Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And you're making assumptions that YOUR opinion overrides the inspired Word of God.
If it WERE the "inspired Word of God," you would have a point, but that is just one of your prejudices keeping you from exercising good sense.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:21 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,367,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Authority is not needed, just good sense.....and a willingness to follow it rather than our prejudices.
It doesn't seem very loving to tell someone he's misogynistic or prejudiced just because he believes the Bible. I feel that is a false statement and is disingenuous. I know many women who believe the Bible, do you tell them that they, too, are self-hating misogynists? And if so, is that an effective and loving witness?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:21 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Of course Jesus loves both men and women. No one is arguing that. However, He and the Father chose men to lead the church.

As far as Paul goes, Peter, who walked with Jesus, confirmed Paul's words as gospel.
I think people just find it easier to assign evil motive to Paul and they like to think their 21st century opinions on culture are more important.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:23 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If it WERE the "inspired Word of God," you would have a point, but that is just one of your prejudices keeping you from exercising good sense.
Right.....and some guy on an internet message board in 2016 has it all figured out where 2000 years of Christian history says otherwise.

Got any new thoughts you can give us? Something that hasn't been tried before? Something that actually makes sense?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:23 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Of course Jesus loves both men and women. No one is arguing that. However, He and the Father chose men to lead the church.

As far as Paul goes, Peter, who walked with Jesus, confirmed Paul's words as gospel.
More preciously Peter, who walked with Jesus, confirmed Paul's words as scripture.

And not only scriptures but to include this:
"His letters [Paul's] contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and
unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."

Old 10-14-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
It doesn't seem very loving to tell someone he's misogynistic or prejudiced just because he believes the Bible. I feel that is a false statement and is disingenuous. I know many women who believe the Bible, do you tell them that they, too, are self-hating misogynists? And if so, is that an effective and loving witness?
Yes, it beats lying when the subject comes up and is pressed. It is neither false, nor disingenuous, and we have had many discussions on why it is DEAD wrong to believe in plenary inspiration and inerrancy, especially as it puts the Guide Jesus promised into a secondary role at best. It is a pernicious doctrine and creates the kind of prejudice noted.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I think people just find it easier to assign evil motive to Paul and they like to think their 21st century opinions on culture are more important.
"Evil?" "Mistaken" would be appropriate even if the lines were penned by Paul, which I don't believe.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
I absolutely was when I believed that the bible was God's inerrant Word. I'm still dealing with the repercussions of the life-long, ingrained prejudices.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Right.....and some guy on an internet message board in 2016 has it all figured out where 2000 years of Christian history says otherwise.

Got any new thoughts you can give us? Something that hasn't been tried before? Something that actually makes sense?
You must mean 200 years of SOME of Christians' history. The truth does not change, nothing new.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:41 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
To them, you aren’t separate but equal, as they might claim from the pulpit. You may be made in the image of God, but not in the same way that they are. You are inferior. You are lesser than. You are Adam’s rib meat; baby machines, meal preparers, arm candy, pleasure tools designed by God for men to use as they desire. Some of these men of God will have the guts to actually say this, others will simply prove it to you. They are proving it to you now. Listen to them.

READ MORE
1 Tim 2:12
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

Right wing Christian males will not accept women as equal, much less leaders. God made women second, from the man, for the man. Women were an after thought.

Here is right wing radio making that very clear. Know you place ladies.

‘Christian’ Radio Host: ‘I’m Voting For Trump’ Because ‘Women Shouldn’t Be Entrusted’ As President ‹ Winning Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity