Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2017, 05:39 AM

465 posts, read 236,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In the book of Isaiah, different individuals, as well as Israel are called the servant of the Lord. In Isa. 20:3 the servant is Isaiah himself. In Isa. 22:20 the servant is Eliakim, the son of Hilkiah. In Isa. 37:35 the servant is David. In passages such as Isa. 41:8-9, 42:18-20, 43:10, 44:1, 44:21, 45:4, and 48:20, the servant is Israel.

[...]

As I said at the beginning of this thread, to the unbiased mind, Isaiah 53 clearly refers to the Messiah, not to Israel. And many Jews through the centuries have understood this. Many Jews have believed that Jesus is the Messiah because of Isaiah 53.
Thank you Mike555 for the amount of time you put into the writing of this.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:00 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The rain promised at the last day of the feast of Tabernacles is not rain that you pray for a grape harvest, it is the rain of spirit where you cannot receive the rain of spirit if you wont accept the feast of Tabernacles.
Tabernacles is a celebration of the final wheat harvest. Christians are the good seed of Mat 13:38 and they are wheat(Mt 3:12)

When Tabernacles is over, the people return to the permanent homes. Christians are ambassadors for Christ. We are living in a foreign land in homes that are not permanent. When our tour of duty is over, the One who sent us out, will recall us, and we will return to our permanent home.

Quote:
Your fire will never be quenched, your worm will never die because you didn't receive the rain of spirit to fall on your seed that it may die and bear fruit.
I like that thought.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Hannibal Flavius

Bueller?

Bueller?

LOL.
You mean Beliar aka Belial.

Quote:
REAL JEWS LOVE THE COMMANDMENTS.

I like this part the best.

Revelation 3
8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of The synagogue of Satan , which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

WE don't have to wonder who Jews are, they are the ones who love and keep the commandments of God as Revelation keeps showing.

Revelation 14
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints who keep the commandments of God

Revelation 12
And the dragon was enraged at the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God

1 John 2:3
By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments.

Revelation 21:27
But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who practices an abomination or a lie, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
But you're handling something which pertains to the same Kingdom of Christ you have been rejecting the whole time

The make-shift tent of one involved inside the deep state of you are not going to be allowed to change the story again

The commandments of God as for include justice and mercy a love for the truths of what Christ's been accomplishing

You're so far off the compass of light a real Jew you are not but a jew who poses as a gentile inside of a conflaguration

The laws of darkness not of light although you will pose to be there else but everywhere light goes you're interrupting

You will serve the darkness until your last breath because it's always been a joke to you to if no money in it is nothing

But if you think the sums will be there for you try your best to make sure you have solidified yourself against the same

The treasures of Egypt were taken away placed inside of places they belong not to a science museum but back on land

The lies told against the greatest civilized world to have ever existed so that money could become god for a fake sand

Amen-Re is Ra just a way to express the same elements that God of love justice as mercy created for a whole Kingdom

Not to be parted out to become garments of dust so injustice could later say they were evil while that was the uprising

Your Moses' law of blood sacrifice of where inside of the land called Egypt the hieroglyphs express shower Genesis one

Never did God demand animals be killed so that transgressors could claim to hold to a righteous law of self-sacrificing

Isaiah 66:3~

But whoever sacrifices a bull
is like one who kills a person,
and whoever offers a lamb
is like one who breaks a dog’s neck;

Old 07-17-2017, 07:05 AM

692 posts, read 375,904 times
Mike 555 posted:

Quote:
As I said at the beginning of this thread, to the unbiased mind, Isaiah 53 clearly refers to the Messiah, not to Israel. And many Jews through the centuries have understood this. Many Jews have believed that Jesus is the Messiah because of Isaiah 53.

https://outreachjudaism.org/gods-suf...ant-isaiah-53/

Despite strong objections from conservative Christian apologists, the prevailing rabbinic interpretation of Isaiah 53 ascribes the “servant” to the nation of Israel who silently endured unimaginable suffering at the hands of its gentile oppressors.

SERVANT OF GOD - JewishEncyclopedia.com

But the epithet represents the whole people or a section of Israel in the following passages: Ezek. xxviii. 25, xxxvii. 25; Jer. xxx. 10, xlvi. 27; Isa. xli. 8; xlii. 19 et seq.; xliii. 10; xliv. 1 et seq., 21; xlv. 4; xlviii. 20; it has ceased to be an "epitheton ornans" used to honor and distinguish an individual. This is patent from the use of "Jacob" as a synonymous designation (Ezek. xxviii. 25, xxxvii. 25; Jer. xxx. 10; Isa. xliv. 1, xlv. 4, xlviii. 20). Israel's destiny and duty, rather than its previous conduct, are indicated in this denomination. Israel is God's "chosen one," the equivalent of the expression "servant of Yhwh" used by these exilic prophets (Isa. xliii. 20, xlv. 4; comp. ib. lxv. 9, 15, 22). "My chosen [ones]" = "My servants" (Sellin, "Studien zur Entstehungsgeschichte der Jüdischen Gemeinde," i. 81). Yhwh has "called" and "strengthened" Israel (Isa. xli. 9); therefore it is not abandoned and need not be afraid (ib. verse 10). Its enemies shall be confounded (ib. verses 11, 12). Yhwh has called Israel by its name (i.e., His "servant" or "son"): therefore it belongs to Him; for He has created it and formed it (ib. xliii. 1, 2).

Isaiah's Suffering Servant

Note the use of the past tense in these passages:

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.(Isa. 53:4)

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed.(Isa. 53:5)

The verses to follow are from chapters 40-55, written by the second Isaiah, the author of the Suffering Servant passage.

But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; (Isa. 41:8)

"But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! (Isa. 44:1)

Thus says the LORD who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. (Isa. 44:2)

Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you, you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me. (Isa. 44:21)

For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I call you by your name, I surname you, though you do not know me. (Isa. 45:4)

Go forth from Babylon, flee from Chaldea, declare this with a shout of joy, proclaim it, send it forth to the end of the earth; say, "The LORD has redeemed his servant Jacob!" (Isa. 48:20)

3And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified." (Isa. 49:3)

Because Isaiah was written about 400 years before Christ, we can exclude verses in which servant is used in the present and past tense.

CONCLUSION
Mike555’s “unbiased mind” evidently ignores the plain meaning of words and the tenses Isaiah uses. I think I’ll stick with Isaiah.

Last edited by Aristotles child; 07-17-2017 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-17-2017, 10:14 AM

23,201 posts, read 10,481,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
You mean Beliar aka Belial.

But you're handling something which pertains to the same Kingdom of Christ you have been rejecting the whole time

The make-shift tent of one involved inside the deep state of you are not going to be allowed to change the story again

The commandments of God as for include justice and mercy a love for the truths of what Christ's been accomplishing

You're so far off the compass of light a real Jew you are not but a jew who poses as a gentile inside of a conflaguration

The laws of darkness not of light although you will pose to be there else but everywhere light goes you're interrupting

You will serve the darkness until your last breath because it's always been a joke to you to if no money in it is nothing

But if you think the sums will be there for you try your best to make sure you have solidified yourself against the same

The treasures of Egypt were taken away placed inside of places they belong not to a science museum but back on land

The lies told against the greatest civilized world to have ever existed so that money could become god for a fake sand

Amen-Re is Ra just a way to express the same elements that God of love justice as mercy created for a whole Kingdom

Not to be parted out to become garments of dust so injustice could later say they were evil while that was the uprising

Your Moses' law of blood sacrifice of where inside of the land called Egypt the hieroglyphs express shower Genesis one

Never did God demand animals be killed so that transgressors could claim to hold to a righteous law of self-sacrificing

Isaiah 66:3~

But whoever sacrifices a bull
is like one who kills a person,
and whoever offers a lamb
is like one who breaks a dog’s neck;

We know who Jews are dude, we also know the facts of who the covenant pertains to. Jesus brought a covenant to Ephraim and Judah, and this is Gentiles who convert to Judaism to become one with Jews, and Jews.

Where do you fit in?

Where do you get off thinking you are a Jew, and Jews are not?

Jesus brought a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, and we don't have a debate here Orion, you don't have a dog in this race because you are not Ephraim, or Judah.

How do I know that you aren't Israel?

How do I know that you are neither Ephraim of Judah?

Ezekiel 37
22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

WE KNOW WHO EPHRAIM AND JUDAH ARE BECAUSE THEY ARE ONE PEOPLE MADE FROM TWO, AND THEY WILL LOVE AND KEEP THE STATUTES, THE PRECEPTS, THE JUDGMENTS AND THE WAYS OF GOD.

THIS ISN'T A DEBATE ORION, WE KNOW WHO EPHRAIM AND JUDAH ARE BECAUSE THEY LOVE AND KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD

You quote Isaiah 66, and that is one of my favorite scriptures, but keep reading to find out how a Gentile can become a Priest.

Isaiah 66
20And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

If you decide to perform the duties of a priest, and you become a servant to a Jew to bring him back to Israel or to serve him, THEN God might just call you out to be a priest because you came offering a Jew AS AN OFFERING TO GOD, EVEN A JEW WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN JESUS.

HERE IS THE EXTRA VESSEL THE 5 WISE VIRGINS HAVE, HERE IS THE WISE VIRGIN WHO FIXES THE COVENANT AND BECOME A SON OF OIL. HERE IS THE OIL THAT A WISE VIRGIN OBTAINS BECAUSE SHE PERFORMED THE DUTIES OF A PRIEST BY SERVING A JEW, AND BRINGING THAT JEW BACK TO ISRAEL.

That's how blessed Israel is, that is just how committed God is to Judah, that he would bless any gentile who serves the Jews, who just brings a Jew back to Israel, that Gentile obtains the greatest gift offered to mankind.

This is where the wise virgins tell the foolish where to go and purchase oil.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
Mike 555 posted:

[...]

Note the use of the past tense in these passages:

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.(Isa. 53:4)

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that made us whole, and with his stripes we are healed.(Isa. 53:5)

[...]

Because Isaiah was written about 400 years before Christ, we can exclude verses in which servant is used in the present and past tense.

CONCLUSION
Mike555’s “unbiased mind” evidently ignores the plain meaning of words and the tenses Isaiah uses. I think I’ll stick with Isaiah.
You will stick with Isaiah chapters 1 and 66 for that is the season of how Isaiah found it reasoned

Past tense is where you will live for the Christ was slain from the same foundation of that world

That Isaiah could accept that same atoning work of Christ as if it had been done already fold

That by faith a person could take that same sacrifice as believe upon it to peace be found

It does not matter what else Mike555 may write the same tempest comes to take a pond

Make it shallow waters of a great big ocean flooded by the same tears of that same God

Who made a delivery of that very exact atonement Isaiah saw then came back to lock

The gateway into God's eternal Kingdom are not entered into by those who would mock

Make the nation-state of Israel something it has never been but more counted as rocks

The political world of all of its senses because when a jew wants something who knocks

That rarely would one live very long their political career up in the air their media renews

How saved they are now giving all that foreign aid money away but that is not for review

Isaiah 19:24-25 Christmastime inside the Kingdom of God is to be blessed by God so sew:

'Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria the work of my hands, Israel my inheritance' eschew

"He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain" 53:3

Old 07-17-2017, 10:31 AM

692 posts, read 375,904 times
Orion rules posted
Quote:
Past tense is where you will live for the Christ was slain from the same foundation of that world
???

QUESTION: Please explain what you are talking about.

There are three basic tenses: The Past (has already happened), the present (is happening now), and the future (has not happened but will happen).

Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
Orion rules posted ???

QUESTION: Please explain what you are talking about.

There are three basic tenses: The Past (has already happened), the present (is happening now), and the future (has not happened but will happen).
Because the Lord Yeshua Christ is the Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

He always was always will be as He is now He is He will be with never any to end.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
We know who Jews are dude, we also know the facts of who the covenant pertains to. Jesus brought a covenant to Ephraim and Judah, and this is Gentiles who convert to Judaism to become one with Jews, and Jews.

Where do you fit in?

Where do you get off thinking you are a Jew, and Jews are not?

Jesus brought a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, and we don't have a debate here Orion, you don't have a dog in this race because you are not Ephraim, or Judah.

How do I know that you aren't Israel?

...[...]
Your garbage never stops never stands still always out to make one more lever of yours become a wheel

Shimon Peres I considered him a grandfather as I said he was my friend and you dare come insult to steal

First it is one is not then they might be then they are just to write that same person off then return it's real

La-la-la you're lost can't make headway anywhere else but that you go find a dark corner and press it's fill

In those spaces and blanks with so much garbage who can answer the same garbage anyway than it steals

Old 07-17-2017, 01:23 PM

23,201 posts, read 10,481,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Your garbage never stops never stands still always out to make one more lever of yours become a wheel

Shimon Peres I considered him a grandfather as I said he was my friend and you dare come insult to steal

First it is one is not then they might be then they are just to write that same person off then return it's real

La-la-la you're lost can't make headway anywhere else but that you go find a dark corner and press it's fill

In those spaces and blanks with so much garbage who can answer the same garbage anyway than it steals
I speak of what is written, that's all.

Everyone is speaking of a religion called Judaism. Jesus came walking in Judaism teaching the secrets of Torah, and we offer this Jesus as a Passover lamb, as a Sukkot bull, and every important day of his life was set in stone to take place. Just as he died on Passover, he had to be unleavened bread in a tomb, he had to be firstfruits of resurrection, he had to be the sower in the barley and separated to God in the wheat. He was born on the first day of the feast of Tabernacles and his circumcision that brought him under the covenant at 8 days old was set and performed on Shemini Atzeret, the day of circumcision.

I don't know the Egyptian religion or Babylonian religion you keep talking about, but the law and the prophets is the subject of the New Testament when Jesus comes to be a new Adam that gives us strength not to break the laws of Moses.

You keep speaking of something else, you keep taking Jewish things, and Jewish writings to act as if you can take the Jewishness or the religion of Judaism out of it when you cannot.

Again, if you don't believe the words that came out of Messiah, then what are you doing?

What are you making up?

I show you a legal covenant and who the covenant is for, and I did not imagine these things, it is the fact of a legal covenant written by the hand of God, I present what God has presented, and you have a problem with it.

Then you can't seem to figure out what a Jew is, or who Ephraim is.

Ezekiel 37

Again, Jesus brings a new covenant that take two men and makes them one man. This nation of God loves and keeps the commandments. Gentiles want to insert themselves into these two men who become one man, but this covenant is not for the lawless, AS STATED.

2And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

We don't have to wonder who the covenant is for, it is for Ephraim and Judah which are Gentiles and Jews who love and keep the commandments of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity