Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 02:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That depends on in your case how you view things, i cannot trust your judgement on the things unseen, because of your biases towards bible interpretation.. Whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. We are what we have been dwelling on. Stop lying to yourself believing your oppostIion on this forum is because we are not accepting of your "bible" beliefs.

I know what the opposition is, have no fear. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 02:25 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What is the opostion ? Keep it Brief

Old 05-28-2017, 02:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
What is the opostion ? Keep it Brief
I suspect it's the Satan's spawn that hangs around here. Like Pagans and liberal Christians.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:32 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,455,266 times
Through his son Jesus and believe he came in the flesh, died on the cross and rose from the dead. Nothing more or less and nothing to debate about.

Old 05-28-2017, 02:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Through his son Jesus and believe he came in the flesh, died on the cross and rose from the dead. Nothing more or less and nothing to debate about.
The Christian KISS rule in action.

Just say the magic words and the door to eternal bliss swings open. Kewl. Easy-peasy.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:16 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
That depends on in your case how you view things, i cannot trust your judgement on the things unseen, because of your biases towards bible interpretation.. Whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. We are what we have been dwelling on. Stop lying to yourself believing your oppostIion on this forum is because we are not accepting of your "bible" beliefs.
Well said, pcamps. If we dwell on those things we cannot "sin" or do wrong no matter what we believe or think about God or Jesus or any of the other concepts of human vanity and hubris found in religions.

Old 05-28-2017, 03:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,059,101 times
Funny. All of these things can be applied to scriptures. Who knew?

"Whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Old 05-29-2017, 07:47 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,350,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What is your opposition?. Keep it brief.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:03 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post

There is 0 proof in all existence that Jesus died on a cross. Just a greek word=Stauros--an upright pole or stake. translated to cross by Catholicism. who as well translated--Church into the bible--the problem with that is- no church existed when the books of the bible were written, Jesus spoke to the members( congregation) not to the building. Congregation is the correct usage of that greek word--not Church.
They as well in the ot translated--I am that I am. The Hebrew scholars say that is error--I will be what I will be is correct.
Many errors in trinity translations--to fit false Catholicism council teachings. No one had a clue by the time they translated--the originals were gone, Catholicism translating remained. The NWT fixed the errors--- rejected by those who live in errors.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:03 PM

23,228 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
There is 0 proof in all existence that Jesus died on a cross. Just a greek word=Stauros--an upright pole or stake. translated to cross by Catholicism. who as well translated--Church into the bible--the problem with that is- no church existed when the books of the bible were written, Jesus spoke to the members( congregation) not to the building. Congregation is the correct usage of that greek word--not Church.
They as well in the ot translated--I am that I am. The Hebrew scholars say that is error--I will be what I will be is correct.
Many errors in trinity translations--to fit false Catholicism council teachings. No one had a clue by the time they translated--the originals were gone, Catholicism translating remained. The NWT fixed the errors--- rejected by those who live in errors.

You sure your not a Catholic?

I mean, I used to really speak against the Catholic church until I realized that things were set up the way they are so that everyone could judge themselves.

It doesn't matter whether one speaks of Catholics or the Northern kingdom of Israel, it all happened and things written are to turn you upon yourself. If somebody sees something wrong with the Pharisees and scribes, it turns you to judge yourself in my good opinion.

I would say that where Jews sat 2000 years ago, today Christians sit.

God has played a trick on people to make them judge themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity