Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 10:22 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Simple fact is when certain people state "knows nothing outside of a worshipped bible." , or that the Bible is so unreliable \ out of date what is really being proclaimed is that they worship themselves because they hate the truth of the Holy Bible being God's Word.

Jesus is pictured as having a double edged sword coming out his mouth in Rev 1:16; 2:12
"In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword.
His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."

“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword."
A double edged sword cuts both ways - which is why they react to near hysteria concerning hell \ condemnation - because the Holy Bible teaches that God will do both.

And so the same enemies of God will continue to pound their own modern copy [of a copy of a copy of an interpretation of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.] of a 2000+ year old hate.

Which circles back to the purpose of the mission, OP's \posts that object and or give an alternative ( i.e. all paths lead) message to
  • Jesus being only the Way, the Truth, the Life
  • The Holy Bible is the source of
    • absolute truth
    • of salvation
will find the double edge sword coming from the mouth of Jesus that condemns.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 10:23 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Simple fact is when certain people state "knows nothing outside of a worshipped bible." , or that the Bible is so unreliable \ out of date what is really being proclaimed is that they worship themselves because they hate the truth of the Holy Bible being God's Word.

Jesus is pictured as having a double edged sword coming out his mouth in Rev 1:16; 2:12
"In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword.
His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance."

“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write:
These are the words of him who has the sharp, double-edged sword."

A double edged sword cuts both ways - which is why they react to near hysteria concerning hell \ condemnation - because the Holy Bible teaches that God will do both.

And so the same enemies of God will continue to pound their own modern copy [of a copy of a copy of an interpretation of a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.] of a 2000+ year old hate.

Which circles back to the purpose of the mission, OP's \posts that object and or give an alternative ( i.e. all paths lead) message to
  • Jesus being only the Way, the Truth, the Life
  • The Holy Bible is the source of
    • absolute truth
    • of salvation
will find the double edge sword coming from the mouth of Jesus that condemns.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
our houses hide demons and create darkness for them to hide in..
tear down the house... before he burns it down with his very presence. the house you speak of " finding the house well swept and put in order.... he get 7 worse than himself ... and the state of the man is worse than in the beginning ) the point is you have a house that stands only by the lies you believe. that house is our kingdoms. things we believe that isn't what he believes.. behind those lies in your house/kingdom demons hide from the light of God.
Joels army ch2 proves what is coming and it will come . and only those who have repented from sin and filled with his spirit and have a new body waiting will make it through that wall of fire.

Joe 2:1
¶
Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2
A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3
A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
Joe 2:4
The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5
Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
Joe 2:6
Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

it's coming....soon .. way too soon for most .

Yep, swept but not garnished is always a problem. Most are clueless about the need for sanctification after initial salvation, which is why you hear so many voices crying out of the wilderness, most of them still screaming "Crucify Him" and then wondering why there are still sick and dying among them for not discerning/separating the wheat from the chaff, the Lord's body (from the filthiness of the things of the flesh). Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, it's the truth for anyone with ears to hear and eyes to see. Peace
It is your opinion, like thousands of other opinions concerning the interpretation of scripture. Jesus although he came as it is written, did not come to interpret the book reveal the book or claiming he was the book, he came to the reveal the Father and he did this by being God manifest in the flesh. It is that simple. Namaste

Old 08-31-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It is your opinion, like thousands of other opinions concerning the interpretation of scripture. Jesus although he came as it is written, did not come to interpret the book reveal the book or claiming he was the book, he came to the reveal the Father and he did this by being God manifest in the flesh. It is that simple. Namaste

And He is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow, which means what He said through the HG through men of old, has not changed either. It's that simple. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm happy to discuss it. But I don't appreciate getting insulted over it. I don't do that to you, and I don't appreciate others (not you included) doing it.
Did I miss something? Have they insulted you saying any adjectives like 'you're stupid' ?
Or is it that they do not believe in what you believe in?
So far that is what i have seen, the second thing I said...I may have missed stuff, tho.

I know in any relationship if the spouse may say ..."It's Tues rem to take out the trash"...
the other may 'hear' in their mind....''You are so forgetful and a loser that always needs to be reminded!!! Geeze."
When that was not said at all !
( I have done the couples therapy thing, lemme tell ya! And it was ME that heard an accusation in a simple request...)

Old 08-31-2017, 10:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Ironic when someone uses Scripture to argue against using Scripture, isn't it? I mean.....you can't make that stuff up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am not doing any such thing , I am saying the scriptures ARE NOT what you fundamentalists say they are. That being the case how can you testify to anyone the essence of the message of Jesus Christ when you basically nullify him by the error of your way and seeing the difference to the written and the one it testifies of.
Quote:
Does it never get old? Just non-stop accusations and belittling. There are 3-4 of you guys that continue to pound that rock.
So where did it start? You continually draw a line that we have not drawn and accuse us of attacking the Bible, when what is being pointed out is that your perception of the Bible is what is wrong; that it IS a useful tool for the Spirit when interpreted BY the Spirit.

You just fall back on basesless accusations rather than justify your perceptions whan it is pointed out that interpretations of the Bible vary WIDELY among those who claim it as authority. You seem to think that YOUR interpretation is correct with NO more basis for thinking so that many others who differ.

Stop and consider whether the basic perception is the one in error and think what it would be like if everyone considered how any particular idea reflects the love of God.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
I'm happy to discuss it. But I don't appreciate getting insulted over it. I don't do that to you, and I don't appreciate others (not you included) doing it.
Seriously?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And He is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow, which means
what He said through the HG through men of old, has not changed either.
It's that simple. Peace
You are very trusting.
I trust the Holy Spirit, we all do...but, not men...meaning often the copying and copying of verses...tinges of personal interpretations in there.
I think you believe there is none, that it comes straight from the Holy Spirit...oh, if only...

I'm thinking it is time for those that think it is all God breathed and those that think it is not...should take a break and relax and find the common ground they do have.
Because there is a lot of love for God on this forum and thread.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Seriously?
He was talking to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity