Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I said hand. Singular.

As in Yeshua.

You reply hands?
And you know full well of the Water and Bread.

You have plainly ignored the Holy Spirit for a bribe. And everyone that reads, has seen.

I'm sure it was an honest mistake. You must first know your right hand from your left. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 09:47 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
In all sincerity, Rbbi ... What is that you want other people to get from what you are saying, in a nutshell, and why do you believe it's important to them to hear it? In other words, in keeping with the theme of the thread ... What's your mission?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
My mission is to obey Him, in a nutshell, as you say. Peace
Quote:
Thank you, I do appreciate you answering.

Would you say, then, that your mission is to encourage other people to obey God as well?

ETA: I'm actually assuming the answer to that is yes. So, a further question is this: What, in your experience, has been the benefit of obedience?
I'd be interested to hear your answer, Rbbi. Maybe I can get the ball rolling...

I think I could perhaps also use the word obedience, in a sense, in that it is my desire to be in accord with the God who is love. To me, the foundation of that is being transformed by the renewing of the mind through thinking on (communing with) whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, excellent or praiseworthy. Since God is the source of those things, and of ALL that is good, it means maintaining my focus on God.

God is in each of us, so I want to learn to see God in everyone I come into contact with, and not focus on any outward stuff that's not in accord with who people really are at their core. I don't want to dwell on fear, anger, condemnation of self or others, worry, or anything else that takes my mind off of God.

My mission, then, is to soak in God, and to be saturated, more and more, so that the God who is love just oozes out of me, in every possible way, in word and in deed. That's my desire.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:00 AM

As I was writing my previous post, I recalled you posted this, camps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have a mission to bring myself to Jesus, to be transformed by the renewal of the mind, to be conformed to the image of his son, to abide in his love and to express that love in faith that it is greater than any so called force empowered by the power we give it.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:34 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
I'd be interested to hear your answer, Rbbi. Maybe I can get the ball rolling...

I think I could perhaps also use the word obedience, in a sense, in that it is my desire to be in accord with the God who is love. To me, the foundation of that is being transformed by the renewing of the mind through thinking on (communing with) whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, excellent or praiseworthy. Since God is the source of those things, and of ALL that is good, it means maintaining my focus on God.

God is in each of us, so I want to learn to see God in everyone I come into contact with, and not focus on any outward stuff that's not in accord with who people really are at their core. I don't want to dwell on fear, anger, condemnation of self or others, worry, or anything else that takes my mind off of God.

My mission, then, is to soak in God, and to be saturated, more and more, so that the God who is love just oozes out of me, in every possible way, in word and in deed. That's my desire.
Something I shared before.

Once the cup is cleansed on the inside. What do you do about the outside.

Now if such company were to take up familiar cloak and creep in unawares before the outside of the cup was conditioned with inside.
Then this would be a loss.

The prince of this world hates to see the Lord's work.

And will do anything to Choke out his Word from the faithfull.
Fear of the flesh, no.

There is a secret space to go.
And Good company will meet you there.

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

Old 09-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Something I shared before.

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
Exactly! The company we keep (in other words, the things we dwell on) are vitally important. If I'm dwelling on the things I or another person are doing, that do not line up with who we really are at our core (a child of the God wo is love), that can do nothing but corrupt MY character.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Exactly! The company we keep (in other words, the things we dwell on) are vitally important. If I'm dwelling on the things I or another person are doing, that do not line up with who we really are at our core (a child of the God wo is love), that can do nothing but corrupt MY character.
Excellent point yes.

But there Will come a time for a harder lesson.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If so, how do you do it? Do you feel successful?

Not to leave others out, ha...
Do you have a 'mission' for something else?
Want to talk about it?

Added: Gosh, I should have said...and can we keep it friendly!!?
If it's mean, keep it to yourself. Simple.
'Think it, don't fling it.' Seems fair to me.
The First Commision?

Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:03 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
How can you NOT, if He is in you being Himself, is what I want to know? G-d was in Christ RECONCILING ALL MEN unto Himself. Where is He now? In us? So what then should He be doing, if He's in you? Not that hard to figure out, is it really??? Peace
I shall offer you a parable. This event happened by the way.

Yesterday, I went to a fish fry, ordered an extra and gave it to a girl. She may have shared it with her sister, given it to her sister, chucked it, or eaten its herself.

I thought about the fish in terms of... well, what the fish is a symbol for. All of these are ways in which one might approach grace and the message of the Bible. Discard it completely. Give it to someone else, but do your own thing. Take it, but keep it to yourself. Share it. I didn't stay long enough to find out what she did, and this is the point. God gave us a gift, but no commands how to use it.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Excellent point yes.

But there Will come a time for a harder lesson.
Yes, because none of us is perfect at dwelling only on the life-giving God of love, and we fall into focus on fear, anger, hate, worry, etc. And that has consequences. But it's okay, because when we become aware that our misplaced focus has brought those unwanted circumstances into our life, God can use that to draw our attention to life and love, once again. God is great at God's job.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:12 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you have a mission to bring people to Jesus?

No. I prefer to exhibit his love for all humanity, even if it means "walking" down the dark, back alleys of life.

Helping those in need!
This, for me too. I let my life reflect the love of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity