day theology that has twisted his words to suit their own flesh, so they have an excuse to eat it.
Yea, what was considered food to a Jew?...

Old 06-09-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

Whose reading comprehension is in question?...

When Mashiach comes, you mean...
So it comes down to how one word is translated in your proof text and you go with what suits your program vs what agrees with other texts on the subjecyt like Galations and Hebrews. Got you. Alright, that is the trouble with the Bible; there are a number of cases where views of competint perceptions escaped the editing of those who eliminated all but the orthodox view, It's an interesting study.

Ok, go ahead and stick with your program and I will continue to show that it makes no sense.

Incidentally, the original quote provided by SAAN reads "fulfilled," so MY reading comprehension is not in question, and all you did was object to the meaning of "fulfilled" earlier, you did not provide your alternate translation until the post here quoted

Last edited by nateswift; 06-09-2016 at 11:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity