Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 11:07 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is not just for you - but for everyone.

God requires faith... not proof. We are not called to prove anything. We are called to believe.
i would say "we are called to have faith," simply because "believe" is easily conflated with "beliefs," and so then the next step is "you have to believe what i believe," which is false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Seems evangelicals also have that pack mentality in hat they all stick together, even when FACTS and REALITY point elsewhere and they SHUN those not willing to accept their mentality..
zing! repped out.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:09 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Mother instincts there. Nothing more.
And that is not MORALITY in action???

Evangelicals are really chocolate covered raisins only it is not MILK CHOCOLATE...and the raisins are ROCKS..

Tell me this is MOTHER INSTINCTS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_XFhTym6WY

Old 10-19-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is not just for you - but for everyone.

God requires faith... not proof. We are not called to prove anything. We are called to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i would say "we are called to have faith," simply because "believe" is easily conflated with "beliefs," and so then the next step is "you have to believe what i believe," which is false.
Quote:
zing! repped out.
ditto....

Old 10-19-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Animals don't have a soul. God did not breath into them the breath of life.
and to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, [I have given] every green herb for food.' And it was so.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
and to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, [I have given] every green herb for food.' And it was so.

THANKS!!!

OBVIOUSLY, some are not reading the book as much as they claim, huh?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Here's a painting! --> GOD

ha, can't help but reflect upon the current theories of scientists, "matrix," or "hologram," etc. The Bible is clear about the imaginary, unreal aspect of physical existence though.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Using this criterion, is there anything that cannot be legitimately claimed? Do you believe all of the claims about people seeing Elvis? Alien abductions?
That's a fair question. Obviously there must be some physical evidence that comes into play, otherwise - yeah, you can make up anything.

Now we are getting back to the topic of the importance of the Bible. Because in it, it mentions real people and real countries and the elements of nature, etc. Stuff is not being made up out of tin air.

For example - take the rainbow. We see it at times after a rain shower. God said he put it there as a sign of the promise that he would never again flood the entire earth. You can say - well it's not God... it's a matter of sunlight interacting with water vapor... it's a science issue. I can still take God's claim by faith and not be considered in the same category as the alien abductions.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:24 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
no, but it might do to help understand the realities as they existed then. It was a different world, maat. A completely different planet. Giants with six fingers ruled Canaan, 9, 10 feet tall. The Egyptians recorded them on steles. We are discussing them from idealism; people who resorted to eating their children sometimes. It is arguably at least extremely naive to do this.
So, you believe in moral relativism?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:26 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
I am using the two synonymously in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity