Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 10:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
That's too bad, I have studied the New Testament for years but it was just not enough. I knew there was more to learn about the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of all Mankind. And the Urantia Book answered all my questions. Free will is a wonderful thing!
But your link leads to it, right? I needed the space and gave boxes of books to a good place.
That was the section I planned on reading...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 10:15 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
I have a mission to bring myself to Jesus, to be transformed by the renewal of the mind, to be conformed to the image of his son, to abide in his love and to express that love in faith that it is greater than any so called force empowered by the power we give it.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:23 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And how many times do I have to ask this?

Once again.....WHO was speaking through ALL of them?.....
As many times as it takes you to come to the realization that ANY passage may be confirmed by the Spirit, but NOT all of them are.

That the Bible, the writing, is ONLY valuable WHEN confirmed by the Spirit Jesus both promised and taught about.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Rbbi?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
In all sincerity, Rbbi ... What is that you want other people to get from what you are saying, in a nutshell, and why do you believe it's important to them to hear it? In other words, in keeping with the theme of the thread ... What's your mission?

Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have a mission to bring myself to Jesus, to be transformed by the renewal of the mind, to be conformed to the image of his son, to abide in his love and to express that love in faith that it is greater than any so called force empowered by the power we give it.
That is a beautiful, blessed mission...and God knows your heart.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:02 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,810,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If so, how do you do it? Do you feel successful?

Not to leave others out, ha...
Do you have a 'mission' for something else?
Want to talk about it?

Added: Gosh, I should have said...and can we keep it friendly!!?
If it's mean, keep it to yourself. Simple.
'Think it, don't fling it.' Seems fair to me.

This is a Christian Forum.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:36 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Again I will ask you, are you aware that your bible clearly states the ministry of the Spirit is far more glorious then that which is written? So do you not see it's a no brainer when it comes to which one I turn too?. Clearly from what is being said in 2 Corininthians 3 is that the ministry of the letter and the ministry of the spirit are not only not the same, but one of them is far more glorious .

Old 09-02-2017, 03:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
God give you the free will to read anything you want, don't call something "demonic" that you have never read and know nothing about. Peace!

Don't go there with me RR....I have read enough of it to know what it's source is, and the lies never change from "channeler" to "channeler" because they all have the same source, and I was probably reading that stuff when you were in diapers. Peace

Old 09-02-2017, 03:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Don't go there with me RR....I have read enough of it to know what it's source is, and the lies never change from "channeler" to "channeler" because they all have the same source, and I was probably reading that stuff when you were in diapers. Peace
Before the internet then?.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:53 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
Before the internet then?.

Duh. I already gave you my timeline. What's the point of this question, then? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity